Search results

1. Changing to a used CUPRA what to look out for?

Any aftermarket parts you will be selling on DJ?
  2. Koni FSDs - Which ones?!

No it won't change it much, I'd like to lower it some, but I would rather have better handling and not ruin the shocks instead of lower car with ruined shocks in 12 months time!
  3. Koni FSDs - Which ones?!

I've been advised that as the fsd's were designed for stock suspension it would be best not to lower it too much, hence pro kit. Thoughts? (Do i phone dealer I bought car from or seat customer care?)
  4. Koni FSDs - Which ones?!

Ideal thanks alx! Will do that in the morning.
  5. Koni FSDs - Which ones?!

Hi all, Just about to drop some ££ on a new suspension setup, gone for the koni fsd dampers and eibach pro kit springs. My car is a MY08 leon FR TFSI Firstly just to confirm the eibach springs i need are part number E10-81-009-05-22? Secondly which koni's do I need the ones for...
  6. Over a month with Bluefin

Thanks for the pm dude. They list two units for the leon fr, both state "Not for use on CAWB, CBFA or CCTA engine codes as per the YR 2008 TSI engine." I have a MY08 leon fr tfsi - does this affect me?
  7. Over a month with Bluefin

good stuff! Is there any discounts out there for bluefin? I'm ready to purchase!! :D
  8. Remap Insurance Cost

Yeah I understood, my point was if you aren't going to tell insurance about remap why insure at all? Isn't hard for them to find out its remapped in the event of a claim.
  9. Remap Insurance Cost

Why drive with insurance?
  10. Remap Insurance Cost

Had my heart set on getting a bluefin remap, however this will add another £200 ontop of my insurance. Is £600 (400 remap 200 insurance) worth the extra 40bhp? This is with bell insurance, does anyone have any recomendations for a mod friendly insurer? (im 23 with leon fr tfsi)
  11. Mfd3

Do you need the MFD for bluetooth functionality? I'm thinking of installing the MFD3 and premium bluetooth kit, will that work happily together without the large MFD? Can't see the value in spending £500 on a new cluster.
  12. Leon FR Suspension

Hmm think I may stay with the prolines as the koni's were designed for oem springs.
  13. Leon FR Suspension

Isn't the proline kit recomended with the koni's? As the sportline lowers it too much?
  14. New shocks for FR 170...Koni FSD on standard springs

Right I think I'm just gonna do it properly and get the koni fsd's with eibach proline springs. Anyone have any recomendations of where to pick up this hardware for a leon fr tfsi? Also anyone down south near reading that can recomend a garage?
  15. New shocks for FR 170...Koni FSD on standard springs

Struggling with the same decision aswell Dave, go with just the eibach springs, springs and koni's or oem springs and koni's! Decisions decisions!
  16. New shocks for FR 170...Koni FSD on standard springs

I had settled on eibach sportline springs to help improve the ride and lower it. Has anyone got them with koni fsd dampers? Any thoughts on the combination?
  17. EIBACH springs

Is the car too low to have sportlines and side skirts? What's a competitive rate for a garage to fit springs if I provide the springs?
  18. Crash Bang Wallop - FR TDI Suspension!

Maybe a stupid question but does changing the suspension invalidate the warranty? Does it matter if it's done by an indy garage or dealership? Is there a hard a fast rule for what does and doesn't invalidate the warranty?
  19. Anyone had problems with remaps?

Any chance of a piccy? I'm thinking of doimng exactly the same but with prolines instead as I don't want it to be too firm.
  20. Anyone with an FR DSG

How's the mpg post remap?
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members