Search results

1. Cal91

Need advice on front end impact!

Its been a LONG LONG time since I've been on here. Easily a few years. I no longer own a VAG car... unfortunately. I'm looking for help! I need someone who has had a front end impact and is able to give some advice. A friend has hit a deer on a country road and its bent his bonnet back. Car...
  2. Cal91

seat ibiza fr remap vs

Thank you for your help! I'm glad it's fine. I need to get the car now!
  3. Cal91

seat ibiza fr remap vs

Sorry to hack this thread but... I am about to buy an Ibiza FR TDi and I'm buying it to be remapped. I'm just a little worried my clutch will be eaten... opinions? The car I'm looking at has 34,000 on the clock.
  4. Cal91

Engine "beep"?

I have noticed this but it never bothers me, I reckon it's something to do with the power steering. My girlfriend seems to notice it more than me because it annoys the hell out of her! :lol:
  5. Cal91

mk4 Head Unit

You have 3 subs?! Nick, you game man!
  6. Cal91

mk4 Head Unit

It's peak. It's a Vibe Space I think? Still some heavy watts RMS though! I was running 2400watts RMS a few month ago. They were my mates 2 JL Audio W3's. If I was stood still and the bass hit hard, one of my HID's would cut! Useful :)
  7. Cal91

mk4 Head Unit

I have a Alpine IDA-x305. The sound quality is immense and its very easy to use... looks cool too and you can change the colours to match the dash lights. It has no CD slot. (This was kind of the reason why I bought it, when you have an iPod, when do you ever use CD's?!)
  8. Cal91

what colour grey is this ibiza?

Zenith Grey! Same colour as mine, it has a slight blue tint to it. Love it :)
  9. Cal91

2007 Formula Sport 1400 - Lack of pulling power

I took my car in for loads of warranty jobs. I asked them to do the ECU update and they said there was no such update. I'm pissed off cos my mum drove my car the other day and nearly killed herself pulling out of a roundabout! I only have 2 days left of warranty, no chance of getting it done...
  10. Cal91

Soooo MK5!

You say that but the mk4 is all round and curvy, no sharp creases like newer cars. If you look at all the modern small town cars such as the new Fiesta, Ibiza, Corsa, etc... the mk4 doesn't stand a chance, it has been out a while now. It's still a good looking car though... I would compare it...
  11. Cal91

Soooo MK5!

Took my car in for a service the other week and they parked it up next to a mk5 1.6 Sport in white. I have to admit, I felt a little sad on the drive home. The mk4's look so dated... I would even go to calling them slightly ugly compared to the mk5.:(
  12. Cal91

New Grills

I've just bought a centre lower grille for £20 from my dealers. I got into a fight with 3 pheasants and they broke my grille... but I broke their necks.
  13. Cal91

ABS & Power Steering Light

I knew I was right, I just confused myself :lol: I would get it checked out ASAP, just in case we're wrong! I would think your ABS won't be working properly at the moment.
  14. Cal91

ABS & Power Steering Light

Basically I think it's what Neo said! The ABS sensors will be thinking the back wheels have locked up because they are spinning slower than the fronts. (If that makes sense? or is it the fronts spinning slower than the rears? :confused:)
  15. Cal91

Lights?

Ahh, okay. I had a Sport pre-facelift and it had double so I assumed they all came with them :D
  16. Cal91

Lights?

Basically what Nexus said. Lower models (S, SX, etc) have a single headlight that uses the double filament H4 bulb. Higher models (Sport, Formula Sport, Sportrider, FR, Cupra etc) have seperate bulbs for main and low beam. These are H7 for low and H1 for main.
  17. Cal91

Getting the cupra off the line!

Launch control! I'm sure it'll have it somewhere... If it's anything like the Golf GTi's you need to have it enabled at a dealership.
  18. Cal91

A simple yes or no question about a WOT box.

It's 2 step launch control and WOT (wide open throttle) gear changes in a box. :lol: It's a nice bit of kit! http://www.npcompleteperformance.com/wotbox What made me think is this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbM0ksEzvBw I'm sure that's a diesel! His YouTube name is 'to2diesel' and it...
  19. Cal91

A simple yes or no question about a WOT box.

Do they work on diesels? Sorry if it's a noob question.
  20. Cal91

Hardest fix to do on the car...

I used long-nose pliers and it worked a treat! But this is only on a 1.4 and I have more room. The thing is, I am on my 3rd set of LED's now. They just melt!!! I have given up and just left them flickering away like a strobe light. I need some new ones, any recommendations? My MOT is soon...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.