Search results

1. Help With Turbo Boost.

Hi Mike Although I no longer have the car (now an Audi driver), I did get to the bottom of this - see this post for the root cause http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=213048 Check this very carefully. As for a turbo running in - thats bollox. Once I had a decent new turbo...
  2. Leon HID 6000k and Angel eyes problem??

From what I remember a few people on here that fitted angel eyes took them off again as they gave poor light output, even with HIDs.
  3. Falken 912's...

I have just sold my Leon Cupra TDi, but in its time I've had Goodyear F1s, then Falken 452s and then most recently decided to go to 912s. I have no issues with these at all, and coming from Devon we have quite a few twisty roads and I love a bit of spirited rural driving !! I honestly think...
  4. would a full SS decat help my 110bhp remapped car?

When I owned a 110hp Leon a few years ago I had a remap then changed the wheels to 17"" (cupra alloys) and it transformed the handling and stopped a lot of body roll. I'd go for the wheels now you got 140hp, at least you will keep it on the road easier thru the bends -- I dont think the gains...
  5. Urgent * Need Leon Cupra TDi boot badge spacine asap please.

Hi Guys After a respray due to some b**tard key'ing my car, the garage appear to have got one of my badges on a bit wonky. Plus the Leon on one side is at different height to Seat on the other. Can someone give me the height from the bottom of the boot to the bottom of the badge for all...
  6. The New Turbo Saga Ends.................

.........for those who may remember I recently had a new turbo after mine gracefully snapped the turbine shaft. After the turbo was replaced my boost was coming in late, I was down on power and turbo lag poor. I went to the nth degree to prove this was the new (garret oem VW supplied) turbo...
  7. POP,CHUFF, One Dead Turbo

Interesting that mine did exactly the same at 56000 miles !!!! shaft snapped too. Had about a week of noisy bearing (as some have mentioned) then snap. total cost to get an oem one was £1200 total (turbo, oil/filter change, oil feed pipe, fitting). And likewise I dont rag from cold and...
  8. Help With Turbo Boost.

I have by-passed N75 / airflow control by putting VNT hose straight onto permanent vacuum outlet. And still the same turbo lag / slow spool up. I have been spending so much time reading up on everything. And remember the car was running absolutely 100% fine until turbo turbine shaft snapped...
  9. Help With Turbo Boost.

...also checked my vacuum today - Tee'ing a gauge into VNT vac line. At idle this was pulling about 35cm Hg. Also crimped the line and turned off engine - the vac held fairly well, proving hose is not split. Driving car the vacuum decreases as it should as the revs go up. Changing gear shows...
  10. Help With Turbo Boost.

Mmm car going back to the garage this week. I think its either the turbo itself or the setup of the VNT. Vac hose seems ok - but will get that changed. Put the VNT hose straight onto the vac supply (bypassing the N75). Did some low rev driving (so as not to overboost) - and nothing from the...
  11. Help With Turbo Boost.

Guys - please help as Cupra TDi still unwell. Up to the point my turbo blew (turbine shaft let go - no engine damage) car had been running like a dream. Since turbo replaced for an OEM part, the boost has not bee picking up until >2100rpm and theres lag when changing gear (even when keeping...
  12. metallic clunk whenever im turning at very slow speeds

When my girlfriends car did this is was a broken spring (front).
  13. Help - New Turbo - Boost/Lag Issues.............

Hi All My turbo recently made a new whining noise for about a week before dying completely -- zero boost followed by dense smoke out the back. I have had a new genuine turbo installed, but now having trouble with boost/lag. The turbo : 1. Cant feel kick in (boost) until around 2100 rpm...
  14. bang from engine then black smoke

Dont book it in mate. It will be a blown hose. Mine and many others here have had the same thing happen. The clips let go and they blow off - typical on a Leon on the lower intercooler connection. Take a look, follow the hoses from the turbo as they route around the front of the car...
  15. Leon FR

This is a bit of an issue with boot mounted ones as they all have roof-clips. However on the Leon this would have to attach to the plastic roof spoiler - and in my opinion this is not a secure/safe option (I think 1 or 2 on here have taken the risk). You could get a towbar one if you require...
  16. Clutch Slipping

Lots of people on here have had these changed under warranty - including myself - without problem. The dealer and Seat UK simply said if they stripped it and found it was slipping due to excesive wear then I'd be responsible - but if it was a manufacturing defect etc then it would be covered...
  17. HIDs vs insurance

I would say in the right (or wrong) situation then having HIDs fitted could go against you - from a legal and/or insurance perspective. For example if you had a crash with another vehicle and the driver of that vehicle declared that he was dazzled or blinded by your lights -- and these were...
  18. TDi PD using lots of derv! :(

Have you made sure your cold tire pressures are spot on ? Also, an air filter is dead cheap, and wouldnt have been changed during a normal 30K service. On my Cupra TDI I tend to change it out every 10K - can make quite a difference if its full of crap. Also if its been grannied for too...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise