Search results

1. Bulb Warnings

I used to get random number plate bulb warnings. At the last service the dealer replaced it at no charge. Not had a reoccurrence since.
  2. What tyres do you have fitted?

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrical on mine. Gone through 2 sets of fronts in 30k miles. I've been very happy with them and think they are better than the P Zeroes that were on my previous Leon FR and the Cupra R before that.
  3. Playing music from a memory stick

The memory stick behaves like a 6 CD autochanger. You can have 6 folders and then as many tracks as you like within each folder. It doesn't display the track information either :-( That's the downside of the Exeo being based on the B7 A4 - it's a previous generation technology wise.
  4. Where to go from here?

I'm opting back into my company car scheme so I've just ordered a Superb 170 TDi DSG Elegance to replace my privately owned Exeo 170 TDi SE Lux. It's a lot of car for the money and is nicely built. I've had one on test for a couple of days and was very impressed.
  5. ipod cable

I'm using a 16GB USB stick with no issues.
  6. Can you switch Xenons for driving in Europe?

I don't have VAGCOM so can't try that.I'll have a look under the bonnet later to see if there are any levers but I guess I'll stick with the beam deflectors. Is there a fuse to disable the cornering lights or is that software only?
  7. Can you switch Xenons for driving in Europe?

I couldn't find any reference to this in the manual so wondered if it was possible to change the Xenons to dip right for driving in Europe. I know some high end BMWs have a lever to do this. I believe I should also have the cornering light facility disabled - anyone know how to do that? Is it...
  8. EXEO USB Port in glovebox?

Nath - I'm using a 16GB USB stick. No reason to believe you can't use a larger one but as you can't have more than 6 folders and there are no track names displayed I wouldn't bother having anything bigger unless you a) have a great memory for where tracks are on the stick or b) are happy to...
  9. Tramlining

Koops - That is exactly what happens to mine - it's a sudden movement that needs quick reactions to correct. Have you got Goodyear tyres? I'm beginning to think it could be something more serious, perhaps a problem with the assisted steering. No - it's always recommended to put new tyres on...
  10. Tramlining

I checked the tyre pressures last night and they were fine. It does seem to be made worse as the tyres wear even though they are not that near the legal limit. When I replaced the fronts a few months ago the problem seemed to be reduced but now it is getting worse again (N.B. I put the new tyres...
  11. Tramlining

Has anyone had a problem with tramlining and solved it? My Exeo tramlines quite badly. Its especially bad on the inside lane of the motorway where the lorry ruts are but it is enough to be annoying most of the time. I've had the tracking checked today and it was all within tolerance. Front...
  12. New Exeo Owner

At low speed, on full lock I get a juddering - I will report this at the next service.
  13. Model swop Leon FR - Exeo Sport

I went from a Leon FR TFSi to an Exeo 170 (SE Lux) and have not been disappointed. My average mpg over nearly 20k miles is about 40 but bear in mind several thousand of those were towing a racecar on a trailer (does about 33 mpg when towing) and my commute to work is only about 6 miles. For...
  14. Exeo 2.0TDi 170 "DPF"

I've done almost 20k miles in mine and the light has never come on. My commute to work is a short hop along the motorway and the car barely gets warm in that time.
  15. MPG of your EXeo

Exeo SE Lux 170CR Fuel Type: diesel BHP: 170 MPG Urban: ~35-40 MPG Long Run: ~45-50 MPG Towing my Caterham on a BJ Minno ~30-33 Overall average MPG to date (9000ish miles) ~40 Miles out of tank ~500
  16. Deposit's down on a new Exeo... couple of questions though

1) You can't switch from radio to CD. I don't think you can mute although the volume control is a wheel and you can easily drop the volume quickly - pressing it might mute. You can answer and hang up calls by pressing the volume wheel (it's a button too). You can scan tracks using the other...
  17. Exeo St

I've never got more than 50mpg even on a long run at 70mph. Most motorway trips are around 47-48 and my 6 mile commute varies between 30 and 40 mpg depending on how leaden my right foot is! As above - enthusiastic use of the throttle soon dents the figures and the 170PS engine does encourage...
  18. Grinding noise/judder when moving at full-lock

Mine does it too. At extreme steering lock the geometry goes to pot and the torque of the engine appears to overwhelm available grip. As someone on the Audi thread said, how much time do you spend driving at full lock? Sounds like there isn't a known cure so unless you want to get old and grey...
  19. Exeo - IPOD

No it doesn't show track names on the USB stick either. It's easy to move between tracks using the steering wheel controls but obviously you can't see the track titles - unless you have a great memory it's a bit rubbish. I have 6 "CDs" on the USB stick grouping albums by genre and then the...
  20. Exeo - IPOD

I was told that it doesn't show the track names on the screen - only the "CD number" (of which you can have 6) and the track number. This is because it connects to the CD changer input - this is one of the downsides of the Exeo being an older generation car. For this reason I didn't bother...