Search results

1. Traded her in!

Traded in the FR the other day so I'm out of the club!!! :( Take care all, safe motoring to you all and thanks so much for all of the assistance and good reads over the years!;)
  2. Dpf

Late getting to you, there is a chance it can go again, they only have a shelf life. You will know the DPF is trying to clear itself when you hear a puring bassy note coming from the exhaust or the car starts to high idle in traffic. To help it along give it a good blast in 4th gear at 2500 revs...
  3. Egr removal/delete

As buckshot said above I've not noticed a difference but it's peace of mind knowing it's one less thing that can go wrong.
  4. Altea Breaks Down Randomly

While I cannot help you with the technical trouble as I have a 2l TDI with a Manual I would recommend leaving it with the dealer you bought it with and let them sort it, from what I can gather there is a warranty? Why should you have to run around doing their work for them?? On the DSG Gear...
  5. High Idle and cooling fans running

Could be a DPF issue but I'm not sure the 1.9tdi has a DPF?
  6. Leon FR TDI Engine Cut Out HELP/ADVICE PLEASE

I think there was about 10 splined bolts and another 4 on the egr, I did mine in 2012 and nothing jumps out in my memory as being a mare when I did it.....just beware when you get in there it will like a jar of bovril **** itself, it's not a pretty thing to look into. You can get a manifold...
  7. Leon FR TDI Engine Cut Out HELP/ADVICE PLEASE

I think you need to pull the inlet manifold off and check the condition of the swirlflaps, they maybe showing up a function but my FR had similar oil weepage, I ignored it like a fool and then a swirlflap was injested into the engine. In there is probably caked in crud and it may need a clean...
  8. Might be a sill question

Will the seats front and back from a 2007 Leon FR go straight into an Altea FR? I have the Altea, seats are in bits and one of them is triggering an airbag light. Have an opportunity to pick up a set out of a crashed Leon that are very clean..... As mentioned maybe a silly question!! Apologies!
  9. Seats from a 2012 Leon FR to a 2007 Altea FR

Hi All, My seats in the Altea are in bits and I found a set out of a Leon but there is 5 years in the difference. Will the front and back seats from the 12 Leon go into an 07 Altea? Cheers!
  10. Air Bag light....

I have the same problem with my passenger seat and I'm scared sh1tless to mess with the wires underneath the seat in case I trigger and explosion!! Is there any chance I could set off the bags by cutting out the connector and joining the wires??
  11. Altea mods

I would love a set of twin exhausts for my FR but I cannot find the cutout for the lower part of the back bumper!! I wouldn't be arsed with a splitter as the speed ramps in Ireland vary in size. The FR bumper is nice but allow for the towing eye, on an FR this is located in behind a fog light...
  12. altea 170 bmn power issues

Have a check to see if the EGR is clogged and also get the inlet manifold checked as the hissing maybe a failing swirl flap. In there gets clogged with gunk and it causes the swirl flap motor to turn even though it's jammed thus breaking swirl flaps.
  13. altea 170 bmn power issues

Have you done all servicing? Were the injectors ever changed as part of the official recall? Have you done the fuel filter? A lot of the BMN engines suffer from a week seal on the tandem pump and this actually weeps oil back into the fuel system. While there is no long term harm being done...
  14. Altea Reference Sport suspension question

Funny, I had just brought up a spring thing in another thread labeled "Altea FR". I could be wrong but springs are done by tolerances and they are colour coded, look in over the front wheel and you will see dots of paint, this is the coding system adopted by VW. This is what determines what...
  15. altea fr

I've had this also and the worst part of it is I'm in Southern Ireland where there are only about three Altea FR's registered or so I've been told. Front left springs I don't think should be an issue as they are colour coded, look in over your wheel and you'll see splodges of colour and they...
  16. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

The best thing to do would be to get in touch with Seat with your VIN and see, if you bought the car second hand this may have been done already.....
  17. Altea - how old is yours, how many miles and...

2007 Altea FR TDI, 289,000kms Timing belt and water pump twice 120k+240k Pads and disks all round at 210k Injectors and loom under campaign at 200k DPF Delete and EGR bypass, swirl flaps in IL manifold blanked at in and around 210k DMF and Clutch 190k It all seemed to go wrong from...
  18. Tdi fr 170 white smoke on tickover

I think it's all down to timing, mine smoked like a ******* after a DPF delete and then when I had the belt and water pump done all the smoke stopped, it was a grayish white smoke. I still get this warm oily smell at the bottom of the windscreen and sometimes through the heating but with 170,000...
  19. MOT emission issue, revving engine on its own

Coolant level ok and are the fans kicking in?
  20. MOT emission issue, revving engine on its own

My understanding of Easy-Start is that engines almost get addicted to it. Fine if your trying to start an old tractor but not a modern car that you would like to get years out of it. I'd not use it. It nearly sounds like it's running away with out the explosion. Would it be a MAF problem?
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.