Search results

1. coolypops

1.9TDi (110) Cold Start Rough

There's a number of things it could be: 1. diesel that's not winterized- solution: go to a different garage for your diesel. 2. 1 or more glow plugs worn- solution: replace glow plug/glow plugs 3. starter motor tired- solution: wait until it gives up then get a new one 4. battery on its last...
  2. coolypops

50+ MPG....I can't get reach it!!!!

unfortunately only way to check temp sensor is to replace it...
  3. coolypops

50+ MPG....I can't get reach it!!!!

While every one else is telling you to change the MAF, this wouldn't be my first option... As a 100K+ milage diesel owner I'd be more inclined to give your air intake and EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) valve a good clean out first as if this hasn't been done over the life of the car it's more...
  4. coolypops

(maybe) a useful tip for a sticky turbo

+1 happy customer for this stuff. :D Car was running smooth before, running smoother now and seems less hesitant to move when I put the boot down. Going to run it through the car every 20 - 30k from now on. Cheers for the recommendation...
  5. coolypops

TDI boost gauge?

:lol: +1 for that
  6. coolypops

I wont get limp mode if I disconnect the sensor...
  7. coolypops

Cheers. Think I'll just pull the pipe off to do it though, seems like less hassle...;)
  8. coolypops

When you used this, did you just disconnect the air box and spray it down the pipe or where did you put it in?
  9. coolypops

I need Help

I take it you meant, can you fold in the mirrors? If so yes they just feel a bit stiff...
  10. coolypops

Cordoba Seat Issue

+1 m1keh and I'm not sure exactly where the master cylinder is on that model, but if you've got a hydraulic clutch it's there. Track the hydraulic fluid line back from the slave cylinder on the gearbox...
  11. coolypops

110bhp tdi going into limp home mode/ losing all boost?

The 110 does have VNT turbo which will stick if you keep driving it easy. The reason turning the car off then on seems to fix the problem is that when the ECU picks up on the turbo over boosting it sets the car into "limp mode" to protect itself. "Limp mode" is actually a factory preset...
  12. coolypops

Airbox annoying Noise

Put a cable tie around it... ;)
  13. coolypops

TDi cold rattle- exhaust?

God that was hard to read. Try using the return key... :D What colour is the puff of smoke and have you popped the bonnet and had someone else start it so you could check where it was coming from?
  14. coolypops

Starting problems when warm - pd150

Check if any of the starter bolts or gear box bolts are loose/ringed as if this is the case the heat of the engine may be warping the starter out of place causing it to not engage. I know its highly unlikely but it's worth the check...
  15. coolypops

Filling up mk1 leon cupra tdi

When you put the nozzle in the filler neck pull it back out to about halfway then pump it. God that sounds so filthy... :D
  16. coolypops

High Revs After Warm Start

odd ball starting when warm would point to a faulty coolant temperature sensor alright although I haven't heard of a dash light flashing due to this... as MJ said get it on a diagnostics and get a fault code readout. (coolant temperature sensor sometimes won't give a fault but if you're...
  17. coolypops

50 Km/h, 2,000 RPM stumbling

not 100% up to speed with this engine but sounds like a fueling issue... I know this might sound stupid but is your air filter semi-blocked?
  18. coolypops

Cordoba light tinting

another coat should darken them up and just spray clear lacquer over it to get rid of the matte look
  19. coolypops

50 Km/h, 2,000 RPM stumbling

does it only happen around 2000rpm or is it at higher revs aswel?
  20. coolypops

Shell FuelSave Diesel

It's true that there will be bio in any diesel you buy but the amount varies. Supermarket fuels tend to be "stretched". As in they have a greater bio content. It's like the way fast food places fill your cup up with ice before putting the coke in, so it seems as though your getting a huge coke...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.