Search results

1. Rusty front arches

A friend who has a TDi hasn't had any problems at all (04 plate) but talking to someone at work today about it and a friend of his has a petrol FR and his rear arches are in a bad way, fronts are ok though.
  2. Flat blade wipers + mats

lol guys they're just wipers...i forked out £25+ when the flat blade Bosch were first available in the 'Hook' design and also spent quite abit on the Valeo alternative and both never lasted any longer than say 1.5yrs before they became noisy etc. I think it was the Valeo one's that had the...
  3. Rusty front arches

And another one here :wave: 04 FR TDi drivers wing starting to bubble & also drivers rear lower quarter panel has had a small bubble since last yr & while im on the subject the paint has started to flake off on both wings where they meet the A pillar.
  4. Flat blade wipers + mats

Been using the cheap ones for 8months now and they are perfect, so i suspect the ones you got were crap
  5. Flat blade wipers + mats

Waste of time spending silly money on blades, i've been there done that and these are just as good as overpriced Bosch etc...
  6. What New Tyres 1.9 TDI FR

Matador MP 46 Hectorra 2, great tyres for the money
  7. squeak when turning FR TDI??

Had similar on mine but mine was when i turned to the right, Squealed whilst driving & squeaked when i got out the car. All that was needed was to clean the edges around the discs...problem solved.
  8. Road tax

Same problem with my FR, 1st registered Dec 04 so should be 139 according to every site but logbook says 143. I did actually send an email afew years back to DVLA about it but they said i need to get in contact with Seat blah blah blah to confirm the correct details then get back to them with...
  9. Squeaking noise!

Had the same m8, to cut a long a long story short...my car went in for a new osf wheel bearing but they decided not to fit a new one and took the disc off pads out etc instead, and its been nearly 2wks and there hasn't been any noise since...
  10. Chirp/squeal noise at speed from front left...

Just a quick update: car went in for a new osf wheel bearing but they decided not to fit a new one and took the disc off pads out etc instead, and its been nearly 2wks and there hasn't been any noise since so :clap:
  11. Chirp/squeal noise at speed from front left...

Not with mine no, mine's been squealing like a pig again but i'm in no mood to chuck anymore money at my car to find the fault at the mo.
  12. Chirp/squeal noise at speed from front left...

Well got the car back and the noise is still there, which i expected to be honest as nothing is ever that simple. I'm now leaning towards it being the bearing but again still guessing as there's no play in it so they say so it's going to be a mindless process of elimination...BUT it can bloody...
  13. Chirp/squeal noise at speed from front left...

Not 100% sure m8, its all b*****ks to me :D i will look at the bill and post back after ive picked myself up off the floor :happy:
  14. Chirp/squeal noise at speed from front left...

Right, according to them its a small metal sleeve/ring? that sits between the gaiter & the hub? or something like that :shrug: that has split and has expanded, only costs like 90p (and an hours labour probably lol) which is causing the noise. The bad news for me is my aircon unit might...
  15. Chirp/squeal noise at speed from front left...

Mines in the garage today for the exact same thing, Mines coming from drivers front but i can't always get it to do it when driving forward but when it does its when im slightly steering to the right but like you lot a quick dab of the brakes stops it or steering back to the left. Also on mine...
  16. Ibiza fr tdi mpg

I'm getting roughly 300 if not more from £40 @ 137.9 which equals 47.02mpg. My trip 2 is saying 49.6mpg over the last 900miles, not bad i suppose for short 2x4mile trips to work & back.
  17. best colour for a mk4??

Platinum Grey [B)]
  18. Dreaded MOT time

So get an advisory for not having them fitted and also get an advisory if you do have them fitted :3rd:
  19. Dreaded MOT time

Mine just got 2 advisories...not for a lack of an engine cover or undertray but for the fact i had both fitted as they were obscuring some components :blink: So am i supposed to remove both for the mot next year then:ban::happy:
  20. Who do you insure your FR with?

That's what i want to pay but could only get it for just over £300 with Sainsbury's (im over 40 as well) The good old postcode insurance lottery strikes again :cry:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.