Search results

1. Wash It!

Xenon help!

As well as just plainly looking at the headlights externally, see if you can get a look at the instrument lighting dimmer wheel inside the cockpit. On cars with standard headlights you'll see the headlight beam height adjuster next to the dimmer wheel. On cars fitted with bi-xenons there isn't...
  2. Wash It!

best wipers for the facelift arms

I replace mine every year just after the Winter on my '08 1.9TDi. I just get mine from SEAT, they're not that expensive really and easily last the 12 months I keep them on for.
  3. Wash It!

need help diagnosing a problem!

What's your engine code? There is a known stutter on some PD130 engines with the BLT engine code, it's cured by fitting an updated EGR valve gasket. Here are some useful links: http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=343877&highlight=BLT+stutter...
  4. Wash It!

Funny after starting

The easiest way to diagnose that fault - Is the battery light illuminated when you switch the ignition on? If not, then this is what you'll need to do: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=209472 Fiddly but not too difficult.
  5. Wash It!

Locked out of my boot yet again ! But now fixed with pictures. Now 2012 update

You could just fit something like a mini tow strap. In fact having seen it on Top Gear, if I remember rightly the Ford Mustang has a boot release tab inside. It has an excellent pic on it of someone literally jumping out of the boot to escape! Fitting one of those to your release rod could...
  6. Wash It!

Please help, vibration is driving me mad!!!!!

I had those Turanza's (205/45/16) on my car up until 51,000 miles and the road noise was dreadful but their lifespan was quite acceptable. I've been on Pzero Nero's for the last 26,000 miles and they're better but still not that quiet.
  7. Wash It!

Diesel Owners

It'd never crossed my mind to do that actually. Looks like I've got something to look forward to at the petrol station now! My 3 litres is quite a pitiful amount then it'd seem? How much extra can you squeeze in venting properly?
  8. Wash It!

Diesel Owners

It allows you to fill up a full 45 litres in the tank plus an extra (roughly, in my experience) 3 litres into the expansion 'tank'. It's something I do religiously as I crawl along the motorway everyday doing a 104 mile round trip for work. The lack of expansion area for the fuel isn't a...
  9. Wash It!

Diesel Owners

PD100 vented and the best I've had is 620 miles.
  10. Wash It!

Advice - When's my cambelt due?

Haha, and here I was hoping to mop up some of the confusion! Mine is just coming up to 4 years young so I can't escape the issue for much longer anyway.
  11. Wash It!

Advice - When's my cambelt due?

There have been a few threads popping up recently about cambelt replacement intervals and there have been many different answers popping up. I contacted SEAT about my Ibiza to check if the interval as stated in my service book is still current, they seem to like to review these every so...
  12. Wash It!

1P Leon FR DSG

Looks great so far, looking forward to the pics when it's on the new springs. Have a look over in the Leon Mk2 forum for some advice on the springs and spacers, I'm sure there's a lot of info in the that'll be useful to you: http://seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136 :)
  13. Wash It!

4937Liam - FR+ Cupra TDi (Lots and lots of updates 11/08/2013)

Lovely looking Leon, the paintwork is in excellent condition and your engine bay is really smart :)
  14. Wash It!

Is this is a good cost for a 'major' service?

Ah fair enough, I'll have to take a look around on there and see. Mine is a 2008/08 thankfully. I emailed Seat on Friday to clarify when mine is actually due as they seem keen on changing the intervals fairly frequently! My books states 80,000 miles with no time constraints - Will be...
  15. Wash It!

The NEW SEAT IBIZA - Dynamic and Innovative

Well I can't argue with that! :p
  16. Wash It!

The NEW SEAT IBIZA - Dynamic and Innovative

The running gear of the new Ibiza boasts an extremely sophisticated layout that has been carefully fine tuned, giving the compact model handling characteristics that are as sporty as they are safe. I'm hopeful this means some independent rear suspension is on the way!? I like the new front...
  17. Wash It!

That's very well priced, if only you weren't so far away!
  18. Wash It!

Very interested in this, my PD100 is due the cambelt in 3500 miles. Where did you get this info from? :)
  19. Wash It!

Happy xmas

A belated merry Christmas and an Olympic new year! Drive safe out there :)
  20. Wash It!

Rear Bumper Upgrade

The bumpers across all the Mk4 models are interchangeable and will require no mods to fit. As it's a 1.2 I'd guess the only difference you'd see is the exhaust tip appearing quite recessed within the exhaust outlet of the bumper. You could live with it or just change your back box to...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise