Search results

1. boomhauwer

rear drivers wheel bearing ?

jack the wheel up and wiggle your wheel. If you have play, change the bearing.
  2. boomhauwer

Still don't know if my timing belt is due!

what engine?what enginecode? for example: the 1.4tdi has several codes, for the BMS code the belt is due at 150000km (or aprox. 95k miles) but an other code for the same engine (AMB I think??) is 90000km... so what code is your engine? You can find the code on the black cover of your cambelt...
  3. boomhauwer

drum brakes seized up

had another question at what torque should the center nut be tightened? what to do when you don't get drum of, I got the center nut loose, and I could move the drum a little bit, but didn't got it of. what to do?
  4. boomhauwer

drum brakes seized up

that's not my car in the pic, that is a old 2CV from citroen. just used the pic for example
  5. boomhauwer

drum brakes seized up

for what do you use the copperslip (is it grease you mean? sorry, English is not my motherlanguage) do you mean something like this: I will have a check as soon as possible! thanks for the advice, sorry for the typos! ;)
  6. boomhauwer

drum brakes seized up

hello, had a little problem earlier this evening, my rear right drum made a squeeky sound so I jacked up the car and you could hardly rotate the wheel. took the wheel of, took the boltcap of (just didn't had a 12 sided nut to go over it... darn or else I could take the drum of as well...) but...
  7. boomhauwer

windscreen wipers going really slow

or it pops, or it doesn't... there is no such thing of fuse near to pop...
  8. boomhauwer

durability 1.4tdi

thanks, A guy from work have leon 1 (1.9tdi) with +190000miles and starts to give away... then they turned to me and said my tiny 3 cilinder would not last the 120000mile mark...them assholes :D
  9. boomhauwer

durability 1.4tdi

hello, I was wondering how many miles you can drive with the 1.4tdi engine... I have now 75000miles on it and I wish i could run it another 3 to 4 years running an average of 25000miles a year. the car is well maintenanced, always heated up properly, no overload on the engine, etc...
  10. boomhauwer

Oil light

there are not many cars with a oil level indicator...there are many cars with a oil presure indicator...so is your ibiza. stupid, I know...
  11. boomhauwer

new tyres

uniroyals suck...I got continental sportcontact3 now! difference with the uniroyals is enormous!
  12. boomhauwer

left rear wheel bearing

ok, great help! I will order the bearing/hub assembly today.
  13. boomhauwer

left rear wheel bearing

thanks, I have drums as well in the back, so it should be the same! is there no need to take the drum of?
  14. boomhauwer

left rear wheel bearing

hi all, I've got a problem with my left rear wheel bearing, It makes a grinding noise (not constantly) when turning right. I suspect it is the bearing. I jacked up my car yesterday and the wheel doesn't turn smooth all the way. At one point it has a bit of resistance. My question is: how...
  15. boomhauwer

Broken fog light

indeed, the whole unit, replaced mine couple months back...132€...FOR ONE SIDE!
  16. boomhauwer

LED sidelight bulbs

I had white ones, they look stupid, replaced them back with the original ones.and they kept falling out all the time
  17. boomhauwer

I pod

that looks like the thing i need! thanks!
  18. boomhauwer

I pod

hey, Is there any way I can control my ipod from the steering wheel? I know it doesn't work with AUX input . Is there a cable I can buy to connect somewhere on the alana unit? I don't know... (It's an ipod touch)
  19. boomhauwer

help on tyre size/stretching.

I have 195/45/16 on my alloys, no problems what so ever...
  20. boomhauwer

Rear suspension noise?!

the same here, I'm suspecting it's the linkage of the rear suspension that needs some grease... another weird sound is , when the car is covered in ice, it starts to make creapy noises when it melts...weird ibizas...I don't think the spanish engineers tested the car below +15°c...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.