Search results

1. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

After some strategic pouring I've isolated the root cause to be the weld at the bottom of the hinge compartment on the body. Sealed with silicon and will test again tomorrow. If that doesn't work I'll break out the blackwitch neoprene glue! Thanks everyone for your ideas and help.
  2. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Couple of pics of the offending areas: How do the plastic rivets come out? I've broken one so far. Running water over the roof and it comes dripping from this weld. Would I be right in assuming no water should get in here and that its best to seal up the inside of the hinge compartment...
  3. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Thanks Lee will take a look at those trims where the boot connects to the body and see if there are any gaps. Strangely my boot is dry unlike everyone else's
  4. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Hey all, Roof lining is down now and it's not the aerial base, it's clean. However I can now see where water appears to be coming from in a seam in the corner of the roof, it then runs down the inside of the rear C pillar (dirty drip marks) and onto the inside lip of the wheel arch, then...
  5. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Hey all, Read through 90% of this thread and realised I had 4 leaking door inner panels. Purchased the butyl strip from ebay and got my mechaninc to do all four doors at once. Spent two days with a little fan heater and large conventional fan drying out the lifted carpets. All seemed to be...
  6. FR+ TDI PD150 intercooler alloy connector dimensions

Think I might need to get under there tonight with a measure and get my hands dirty...!
  7. FR+ TDI PD150 intercooler alloy connector dimensions

Finally I can post images... http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/userfiles/images/sys/products/Alloy_Bayonet_Style_Hose_Coupler_36434.jpeg shows the table
  8. FR+ TDI PD150 intercooler alloy connector dimensions

Right, I see, just confused if the internal diameter is 63.5mm then that doesn't match the o-ring size of 61.5mm?
  9. FR+ TDI PD150 intercooler alloy connector dimensions

Thanks Al, So you used type C 68.3mm x 63.5mm on your TDi at the intercooler? As I understand it the o-ring seals are 61.5mm did you have to stretch them to fit? Cheers, Phil.
  10. Rear Drivers Caliper Help

Had the same problem with mine recently, replaced at CamSpec £160 total price on a FR+ TDi 150
  11. FR+ TDI PD150 intercooler alloy connector dimensions

Hi all, Just had the Leon (Standard FR+ TDi 150 ARL) serviced by a local technician rather than the local dealer who has done a cracking job at a very reasonable price, whilst doing so he pointed out some of the areas where the car needs some work: Pancake pipe (1J0145762BF) is damaged at the...
  12. Bigger Brakes - Front & Rear ?

Thanks Sean, Is that because they have some sort of thread lock material around the bolt that holds the carrier in place?
  13. Bigger Brakes - Front & Rear ?

Sorry to ressurect an old thread but about to do the above upgrade path on the brakes on my '55 FR TDi, 288mm => 312mm as discs need replacing. I understand that the carriers need replacing, is this because the calipers need to be spaced further from the wider discs? Do the carriers use the...
  14. Pothole Damage

Sorry to hear that mate, just been hobbled by a massive pothole on Rook Lane in Surrey. I'm in the same boat as you, alloy dented and will have to be replaced, tyre wall on mine is defo damaged and has a slight bubble. I've taken photos like yours, this beast of a pit is 70cm+long x 42cm wide...
  15. REVO or CUSTOM CODE?

Been considering this myself for a while, I got the impression from other peoples comments that the CC map is a little smoother and not so aggressive. CC were doing a discount not long ago but not sure if that thread is still running on here?
  16. fr tdi - odd noise the last few days

Had the same droning on my 55 FR TDi, replaced tyres and it's gone now.
  17. Clutch Slip after remap

Not sure if this is true but I'd heard that just the friction plate is required not a complete clutch upgrade, anyone know if this is right?
  18. poll for leon colour - what you got

First LC (01) was black, new FR (55) is platinum grey, I do like the platinum grey but there's something about glossy black I miss... That said the platinum hides so much dirt I think it's made me lazy.
  19. Which alloys to go for!!

Great site vee, wish I hadn't found this thread, my 17's are looking dull now...mihgt have to upgrade
  20. Standard Discs/Pads

Got to say I agree with wayne, just make sure you have some extra brake fluid handy and drain some off before squeezing the pots back into the calipers else it makes an awful mess in the engine bay! There's a guide on here somewhere.