Search results

1. BrettBlade

Retrofit Boot Light and Glovebox Light

I’ve got the boot light parts (replacement panel and bulb holder with bulb) for sale if that interests you? Not had my 6L for ages now and they’re still in the garage.
  2. BrettBlade

Vent Pod for Boost Gauge

Do you have a link or any more info? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. BrettBlade

Vent Pod for Boost Gauge

Do you make these to order lol?! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. BrettBlade

Quik question

Just for reference, M8 is for the door lock module bolts, and M16 tamperproof is for some gearbox drain plugs.
  5. BrettBlade

Random bing noise!? Help!

The ping is usually when the outside temperature drops to 4 degrees or below as Chris says. If the engine management light is on, then there is a problem somewhere. Airbag faults sounds like a loose wire or dodgy connection, you should get more clues from a proper diagnostic scan.
  6. BrettBlade

Mk4 Ibiza Fuse Layout (Dash and Battery)

Badger, Any idea whether there was a fuse for folding mirrors prior to May 2005? And in fact, do you know anything about retrofitting the folding mirrors? Thanks Brett
  7. BrettBlade

What can I do to make my seat ibiza 1.2 mk4 sound louder ?

Wouldn't bother, you'll lower the value of your car, increase your insurance if you declare it, probably invalidate it if not. Just save up. We've all been there (presumably you're 17 looking at your username!).
  8. BrettBlade

Speaker wiring help!!

The tweeter is wired in separately I think, it plugs in near to where the electric mirror control and door lock button is.
  9. BrettBlade

Altea Freetrack 4 2.0 TSi

Should hopefully put just as much of a smile on your face as the LC! I saw your for sale just recently, the car looked fantastic and someone has had a bargain!
  10. BrettBlade

Seatsport intercooler fitting

Sere Motors, a Seat (and others) dealership in NI. Forum sponsor, great place to buy from.
  11. BrettBlade

new

Forget pictures for now, let's hear your engine spec!
  12. BrettBlade

Clutch slip 3rd 4th 5th & 6th!!

Did that include CSC?
  13. BrettBlade

Whine/whir when opening drivers' side door

When you open the door it will be the fuel pump, and when you switch the car off it's probably the vacuum box.
  14. BrettBlade

Locking, and MPG issue

Sounds like you need a door lock mechanism. Generic part on eBay is about £40, genuine one about £120 IIRC. It is a job that's possible to do at home if you have the tools and know how, quite fiddly but not overly difficult. A faulty temp sensor is a common fault and can also cause bad MPG...
  15. BrettBlade

Clutch slip 3rd 4th 5th & 6th!!

I was looking at Techniclutch also, but an hour of googling told me to stay well away.
  16. BrettBlade

Where can I get a sports grille for my mk4 seat ibiza 1.2 ?

Just google for a debadged grille then, sure you'll find somewhere selling them.
  17. BrettBlade

Where can I get a sports grille for my mk4 seat ibiza 1.2 ?

When you say it doesn't have a badge, do you mean the "S"? If so, you can buy a replacement grille on eBay for about £15 or so.
  18. BrettBlade

New clutch, should I lighten and balance the flywheel??

No, you'll affect all sorts of the things and the results probably won't be great. I wouldn't really recommend lightening the flywheel on the TDI anyway.
  19. BrettBlade

It won't be as long lasting, in theory, but in practice if your driving style isn't "drive it like you stole it", you'll be fine. My standard DMF is just about packing in at 110k, 40k of those remapped. I'm fitting the Sachs OEM equivalent DMF and would expect to see another 100k out of it...
  20. BrettBlade

Having looked into this very recently, unless you fancy spending £1000+ including fitting, then no it's not. (I'm referring to clutch and flywheel options, you can buy an uprated clutch alone for less money).