Search results

1. Anti roll bars

Bigger on the rear will make more difference on a front wheel drive car. But don't forget you have nothing on the rear at the moment, only the front is standard. Personally I'd recommend an adjustable one, it's nice to adjust it to your own preference.
  2. Heater matrix leaking inside the car.. help :(

I do remember when I was doing the same on my old Mark 2 Golf, I got to the point where I'd unbolted everything but it still didn't move. Turned out the pipes themselves were secure and solid enough to stop it moving, and just releasing them allowed the matrix to come out. You've not mentioned...
  3. Fuel dial behaviour / fuel usage

On my Toledo (older car but possibly the same fuel calc) I can drive 50 miles to work at a steady rate and the miles left doesn't change. Or I can do five miles to the supermarket and lose 20 miles off my range. And then on the way back my range will actually go back up! It's also next to...
  4. Wheels respray - Epic or Sh**e?

The less said about the yellow the better... the red makes the wheels look small and the tyres look like you're running a 200 profile! The red might work in the negative, IE black spokes and red wheel? And I've just noticed Ravi beat me to that one!
  5. heated rear windscreen

Same stuff is half price on ebay, search for silver conductive paint. It works fine, it wont demist where the actual fix is but it will let the rest of the strip work fine.
  6. Heater matrix leaking inside the car.. help :(

See if you can get a picture of the parts on one of the online parts catalogues. It won't show you how it's fixed into the car, but it will show you what fixing you're looking for.
  7. Heaters making a horrible noise

I absolutely agree with you that it needs a/c to get the temperature below outside ambient temperature, so yes there is a link between them. And if you press the 'auto' button, then yes they both run to get you the temperature you want by whatever method it needs. But they do run independently...
  8. Heaters making a horrible noise

Nope, not the case, they are two different things. Its perfectly possible to have the temperature and airflow regulated by the climate control, but with the air conditioning completely off and the pump not running (a check under the bonnet will prove that). Alternatively, you can switch to...
  9. Fixed door seals and pollen filter but still water coming in

I dont think anyone has a tried and trusted method! Basically if you visualise the cover when its off the car, it has to stay the same shape when its on the car. The skirts need to go round the housing with no creases or getting caught on the housing, basically hang straight down. So when water...
  10. Heaters making a horrible noise

It's probably thinking 'this setting isn't doing it's job so I'll use the next setting'. The climate control can operate separately to the air con though, I frequently run climate control to set the temperature but switch off the air con to save fuel.
  11. Front suspension noice!!!

Could be any one of a number of reasons. Over compressed when fitted, cheap springs, manufacturing defect, binding top mount not allowing the spring to turn with the strut, etc. If you hit a pot hole hard enough to break a spring, you're likely going to damage a lot more. As I mentioned, I...
  12. Name that sound...

The slight delay between startup and noise suggests air con compressor. Its intermittent at the moment because it wont come on if its too cold. It doesnt sound healthy.
  13. Audio Screech

I think you'll also need to earth the alternator, otherwise that'll still be floating. And obviously the battery earth needs to be sound.
  14. Audio Screech

Sounds reasonable, certainly in my case with the engine off it was perfect.
  15. Clutch pedal problem

Ah, I see what you mean now. I have to admit I'm not sure whether the biting point would change, with older cable operated clutches it did used to get higher and higher but I think hydraulic clutches have an element of self adjustment. A bit like the brake pads wearing don't affect the brake...
  16. Rust already.

I know Ibiza's have spots where rust commonly takes hold, but this is probably the first Leon I've seen rust on, outside of crash damaged cars. Although even then my car has got a nice scar down the side of it and there is still no sign of rust!
  17. Fixed door seals and pollen filter but still water coming in

I was about to ask whether you'd dried the underlay, but if the mats are wetter than the carpet then its not that. From other posts i believe there is a wiring grommet on the drivers side that can also leak. Read the main 'leak in footwell' post for info, its not a difficult one.
  18. Fixed door seals and pollen filter but still water coming in

You sure its not just leftover from when you had the door leak? It can take a while to fully dry out.
  19. SEAT Leon 2.8 V6 4 Cupra

And the fact you'll own one of probably about half a dozen examples in the whole of England... and be able to confuse the hell out of the SEAT dealer when you take it for servicing! :D
  20. Audio Screech

Take a look at the following post, it might be of help; http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=283987 There used to be a groundingkits.co.uk, but while the website still works it is completely empty. There's also a few Ebay bits and bobs. I can't find any pictures though. I think...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members