Search results

1. KFC91

My mk5 Ibiza FR

Haven't been on here in a while...but I have actually just changed my car. Got a new car last weekend. Mainly to 'try' and save a bit of fuel. Was very sad to see the Ibiza go but this is what I have gone with... Its a 60 reg 2.0TDI S-tronic start/stop So far so good... :)
  2. KFC91

Oil consumption - 2009 FR

Can I get that done at any garage?
  3. KFC91

Coolant leak FR TDi - Warranty job

My FR 1.4 TSI had a hole in the water pump...got it sorted under warranty. In my case, no gradual problem, left work one night and by the time I got home my car was making a horrendous noise (water going onto the belt) and it was steaming...not fun!!
  4. KFC91

Oil consumption - 2009 FR

So, as a female I am guilty of not regularly checking my oil. Today my mum was away with my car and the oil light came on. My dad checked the oil about 10 minutes after she was home, on a flat bit of road. Nothing on the dipstick at all. This happened last time as well. So we have now filled it...
  5. KFC91

My mk5 Ibiza FR

Standard exhaust :)
  6. KFC91

Adjust wipers

I didn't cause it myself though...mark was there when I bought the car.
  7. KFC91

Adjust wipers

So why does the other one not do it? :S I thought i read somewhere that all seats have a lifetime bodywork warranty...no?
  8. KFC91

My mk5 Ibiza FR

Got my alloys back on last weekend...little bit disappointed that we got barely no snow this winter, I was really looking forward to trying out the DSG!
  9. KFC91

Adjust wipers

Hi Guys, I have noticed that one of my wipers, when you lift it up (say to wash the car) is so close to the bonnet that it has rubbed my paintwork off. Admittedly I haven't done anything about this for a while and I was planning on mentioning it to the garage when it goes in for its service...
  10. KFC91

My mk5 Ibiza FR

Oh and the MK5 doesn't have a temp sensor or a gauge...DOH
  11. KFC91

My mk5 Ibiza FR

Got my car back last Thursday night which was a massive relief because I work in the countryside where public transport is rare! Got the water pump replaced along with my boot handle which was apparently broken (not when it went into the garage). It's running like new, sounds a lot healthier...
  12. KFC91

My mk5 Ibiza FR

latest update is on a sad note today. It would appear I have suffered the disadvantage of not having a temperature gauge in my car as on Thursday I came home from work to discover I had steam coming from the engine and no coolant. AA have been out and suspect my car has a faulty water pump and...
  13. KFC91

My mk5 Ibiza FR

Car is still under warranty so didn't want to put hids on until it was older. Although if these bulbs do prove to be as good as they claim, especially on the dark twisty country roads I take to work they will be kept :)
  14. KFC91

My mk5 Ibiza FR

Got my winter wheels on yesterday: + got these: http://www.autosave-scotland.co.uk/product/RING_XENON_ULTIMA_HEADLAMP_BULBS_H7_PAIR_120_BRIGHTER_7040_190_0_0.html Saw a good improvement but still feel I need my lights adjusted as they are so low!
  15. KFC91

My mk5 Ibiza FR

Sorry folks not been on in a while....been a bit pre occupied see link :D http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3625097#post3625097
  16. KFC91

Winter tyres - help?!

I had a full set of tyres last year, work out in the countryside when there were days where only 4x4's were advised to drive on the roads I was out there in my good little beezer! going to miss that car this year lol. But thanks for the link im gonna order soon! :)
  17. KFC91

Winter tyres - help?!

They fit my car yeah? Getting the tyres isn't a problem for me just don't know what would fit wheel wise. I think (hope) if i pop my car into 'manual' when the snow starts I should be alright
  18. KFC91

Winter tyres - help?!

Hey folks, sorry to bring up the dreaded W word so early in the year but I live in Scotland where we need to be prepared. Last year I had my mk4 ibiza 1.2 with winter tyres on my little steelies! This year i have a dsg fr and I need to think about how I'm going to get out to my work, which is in...
  19. KFC91

What Car did you drive before the Mk5?

from this: to this :D:
  20. KFC91

Cut down plate on a cupra?

I have on my fr: