Search results

1. tufftybloke

Audi S3 GT3582R stroker Build (previously GT3071r)

Here you go... start from here lol http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234021&page=46 I have stopped astrophotography for a while as the sun is too high (actually not astronomically dark now for the next month) and have moved onto to splash/drip photography.. Couple of test...
  2. tufftybloke

Sure thing dude.... Light pollution is pretty bad round here too... planning to go to Brecon Beacons to grab some milkyway shots but while its easy to plan the right nights to go when it will be visible at the right times you cannot predict the weather... which is normally absolute rubbish...
  3. tufftybloke

Yeah, panoramic shots of the night sky is the plan... I have done landscape pano's before but been getting into astrophotography a bit recently.. Here are a couple of mine... ...and a couple of the moon of course.... ..and to finish off, one of the sun...
  4. tufftybloke

Went to start the car last week only to find she was running on three cylinders so switched off and took the A2 instead.... Managed to get a look later in the week and found that the unspacer on injector one had pitched over. and was leaking fuel.. I do run up to 6bar of fuel pressure under...
  5. tufftybloke

https://www.jetex.co.uk/website/conefilters.php?insided=100mm FR-10004 :) <tuffty/>
  6. tufftybloke

Thanks all... appreciated :) So as is the way of these things.... no updates for ages followed by a random update with nothing much to update with and then my fans stop working so here is an update :) This has happened before and I managed to clean it up ok but its a common issue and...
  7. tufftybloke

Little update... Final piece of my OEM ++ obsession with the engine bay has been sorted... charge pipe stickers to match the OEM charge pipe :) Just to add a little context, here is a pic of my engine bay when I first bought the car compared to now.. ...and to finish off, a subtle little...
  8. tufftybloke

Finished painting the inlet and charge pipe... tbh I am not massively happy... they have both had a few layers of paint since I made them and realistically they both need taking back to metal and starting again... They will do for now though... next time I will just get them powder coated along...
  9. tufftybloke

The state of my inlet manifold has been bugging me fr a while..... The charge pipe wasn't much better... this is what happens if you rush fitting before the paint has had a few days to harden... ...so off they came... ...out with the paint :D ...and off with the paint... Bit of etch...
  10. tufftybloke

Todays task... ...well... some of it at least... not doing the rear wheel bearings yet as they need a special tool to do on the car else it means removing them and I don't really want to do that right now... So... needed to remove the uprights to press in the new bearings... Was just as...
  11. tufftybloke

Got around to a couple of jobs I have been meaning to do for a while... Sorted out my spare ECU with a little paint job... Always quite liked the colour of the UPOL etch primer I use so I thought I would just use this as a base colour for a change... stuck a Badger 5 Inside sticker on...
  12. tufftybloke

Have some time off work so had a crack at the ABS sensor.. Removed the disc to gain a bit of access to the front of the sensor which is mostly masked by the reluctor ring... Removed the securing bolt and the funky cable guide jobber... I first knocked the securing tab round a bit and it...
  13. tufftybloke

I haven't yet... tbh the pump feels fine and its still entirely plausible the thing is actually fine and its the oil thats actually making the improvement... it blo*dy well should be to be fair at 11 quid a litre lol In other news I have bought new ABS sensors and new wheel bearings... test...
  14. tufftybloke

Not tried changing the plugs... will sort the ABS sensor issue first and go from there <tuffty/>
  15. tufftybloke

Tip issue

Fabricate one dude... thats what Bill did to a few that have come through the workshop... the TIP's that were on the cars were just hacked about standard silicon ones anyway so making one up from 76mm alloy and silicon bends will be a massive improvement <tuffty/>
  16. tufftybloke

Small update... since fitting oil pressure and oil temp sensors to work with FIS control I have had a little concern over the oil pressure on idle... occasionally I have had the three beeps of death but checking oil level, temp and pressure there is nothing to suggest a problem other than maybe...
  17. tufftybloke

Place called Aalco.... Boxes are from Pipewerx <tuffty/>
  18. tufftybloke

A little more info about the controller... thought it would be useful to keep it all in context... these images were taken from the HPA's functions pdf... The blurb on what the modes are... I quite like the idea of the dynamic mode... running on economy then having it switch to sport or comp...
  19. tufftybloke

I believe it takes the same signals from the various sensors/inputs the normal haldex uses then spoofs the haldex into reacting according to the selected mode... It will also remain engaged under braking so adds drag like a torsion system aiding braking effort Need to drive the car about...
  20. tufftybloke

So... got home from work... nobody home soooooooo... To fit the HPA controller you need to feed the cable though here... Then unplug the haldex cable at the back of the diff Plugged the HPA lead in and cable tied up out the way... Cut the grommet to feed the cable through... cable...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.