Search results

1. AlexGSi2000

LCR Common Issues?

Completely missed this! Oops - thanks for the link.
  2. AlexGSi2000

LCR Common Issues?

Morning all, After some buyers advice, im making a return to the Seat scene after 3 years. My girlfriend is "finally" looking at selling her MG ZR (yes, I have done the head-gasket), we have set a target of March next year to start looking, as it will give us a chance to save a little in...
  3. AlexGSi2000

New guy from Donny

The 80 looks amazing!
  4. AlexGSi2000

Car won't start.

Try a different battery - dead batteries can still show 12v (fooling chargers.etc) but will have no current behind them, which wont have the power to crank the engine. The clicking is the starter motor solenoid, the battery will have enough power to engage the solenoid but not actually spin...
  5. AlexGSi2000

Awesome Oil Deal to be Had !!!!!

Hmm, wonder how good the "Triple QX" oil actually is?
  6. AlexGSi2000

Magnetic Oil Sump Plugs

I have used them for the past 5 or so years. Just keeps the oil slightly cleaner I guess, I used to do 5,000 oil changes on my Ibiza. After an oil change it looked like there wasn't much stuck to it, but you could see when wiping.
  7. AlexGSi2000

Top Gear Featured Cupra R!

Found this Cupra R on ebay - has some history behind it.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-SEAT-IBIZA-20VT-CUPRA-R-RED-/261113270857?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3ccb905249 Was the one driven by VBH in this review; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnXEEvLjO4k
  8. AlexGSi2000

Weitec adjuster nut

Awesome GTi are a supplier of Weitec and are usually quite good of getting hold of spare parts. Bare in mind when tightening in the future they need to be just snug and not tight.
  9. AlexGSi2000

Longest mk3 ownership

Wow, that's a long time - I get bored after a year!
  10. AlexGSi2000

k03s problem

Im pretty sure the bent blades will effect the balancing of the turbo. It will get worse, but I think you run the risk of having your turbo destroy itself and spitting the parts into your engine.
  11. AlexGSi2000

AlexGSi's A4 Avant

Abit of an update from the past few months, some good, some bad! Since my last post the exhaust has been done, this comprises of a single 3" pipe from the turbo which splits into 2x 2.5" pipes at the middle then into two back-boxes. It sounds lovely, not too loud and sounds quite good being a...
  12. AlexGSi2000

Runnning in Re-Built Engine

I used millers running in oil for 500 miles; http://www.camskill.co.uk/m1b0s28p69075/_MILLERS_OIL_-_Running_In_Oil_-_5_Litre_-_5L_ Combined with light driving - not going over 3000rpm for 500miles and not labouring the engine. After 500 miles I starting using my usual 5-40 synthetic oil but...
  13. AlexGSi2000

Which would be more damaging?

Fuelling - can cause "bore wash" = stripping the film of oil in your cylinders and causing wear.
  14. AlexGSi2000

Turbo blew at dealers!!!!!!

I would get as much out of them as you can. Have you read through all smallprint & terms and conditions. If there is something in there that needs to be highlighted contact consumer rights.etc
  15. AlexGSi2000

Disc and pad recommendations

Eliptical discs from bill Ferodo DS2500 pads (FCP1348H is the part number) Standard pads from the dealers are pants, brake fade really quickly. Ferodo DS2500's are the best pads I have ever used.
  16. AlexGSi2000

sump DESTROYED talk me in to no selling this!!

Feck, thats not good... look at the state of the oil pickup - the oil cooler line has been hit too.. Feel for you mate, hope you get it sorted soon.
  17. AlexGSi2000

Bam rods ok for hybrid

I have heard the BAM engines are stronger in some way, but not sure if this is the bottom end? I thought the standard rods were good for 300nm torque.
  18. AlexGSi2000

EBC Yellowstuff - Opinions?

Morning, I am currently carrying out a brake conversion on my Audi A4. In the past I have always used Ferodo DS2500 pads as upgrades and always been very happy with them. Pads will be used for everyday use with a mix of fast road and a track-day or two. Unfortunately, Ferodo don't...
  19. AlexGSi2000

De-cat pipe, legalitites and emissions?

If I remember correctly, the rules have already changed - I think its basically if a car was manufactured with a cat - it must be present and functioning at the time of the MOT. This is for both petrol and & diesel cars. I had a 200-cell on my Ibiza Cupra and never had any issues with emissions...