Search results

1. Dormouse

Cupra R alarm key fob

Greg, you might want to get in touch. I still have the spare key and alarm fob for your car. They guy who bought it off me never gave me an address to send it to. I also have a brand new Scorpion Cupra R alarm kit unfitted. Oh and a unused roll cage. Dor.
  2. Dormouse

Poll-fan fuse on battery melted/replaced or not?

Knackered air con rad fan then? If that happens it draws to much current through the dual cooling fan system behind the radiator and fries the fuse on slow boil. Problem is, the air con fan is not cheap and you have to remove most of the front of the car to change it. You can change fuse...
  3. Dormouse

Best Place To Get A Set Of Oz Wheels

Worth checking they go over the Brembo's first Nick. Cheers! Chris
  4. Dormouse

new purchase

Make sure you put new tyres on them then lol....all of them where holed or treadless. Rgs Dor.
  5. Dormouse

new purchase

Glad you think its a bargain :) . I know its probably worth a little more, but to be honest I just don't have the time anymore, and the next service is the cam belt one. Roll on my Octavia VRS estate diesel-fest. Enjoy :)
  6. Dormouse

Explain these codes please

What exactly does the clutch switch do? tell the ECU the engines in neutral? If so, what effect does this have overall? The code clears but keeps coming back after a a few miles driving but not the instant the car is driven. Cheers! Dor.
  7. Dormouse

Off to SEAT tomorrow to see what they have to say about it.... Dor.
  8. Dormouse

Lier, lier your fusebox is on fire..... Old skool. Dor.
  9. Dormouse

correctomundo :( it's like banging your head up against a brick wall sometimes.... Oh well, third time lucky eh? Dor.
  10. Dormouse

Happened to me again, Incedentally when I rang SEAT about this they noted they had not heard of this before. Either they are being economical with the truth or their fault recording database etc is just plain not good. Now on the plus side they did say take it to a dealer and some kind of...
  11. Dormouse

no cooling fan, A/C or turbo cooler fan???!!

Charcoal It's actually an issue with drawing too much current through the fuse and it being in a non ventilated area (hence fuse doesn't pop, but it's casing melts). Mine did this again today. I removed a lump of charcoal resembling a fuse. Pictures on ther way to SEAT. Cheers Dor.
  12. Dormouse

can i fit a sports cat to a jetex cat back system?

I'd say it was a pretty sensible question. Make sure that you know which is being quoted when dealing with pipes and exausts in terms of size. People use both External Diameter (when they try to make the zorst seem bigger - cynical view, but true) and internal diameter. Dor.
  13. Dormouse

can i fit a sports cat to a jetex cat back system?

But alas not the Ibiza in fitment according to their parts list. Dor.
  14. Dormouse

Anyone with a Dynatwist?

I hear a bit of drain pipe works quite well. Ah, Nostagia :) Best solutions are always the simplest I say :) Dor.
  15. Dormouse

mk3 new clutch info needed

Clutch wear isn't linearly proportional to power. My point is (or should i say my interest lies with) where does the limit start to apply where standard day to day driving is concerned? now it seems to me that if i'm not ragging it anywhere, a standard clutch could well handle 300bhp /...
  16. Dormouse

Probably deliberately over rated. Remember that most of the time Cupra will probably only have 1 or 2 up and that the car has to have been designed to cope 4 up (I imagine) - more weight = extra clutch strain. + we don't all scoot up to santa pod everyday, so noting that in-gear hard...
  17. Dormouse

Whatever you find out, post it up. It's all good info, especially as I think there's going to be a sizable amount of Ibiza cupra's starting to get to the clutch changing time of thier lives :P Dor.
  18. Dormouse

Which means you have to buy or source a flywheel (£££CHING) as well as a new clutch. Dor.
  19. Dormouse

No, I'm saying that, in theory, the are the same. Although if you look at the parts catalogue there is some confusion between 220mm and 225mm friction facings.... Appologies if my first post missed the mark, was simply trying to say that even though you do have an uprated engine setup, the...
  20. Dormouse

Presure plate, Friction material and releaser (AKA thrust bearing). What about new bolts? don't use the old ones. They stretch oddly enough. Well, at least you know that it's the clutch also listed for the Std R. Whixh gives you a little more reliance over knowing your original was put on...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise