Search results

1. Blown ballast or ...?

After being really pleased with my HID kit for ages I turned them on today to realise that one wasn't working :( I've just had a look and the bulb is fine, but the bottom of the ballast is wet and when plugged in the other side the bulb flicks and goes out. Question is - is the ballast blown...
  2. FSIII Caliper/Guide Pin - HELP!

Afternoon chaps/esses I thought I'd replace the disc/pads on my Mk1 Leon this morning. Started with the NS which swapped over really easy (should've realised and packed up and gone home). Next came the O/S, firstly some d!ck had sheared the little securing screw so I pulled the caliper...
  3. Happiness in a leon

Well this afternoon the Mrs decided she wanted to go shopping... Quick trip down the M1 a couple of junctions and I looked down at the dash and lo and behold the temp gauge decided it would work :-o Stopped and started the engine a few more times before we eventually got home and it has worked...
  4. rear window heater

Evening peeps, The cold weather recently has misted up the rear screen so that I've had to use the demister, unfortunately it looks like a previous person has tried to take a sticker off with a chisel and damaged the contacts so I get a clear bit at the top and bottom and mist in...
  5. Boot release handle thing

Afternoon... again my neighbour has asked me (must get him to register himself!!!) about his Mk2 Leon. His manual release on the boot (the seat symbol) doesn't gently sweep back into position (like mine on my Mk1) but you have to push it back in. Anyone else had this? Did it solve with WD...
  6. Anyone used these Ebay Bulbs???

Afternoon all, Anyone used these bulbs (in leiu of a HID kit!) just to add a bit more light? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEAT-LEON-00-XENON-BULBS-ICE-BLUE-HID-SET_W0QQitemZ230337271110QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item35a12bd546&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_2007wt_1165 Any...
  7. Simple Q Re: communication error

Before I get flamed for having the free version of VAG-Com, I thought I'd try it before committing to the full version. I was helping a friend with his Fabia to turn on the anti hijack function using controller 46. VAG-Com opens the controller fine and I can read the setting on the function...
  8. What warranty work to get sorted???

Evening chaps/chapesses, My neighbour has just bought himself a mk2 leon diesel sport reference and is well happy with it... even says it is better than his old Audi TT!!!! It's coming up to 3yrs old and he wants to take it to the stealers before the end of the warranty period. What's the...
  9. Looking to buy Leon Tdi

Hi I'm going to have a look at a '51 plate Leon TDi SE with 100K tomorrow, body/internally (from pics) seems ok MOT'd in Dec '08. So I was wanting to know roughly what to watch out for, I've heard about the door seals and the pollen filter causing wet footwells, anything else? Cheers, dave