Search results

1. Mattwood

MattWood's Mk4 Ibiza TDi FR - SOLD - Now Civic Type R Championship White Edition

So, as this is the last car forum I was a part of.... I negected this thread immensely and never really go on with updates. But the main points are; Had a remap - was wicked refurbed the alloys with spray tins - looked boss Sold it in 2011. Went to something rear wheel drive summer...
  2. Mattwood

Big Thanks To All you SCN users!

It was in good nick for its age and mileage - but I wouldn't have said mint. It was looked after though. I may well regret it over the winter but I live and work 10 mins walk from a train station anyway.
  3. Mattwood

Currently, a Giant Mountain Bike and the shoe-lace express. Not sure what I want next to be honest. Thanks man, it was sad to see it go - but it was time for me as I just wasn't driving it any more and it was costing me more and more to sit on the driveway. No doubt I'll be lurking around...
  4. Mattwood

Well, I took a deep breath and sold my SEAT Ibiza FR TDI last night, and I just wanted to take a minute to sat a massive thanks to everyone on SCN and especially in this section. You have all been a big help to me over the last 2 and half years when I have need help. I would like to wish you...
  5. Mattwood

Help needed with getting insurance for new driver

Try a quote on an older/cheaper car perhaps? just to see if that has an effect? But it seems young driver insurance is becoming/has become prohibitively expensive the the average 17 year old. My brother was getting quotes of £2500+ for his 1.0L lupo before we went for the multicar policy...
  6. Mattwood

Help needed with getting insurance for new driver

Admiral have been good for me (although I was with Quinn for 2 years). However I have heard that they are awkward to deal with if you need to claim - not sure how true that is though as I have never had to claim? It's always better to call the insurer directly and you can nearly always...
  7. Mattwood

White MK4 Cupra on pistonheads

Fair play - Time for a sight test then! :lol:
  8. Mattwood

White MK4 Cupra on pistonheads

Try BB57 YJY mate ;)
  9. Mattwood

Fitting of PD intake after remap. Worth it?

I have one and would say its worth it so long as you can get a second hand one - but they are very sought after.
  10. Mattwood

How much was your Ibiza mk4

I paid £3895 for an 04 plate with 120k on it 2 years and 3 months ago. Spent a few ££ - had the front resprayed to eliminate stone chips, cupra bushes, PD160 intake, strut brace, Stage 1 remap and refurbished the alloys myself - probably just over £1k in all (on top of the regular...
  11. Mattwood

Whistling noise?

Turbo Whistle I would expect?? Nothing to worry about if it is
  12. Mattwood

Starfish Alloys

See Gooner_Mike's RR: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=159532 Hopefully he doesn't mind me posting a link to his RR :P
  13. Mattwood

fr tdi, boost pipe part numbers & advice

even if it is £90 it looks far more robust than the OEM pipe so will likely last longer anyway? Although if it can be had for £50 then all the better!!
  14. Mattwood

Part number and price please for Intercooler Top Hose

No worries mate, I didn't mean to sound shitty (Monaco GP put me in a mood lol) but you won't believe how many times people could find the answers to their questions if they tried searching first. Hope you can solve your problem!
  15. Mattwood

Part number and price please for Intercooler Top Hose

See the link I posted here: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=318413 In future it would save you the hassle of asking if you could use the search feature ;)
  16. Mattwood

Hi mate - couldn't find my Invoice unfortunately, however have found this: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=301809 Should have all the part numbers you need :) Hope that helps you out!
  17. Mattwood

Engine Raise?!?

TBF The roads round Southampton often resemble the streets of Basra with all the craters in the roads and un-even roadworks, raised/sunken drain covers etc. Its the main thing thats made me procrastinate about going low for ages as my car was my daily till 2 months ago and I couldn't have stuck...
  18. Mattwood

Engine Raise?!?

I thought we had spoken before! Didn't wish to assume though! I will keep an eager eye out for you around mid June time then. Hope you get everything sorted :)
  19. Mattwood

Seat Ibiza (6L): Air suspension and more.....SPLITTING/FOR SALE

Am I right in thinking this a 1.4? As you'll need new hubs for the 312 TT brakes IIRC?
  20. Mattwood

Can't remember part number off the top of my head but I bought one last March from Ted Johnson and it cost about £90 all told. Not cheap! If no one else can help you out I'll get the part numbers off the invoice when I get home. If it were to happen to me again I'd look more carefully into...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.