Search results

1. rich3001

Lights problem

I meant to say i have checked over the fuses, and none off them seem to have blown.
  2. rich3001

Lights problem

The problem i have is that i have no tail lights or front side lights. I have indicators and one brake light working, but the tail lights do not work at all. I have replaced the bulbs both sides but the still do not work. Has anyone experienced anything like this?? Any help would be...
  3. rich3001

Flashing engine warning light

Yep its deffinalty coil packs. I would get it fixed asap. There is alot of info about whats actually happening when the coil packs stop working in this thread http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=270191 Edit: post 14 in the link is a guide on how to change coilpacks
  4. rich3001

Flashing engine warning light

If its a coil pack the vag com will say mis fire on cylinder 1 or which ever number it is. I pay about £23 for a coil and fit it myself as it only takes 2 mins. unless your with the AA then they come out and fit a new one and chatrge about £50
  5. rich3001

annoying engine rev issue

thanks for the reply. These coils are costing me a fortune as ive relaced them all 3 times in 2 years. Il give it a go and see if it helps.
  6. rich3001

anyone?
  7. rich3001

oil light?

I just found that out after 2 years of owning my car :whistle:
  8. rich3001

Ok so yesterday my car had the engine managment light come on so i turned the car off then back on and it had cleared, the car now has a vibration when its left ticking over could that be engine mounts? any way il get back on track now this morning when i came to a set of lights it seemed like...
  9. rich3001

oil light?

I had this after my service the oil started flashing 2 days later and i had only done 600 mile. I just took it to the garage as they didnt reset it when they did the service. Edit: you could get charged for taking it to the garage as it was back in october
  10. rich3001

wheel bearing/road noise? easy to replace?

I hadnt had problems with the avons before and it was my 5th set of them, but the noise drove me mad. So i thought i would have a change. The only problems with the toyo's im running now is ive done about 15k on them and will need a new set soon :whistle:
  11. rich3001

Yeh thats the size. i currently run toyo proxy t1r but was running avon zv3. Edit: The noise drove me mad before i got a new set of tires so much that i put the car back onto 14'' steelies
  12. rich3001

condensation on lights?

i get this too. i just leave the covers off the back and its fine now. you could always take the cover off the back and put you lights on for a bit then refit the covers and see if this clears it if you want the covers on Edit: some people also drill a few small holes in the rear covers too
  13. rich3001

I found that this noise was my tires. I changed to a different type and its stopped now.
  14. rich3001

Gearbox chatter

Cheers for the reply. The clutch was in a bad state when it was replaced so i couldnt tell if there was any noises as it was constantly slipping in every gear. Its been back to the garage 3 times to see if there was any other issues and they replaced and refitted everything to do with the...
  15. rich3001

Gearbox chatter

Ive just had a new clutch fitted and now ive noticed a rattling noise when in neutral with my foot off the clutch, so the garage had the car back and changed the clutch plate and the release bearing. I still have the same noise. Ive been told it could be gearbox chatter? Any ideas and is it...
  16. rich3001

Idling problems

that rattling noise is the thrust bearing, ive got that atm after having a new clutch so the garage is having the car back in to fix it. I would get it checked to make sure. when was your car last serviced? When i had this problem no errors appeared using a vag com
  17. rich3001

Ibiza Timing chain goodwill gesture

this thread has a few pages about it. I dont know if it will be much help as i havent read all of it. http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=121947&highlight=timing+chain
  18. rich3001

Idling problems

Try changing the spark plugs. I had a similar issue with mine a while back.
  19. rich3001

30K service

I havent used a dealer for a service but the place i use did a intrim service for £68 and my full service is usually about £105. I cant remember what was changed, i will have to look for the receipt.
  20. rich3001

bumper and side strips

you can remove the strips that go down the side of the car but as already said you cant remove the ones off the bumper.