Search results

1. Davidsr

*****s Preston - Terrible

When I was in Simpsons last month they said everyone had been across from there to see if there were any jobs going. Doubtful Arnold Clark will improve anything.
  2. Davidsr

*****s Preston - Terrible

I bought my last car from *****s (Ibiza FR) about 6 years ago and during that time I couldn't fault them. However since then most the staff I knew from service and parts have moved on. To cut a long story short, we had gone there to look at a 6 month old Leon FR but decided against buying it...
  3. Davidsr

Show me your white mk3...

A few shots of my Wife's Nevada White FR.
  4. Davidsr

Power Folding Mirrors

Happened to both of mine around winter time. First one was replaced by the dealer and I had to replace the second one myself as the warranty had gone. AFAIK I'm not sure there is any way to adjust them.
  5. Davidsr

Missed DSG service

It is a little odd, it's been on the long life service so had a service at 19k and 38k. Can only assume as you say that the 38k was the expensive major service so maybe they didn't want the extra £170.00 hit for the DSG. Is the only think that is putting me off the car TBH!
  6. Davidsr

Missed DSG service

Looking at trading my Ibiza in for a MK5 Golf tdi140. It's got full VW dealer service history but I noticed that the DSG box was only serviced at the second service at 58k and not at 40k like it should be. I don't know much about the DSG but will the extra 18k miles the car did before the...
  7. Davidsr

rear pads and discs 1.9 tdi FR

Yeah same as mine. Wish they'd been that cheap when I bought them. You won't go wrong with them.
  8. Davidsr

No, I've got Mintex pads. Think I paid about £38 for my discs. £25 sounds a bargain. If they're cheaper than OEM then you might as well get them.
  9. Davidsr

I got the Brembo rear discs and they still rusted like the OEM ones, despite supposedly having some anti rust treatment on. Only handy thing is the dimple in the disc face telling you when they're worn
  10. Davidsr

Can cruise control be retro fitted to my MK4 Ibiza

There is a genuine retro Fabia kit on Ebay for £65.00 delivered, includes the loom and stalk, plus instructions. Part nunber for loom is 1J0 971 425 and the stalk is 8L0 953 513 J 01C (Skoda) or 1J0 953 513 01C (VW). Has anyone here attempted to fit a kit themselves? How much of the dash...
  11. Davidsr

Replacing broken sensor wire

Going to attempt this guide at the weekend http://writen4u.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Replace-Broken-Wire-Harness-ClipsConnectors-AudiVW-DIY Seat sold me a replacement wire so confident I should be able to splice this into the old wiring once I get the connector off.
  12. Davidsr

Yeah looks just like that. Will have to see if there is a decent scrap yard around here! Thanks.
  13. Davidsr

I've posted previously about a VAG-Com error code I had for a fuel temperature sensor. I've bought the part and went to reaplce it and noticed the wire going into the sensor plug is about 90% broken. Unfortunately it's broken right at the plug, so it's pretty much impossible to cut the wire...
  14. Davidsr

Hid kit

Normal is fine, CANBUS is for MK2 Leon etc.
  15. Davidsr

Hid kit

I've got the H7R ones and think I've been flashed once in the fog, passed 2 sets of MOTs as well. I got the normal size ballasts as the slim ones weren't an option at the time. I mounted one on the passenger side inside wing and the other on the side of the drivers headlight cover.
  16. Davidsr

Quick question regarding 312 brakes *PIC*

Think you might be right.
  17. Davidsr

Tightening Torque

No probs. Might be worth looking at this thread on Briskoda for the suspension figures http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/165720-fabia-nut-and-bolt-tightening-torques/
  18. Davidsr

Tightening Torque

120nm for the wheel nuts.
  19. Davidsr

SCN fantasy football league

Signed up again. Will try and actually keep my team up to date this year and not have players in my team that are injured for half the season! It's hard to stretch 100 million to 15 players isn't it!
  20. Davidsr

SCN fantasy football league

Relegation zone for me! Hoping for a last day miracle. Completely forgotten about this to be honest.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.