Search results

1. C3 LJG

My old Cupra

You don't split them, you have to take out the coloured lenses that cover the bulbs inside the lights themself.
  2. C3 LJG

My old Cupra

I think i actually prefer the all reds on the blue! :hide::hide: Probably look better when the lenses have been removed.
  3. C3 LJG

smooth bumper and number plate

Think mine was the first in this country to be done like that as far as i know. Think it looks so much better than having the rub strip smoothed completely.
  4. C3 LJG

smooth bumper and number plate

When i had mine i used 3 L shaped brackets velcroed to the underside of the bumper so could be easily removed for pics/shows. In the end just ran without a plate at all got away with it for over 4 months!
  5. C3 LJG

the new ride

a few recent pics of the old girl
  6. C3 LJG

jimseat's Mk1 leon fr

A couple of pics from friday and 1 with the noise maker! :D
  7. C3 LJG

My old Cupra

Sorry for not getting back to you been pretty busy. I should be free weds/fri eve or during the day sat. Drop me an email on [email protected] if you still want to do it.
  8. C3 LJG

indicator bulbs

As they flash orange through red tint.
  9. C3 LJG

indicator bulbs

I am pretty sure they are. Get green bulbs for the indicators...
  10. C3 LJG

My old Cupra

The finer the grade the easier it will be to polish up, you will probably need something with a bit more cut than SRP. I would start with something thats fairly heavy cut then drop down to a fine polish to bring out the glossyness. If you want when they are done give me a shout and bring...
  11. C3 LJG

Engine Bay

Looks good phil, I would run the black hose to the catch tank under the air filter pipe tho :whistle:;) Always wanted to do more with my engine bay when i had it.
  12. C3 LJG

Silver Ibiza's

Any excuse to show the old car! :rolleyes:
  13. C3 LJG

My old Cupra

Its just how dark red you want them as I siad I used a whole can on the VR lights. As for the lenses I melted them out with a soldering iron, I melted them into 4 then pulled them out, takes a while.
  14. C3 LJG

My old Cupra

Those are the exact products i used. Step 1 - Apply light coats of tint allow a few mins to dry between so you can get the level of tint you want and also stops runs. Step 2 - Once tinted to the level you want leave for the tint to go off fully at least over night in somewhere warm...
  15. C3 LJG

My old Cupra

No just the tint spray can be removed. The above look a bit pinky to me. When we tinted my mates standard lights they looked fine, the trick is lots of light coats with a few mins in between that way you shouldn't lose the detail of the lights. My VR lights had a whole can sprayed on...
  16. C3 LJG

My old Cupra

No probs, if you go all red just tint one side of the standard lights to see what it looks like. You can take the tint sray off again with nail varnish remover ;) The other option is to just remove the orange lense inside the standard lights so they are red a clear and use chrome indicator...
  17. C3 LJG

My old Cupra

No just used halfords lacquer but make sure you leave the tint spray to go off completely or it will react with the lacquer.
  18. C3 LJG

My old Cupra

I used folia-tec stuff you used to get in halfords. Heres a quick guide to how I did the ones on the VR. started off by getting some crystal clear rear lenses then i set about tinting them i left them over night to fully go off then added around 5 coats of lacquer, which when...
  19. C3 LJG

My old Cupra

I wish i hadn't sold it :cry: :cry: I was very close to doing a deal on it to have it back when Rachel sold it recently but decided I would never be happy if it hadn't been looked after to my standards! But nevermind you live and learn! :doh:
  20. C3 LJG

My old Cupra

You can't just change the bulbs, they have coloured plastic lenses inside the lights you have to remove if you want them clear. They look **** standard! Half the lenses removed Finished!
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.