Search results

1. Ross_Cupra-R

Boost Loss Issue

Right, i've been out and checked all the hoses connected to the N75 & to the charge pipe and found all connections were the loose-ish, so i have put all new jubilee clips on all the N75 connections & charge pipe connection and tightened them up. All the hoses seemed to be in good order with...
  2. Ross_Cupra-R

Boost Loss Issue

Cheers for the help so far chaps. Damien - i'll have a look at the pipes from the N75 tomorrow and report back.
  3. Ross_Cupra-R

Boost Loss Issue

Yeah that be great mate, let me know how it goes. I have no fault codes, but reckon if it's the n75, it's still working to an extent so as not to throw a code.
  4. Ross_Cupra-R

Airbag Light, help!

Agree with TPJ it’s the slip ring. I had this a while back and did all the usual stuff of clearing the codes & cleaning the connector block under the driver’s seat, but to no avail. Got hold of a 2nd hand slip ring from e-bay and the light went off.
  5. Ross_Cupra-R

Boost Loss Issue

Afternoon folks, I’ve had this issue for a bit now; it started off as infrequent but seems to have become more regular. Basically what happens is; after starting the car and driving along i get about 4 or 5 times of full boost (1.2-1.3 bar on the gauge) then the next time i accelerate the...
  6. Ross_Cupra-R

Vagcom airbag low resistance

Thats what i had to do with my steering wheel airbag when the error with mines came up. Cleaned the plug under the drivers seat as well, but my fault is a dodgy slip ring behind the wheel i believe. The error code should also tell you what airbag it it, if its the seat airbag or the wheel one.
  7. Ross_Cupra-R

stuttering!

i got 4 coilpacks from Euro Car Parts for £101, Normally you'll get away with just changing 1, i just did all 4 for piece of mind
  8. Ross_Cupra-R

stuttering!

Sounds like a coilpack i'm afraid! I just had to change all 4 of mines last week to solve my stuttering
  9. Ross_Cupra-R

Juddering and hesitation on boost

Bringing this one back, thought i had solved my problem, but now seem to have new issues. Done a fair bit of reading/searching, but i thought i'd pop this up, see what others thought: 1st thing i've notice is that the car seems a bit too keen to dump, barely need to lift off the throttle...
  10. Ross_Cupra-R

How do I fix/correct these?????

If its unplugged then that may be the cause of the error. Try plugging it back in and clearing the codes. If it doesn't then it could well be the slipring. The slipring is behind the steering wheel and you need to remove the wheel to get to it. I think its a case of replacing the ring, but...
  11. Ross_Cupra-R

How do I fix/correct these?????

Looks like the airbag on the driver side has been disabled due to getting the "N95 - resistance too high" error. I had to do this with mines as i got the same error, i put it down to the slipring behind the steering wheel. If you can clear the codes then, as the airbag is turned off, the...
  12. Ross_Cupra-R

Been out today and it seems to have cured the problem...result :D Cheers for all the help guys, much appreciated
  13. Ross_Cupra-R

Well im now £100 lighter, but hopefully it will solve the issue. Thought i might as well change all 4 as i was going to have to take everything to bits anyway, and when i pulled out the coildpacks they all looked like they were orginal ones so looks like they haven't been changed in years...
  14. Ross_Cupra-R

I had it on VAG-COM tonight and bar the usual SAI - incorrect flow code, there was no fault codes whatsoever. It's not missing on idle and drives without fault until you put your foot down, so looks like it will be 1 coil at a time. Managed to pick up a coil from ECP for £25 odds so might...
  15. Ross_Cupra-R

Cheers Chaps, a coilpack hadn't even crossed my mind! I will get the car on VAG-COM tomorrow, but is there any way of telling which one it is? Also, where is the best place these days to pick up one? ECP, GSF?
  16. Ross_Cupra-R

Tonight on the way home, car was fine. Got onto the motorway and went to overtake a car, put my foot down and as it started to really get onto boost the car suddenly bogged down, hesitated and spluttered until i lifted off. This now seems to occur when putting my foot down. There is no lights...
  17. Ross_Cupra-R

steering wheel change

Here you are fella: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=179359 That was a good deal by the sounds of things :thumbup:
  18. Ross_Cupra-R

steering wheel change

VAG-COM is the way if the boss didn't come with a resistor to plug into the airbag connection. I'll find the thread and post the link. Slightly off topic, but what boss did you buy mate? thinking of doing the same but couldn't find a boss for the Mk3
  19. Ross_Cupra-R

Shorted Battery - Now Headunit Not Turning On. Help!

no problem buddy, just glad it worked out for you :D
  20. Ross_Cupra-R

Shorted Battery - Now Headunit Not Turning On. Help!

I'm sure other will confirm if this is correct or not, but i think there is a fuse or fuses on the headunit itself or on the screen panel when you take it off, so might be worth a check of those (if they are there)
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise