Search results

1. Neo

Headlight Lens Colour on Cupra..?

Ah I see. Still, it looks like the drivers` side is new and the passengers` is faded.
  2. Neo

Replacement HID Bulbs

As said it`s H4 Bi xenon that you need, probably why your searches are`nt working for you. You mean these?: clicky
  3. Neo

Headlight Lens Colour on Cupra..?

They fade over time and go green... both my original ones were the same. It looks like your drivers` side has been replaced, it looks much fresher than the other... and looking at your panel gaps your bumper has been off at some point (needs to come off for headlight replacement).
  4. Neo

Door lock microswitch Guide

I`m not sure what other cars use the same lock module, it may well be Ibiza specific, and 3-door specific at that. It may be worth getting one if you can find one for a low price, you could then plug it straight in and move the lock to see if it works. This would be easier than splitting...
  5. Neo

It is in the middle of the red circle, sorry it`s not very well identified. It`s a white plastic round button and is on top of the block with the two wires going into it. I don`t have any more pics I`m afraid. For me it was worth doing because sometimes I open my car then leave the door open...
  6. Neo

312mm Upgrade

As said only a mk1. I think the mk2 setup will physically fit but the calipers are too big for the wheels to go back on! The specific setup you need to fit a pre-facelift FR is the ATE/Teves 54 calipers from the cars listed earlier up the thread... with the 312mm carriers.
  7. Neo

312mm Upgrade

I used that refurb kit too, as Mike says it`s well worth taking the time to refurb them properly before fitting.. you`ll feel much better about it when done. I went for conservative black on my calipers and did the carriers silver (Hammerite smooth):
  8. Neo

Good to hear that mate, I`ve put Vibe blackair components in mine with some sponge soundproofing.. makes all the difference as you say. But it looks like I need to take my metal card off again [:@] there`s a metallic "tick" noise coming from the lock area when I go over bumps, just started...
  9. Neo

312mm Upgrade

Only the Anniversary mk4 (Diesel and petrol) as far as I`m aware. Looks like it yeah! As I said other cars use the same calipers, like the mk1 Leon Cupra.. but they all use 288mm carriers.
  10. Neo

312mm Upgrade

The same calipers but smaller carriers I think, on the mk4 anyway.
  11. Neo

312mm Upgrade

Mk1 TT (not 3.2), golf mk4 anniversary, Octavia VRS mk1, mk1 S3. There are other models which use the same ATE 54mm calipers but the above use the 312mm carriers too. Got my setup off the bay for £170... patience and a bit of luck!
  12. Neo

Good Upgrade Bulbs

As Mick said Osram nightbreakers are good, or philips xtreme are also good - I have them in my main beam. Halfords do some good uprated bulbs too, I forget what they call them but they are on par with nightbreakers for performance... bit pricey though. Don`t be tempted by 100w bulbs to achieve...
  13. Neo

Mystery Button, just above the bonnnet opening leaver

:wave: It`s always in the on position, as said it disables the volumetric (inside) alarm sensors for the next time you arm the system. So you can have the windows open but still have the alarm active. It resets itself though, so you have to press it each time you want the inside sensors off.
  14. Neo

Better calipers

I looked into upping the rears to the 256mm vented setup but it would cost even more than my 312mm front setup. That, and the fact that the Cupra mk4 has 312`s with 4-pot calipers up front and only 239mm solid discs at the back, tells me the rears are fine standard if you upgrade to 312. If you...
  15. Neo

HID bulb installation

As Mick said not necessarily, but they are the safest place to buy H7R bulbs if you want to avoid using pot luck... I know from personal experience they are as good as you can get. They are expensive though, although discount codes help a bit. The issue is that most H7R bulbs are just copies...
  16. Neo

HIDs - What kind? Tips and Pics inside.

Just found this on my computer, it`s my old 5000k beam. Shows just how white they are.
  17. Neo

Hmmm, we`ll see... I`ve deleted the pic from my post so it`s easier on the thread.
  18. Neo

LED sidelight bulbs

LOL crazy price! Is that for real?
  19. Neo

Nice work Mick [B)] we`ve needed a dedicated HID thread for a while. I forgot about the alignment pics! Nice find :whistle:
  20. Neo

LED sidelight bulbs

I think it`s the auto white balance that cameras have, buggers it up.