Search results

1. h0l1yw0od

My Leon TDI

Hi, This is looking really nice. I have a 1.6s in the same Arctic Silver and fancy doing a few little bits to it just to spruce it up and make it a bit special so might be looking up a few of the bits here. Would like some slightly smarter wheels to the standard and may treat myself...
  2. h0l1yw0od

How to remove wing mirror cover.

Sorry i did try the search ("wing mirror cover") but couldn't find anything specific. But if it just clips up thats fine, just didn't want to force it if there's a screw hiding in there at all. Thanks.
  3. h0l1yw0od

How to remove wing mirror cover.

Hi, My passenger side wing mirror been broken and needs replacing. I bought a primed one from eBay that i've painted ready, and i've got the new glass to go in as well but i want to know how to get the old cover off properly without breaking anything else. This is probably a really easy...
  4. h0l1yw0od

MkI 1.6 mod recommendations

Lol that sounds right! Yeah my drivrs seat feels a bit funny so can see why you did that. Well i've made a shopping list of small bits to start with and hopefully i'll build up from there! Here's hoping i get paid too much in my pay this month!! :D
  5. h0l1yw0od

Thats looking nice. I imagine some expensive upgrades there but i might try and go for a selection. Think i'll start with the wiper blade and work up. :D I love the matching paint job on the bumpers, that seemed to make a huge difference. The plastic on mine is a little faded so that would...
  6. h0l1yw0od

Hi, I was looking to try and do a few things to my standard 1.6 16v MkI last year after sorting some issues but accidentally moved in with the Mrs instead :D Now things are on a pretty strict budget and i'd still like to do something to make it 'mine' and a little special. What...
  7. h0l1yw0od

JVC Stereo Question

Cool thanks, i'll get one of those ordered from here or eBay. Thanks!! [B)]
  8. h0l1yw0od

JVC Stereo Question

So it would be this: http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/lcca/4148/mia/d/autoleads+pc2+69+4+vw+harness+adaptor/pid/7676008 and just tuck that hanging blue lead away yeh?
  9. h0l1yw0od

JVC Stereo Question

So even though i have no Pin 3 on the back of the stereo i do actually need an adaptor? Googled it, it's only a few £'s so i don't mind trying it. As long as its not going to bring on the fault light again! Yikes, £15 at Halfords! Won't be picking one up tonight then!!
  10. h0l1yw0od

JVC Stereo Question

This is the back of my JVC, the one i bought for my 1995 Polo in 2005 and now want in my Leon: JVC:
  11. h0l1yw0od

JVC Stereo Question

Ah ok, wasn't sure if it was something i may have needed. (FYI I've updated my picture links above now)
  12. h0l1yw0od

JVC Stereo Question

Ok, i guess all i can do is put it back in and see what happens. I guess next time i have to go for a service or get a light come on i'll take it out and put back the 'approved' stereo. Out of curiosity, whats this adaptor for? As i said above it changes the position of the wiring...
  13. h0l1yw0od

JVC Stereo Question

Hi, It wasn't a new one, the one i want in there that apparently caused problems was one i bought for my Polo back in 2005. When i got my Leon in January i took it out of my Polo and put it in the Leon. Everything was fine until it went to the garage. When i got it back i was told that it...
  14. h0l1yw0od

Where to get a HID kit?

Ah ok, yeah mines just a standard 2002 Leon 1.6 S. Not LCR, Cupra etc. so only standard lights. Guess i'll need a full kit then. Thanks.
  15. h0l1yw0od

JVC Stereo Question

Bummer. Thanks anyway. If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know. My Leon can't be the only one where the stereo has caused an issue surely? :confused:
  16. h0l1yw0od

JVC Stereo Question

Well that was my thinking. So if it wasn't the K line that caused the problem but it is something to do with the stereo, what could it be? If i bought a new one how can i be sure it wouldn't cause the same problem? :confused:
  17. h0l1yw0od

Where to get a HID kit?

Ok, great thanks. Just the bulbs then, did a search for 6000k and it came back with bulbs at £68.50, these ones w**.hids4u.co.uk/6000k-replacement-d2r-bulb-pair-pr-13.html (Quickly OT, could i ask if you could have a look at my thread, it's one i started back in May and you replied but i've...
  18. h0l1yw0od

Where to get a HID kit?

What needs to be done to fit these to a standard 1.6 Mk1? Do i need a conversion kit or is it just a case of buying bulbs?
  19. h0l1yw0od

JVC Stereo Question

Hi, Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but i ran into a lot of problems with the car when it was serviced and have just finished paying off £1200+ worth of repairs! :cry: I've come back to my stereo problem now, as i'd like to start liking my car again and hope i can get some enjoyment from...
  20. h0l1yw0od

So that is why they call them a FootWell !!!

Sorry for the lack of update. Was going to try checking the door and things last weekend but then the windshield cracked top to bottom and wasn't repaired until Monday. Then i went to the cinema last night and on the way back the engine light has now come on! Called the nearest Seat...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members