Search results

1. Moffat

i want a large sheet of vinyl.

Does anyone know where i might be able to get a roll/sheet, of black vinyl, big enough to cover my car roof with. i can find 25m rolls on ebay, but they're only 600mm wide. Idealy, i'd want to cover the roof in one go. Had a bit hunt about on ebay, but can't find anything huge.
  2. Moffat

Headlamp Bulb advise please

HID kits can be had for pennies these days. Get a hunt on eBay. Even if it's a cheaper kit from Japan, they're all the same at the end of the day.
  3. Moffat

Very Strange Coolant Temperature Readings

I'll give that a go as well as the temp sensor then. cheers.
  4. Moffat

well, the gauge is slightly dodgy. i need to try a new temp sensor. but even when the car's been runing hours, it still doesn't seem that hot.
  5. Moffat

I don't think the heaters in my Leon are nearly as good as they were in my Astra i had previous. Even when up to full temperature, i'm just not fully impressed with them. Anything that could cause them to not be as hot as i'm used to?
  6. Moffat

difference in Lc and LCR suspension

it's an LCR i have. I just needed to know if any Leon kit would do for when i order some coilovers, or if i HAD to have an LCR kit. Obviously i know now that i do.
  7. Moffat

Ah right. something new i've learnt today. cheers
  8. Moffat

Do the LC's and LCR's have the same suspension or not. I was just randomly searching for things on ebay today, and ended up looking for coilovers. i saa some from the same company/seller, but one for LC and one for LCR. Are they different?
  9. Moffat

Short shift non-fitting

This is the newer shape, 2.0 TFSI S3 if it changes anything, but is still listed in the same description on Forge's site.
  10. Moffat

Short shift non-fitting

I got my LCR one off with a good bit wiggling, WD40, and a bit tapping with a makeshift hammer (spanner and extension bar) and could get it back on okay, but the one that came off the Audi just wouldn't go on. I'm sure the hole in the Forge unit was smaller than the LCR one i took off. My mate...
  11. Moffat

Short shift non-fitting

A mate of mine just got a new quicksfift for his Audi S3, as he didn't like the Forge one on it. So he offered me his for £30. rude not to i thought. I've just been out trying to fit it there, and it wont go onto the spined shaft on my gearbox. I thought they were the same for all 6 speed VAGS...
  12. Moffat

Unlock button not working

I went to get in my car this morning, and the unlock button on the key didn't work (i do think it has been getting less effective recently) so i unlocked it with the key in the door. When i locked it again though, it worked fine from the fob. Tried it a few times and it didn't unlock once, but...
  13. Moffat

What brake pads are you folks running for road or track?

You're gonna hear nothing but DS2500's in this thread. I was well impressed with mine. 8 laps of the Nurburgring with no fade at all.
  14. Moffat

What is a Ko4-001?

Sorry to hijack, but when you lot have been mentioning some of the upgrade turbos not having the EGT (exhaust gas temp ?) probe bit, it rang a bell. My Cupra R has, what has been said to be the EG probe, wrapped up and tied out the way uderneath the inlet manifold, so it's obviously not in the...
  15. Moffat

Those "big mouth" cupra R bumper's

I'm sure i've seen one or two on here, where the number plate has been moved, either relocated or made into a sticker, and they have the whole mouth of the bumper open. i took my plate off to have a look behind it, but found that there was the big lump of extra bumper behind the plate. How can...
  16. Moffat

Diff making a noise

Erm...on mine it turned out to the gearbox mount. It must of been working its way loose. It turned out that the gearbox mount had fallen off. I just got a new mount put on.
  17. Moffat

What is it with Leon climate control?

The amount of times i've turned my heater fans on, hot or cold, and just clicked the fan up maybes 2 or 3 bars, then the next time i look down, it's blowing away on about 7 of the bars all by itself. I have it in maunual mode, not auto, but it still changes itself. does anyone esle's do this?
  18. Moffat

problems again grr please help !

I dont think boost leaks put the light on. I've blown pipes off a few times and it's never put the light on yet.
  19. Moffat

Intercooler, i have an idea!

I think the airflow coming through the cooler while driving, will be more than what the fan could provide. Hence why cooling fans never run when the car is moving (other than town driving obviuosly)
  20. Moffat

electrical connection on heated rear screen.

Behind the plastic trim though yeah?
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.