Search results

1. dannychapman10

Thinking of coming back to the fold, again...

That's the other option, but this time I really want to properly mod it. Rns510 DPF delete and remap Speaker system upgrade Black wheels (assuming I get a white car) Triple R splitter Cupra R rear conversion Custom exhaust Side skirts and spoiler And a few other tasty mods and then get to...
  2. dannychapman10

A hell of a lot of facelift 1ers with the N47 Diesel engine in have timing chain problems which usually requires a new crankshaft depending on build date. The clutches are crap, mine has been in 8k miles and is going again. I'll be honest Lee, I miss my old FR550 and to this day wish I...
  3. dannychapman10

At retail, the BMW warranty has paid out over £6k worth of work. Crankshaft Timing chain Clutch DMF 2 wheel bearings Shock absorber EGR valve EGR wiring DPF Multiple gaskets Software updates The list goes on I'm still having issues. It's not returning the mpg it used to and no one can...
  4. dannychapman10

Thanks Graham. This forum seems to of died abit! Expected a flood of responses ;) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. dannychapman10

Al's 2010 (60 plate) Speed Blue Revo Stage 2+ Leon Cupra - Moved on to a new home :-)

Just pop over the babybmw.net Al and see the reviews of the M135i. The garage where I get all my work and servicing done on my BM let me take it out for a wee while and it was epic. Go for the auto though, they've really put effort into the new 8 speed auto and it's incredible. There's a...
  6. dannychapman10

Sounds decent mate :) Where you getting your roof done? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. dannychapman10

I know mate, should of kept the original black one! I'll see what happens, just need some answers from folk on here in terms of mpg etc. You done anything to yours? E81 118D | Black Sapphire | M Sport | 18" 208's | Comfort Pack | Front+Rear PDC | Rear Privacy Glass | Pro HU | Alpine Upgrade |...
  8. dannychapman10

Didn't realise you were on here Ben! How long you had your Leon mate? :) E81 118D | Black Sapphire | M Sport | 18" 208's | Comfort Pack | Front+Rear PDC | Rear Privacy Glass | Pro HU | Alpine Upgrade | Lemon Leather | Heated Seats | Cruise | Depos | 6000k Angel LEDS | 4300k HIDS | TRS Morimoto...
  9. dannychapman10

Hey guys, been a while! Hope you're all ok :) Thinking of coming back. I've never managed to get Leons out of my system and I find myself looking at them again. I will now be travelling 70 miles a day due to my job and don't want to put mileage on my 1er so I'm going to let the girlfriend have...
  10. dannychapman10

Damo's ED30

Nice Damien, nice ;)
  11. dannychapman10

JamJay's BMW 135i (That no-one cares about because it's not VAG)

She's looking good matey :) The newer style LED rears are much better then the old 3 strip version. You should get a clip up of the PE, there's a vide of a blue 135i in the US with the PE on, I keep listening to it over and over ;) Once my travelling has stopped with work, it'll be one of these...
  12. dannychapman10

JamJay's BMW 135i (That no-one cares about because it's not VAG)

Jay, Hope you're across on babybmw.net ;) I'm sure I've seen your car on there mate. Is yours already having the update for the security issue? I didn't think the 1er was due for another 8 weeks or so? Mine's in the garage at the moment so may double check with them. Oh, and I'm jealous of...
  13. dannychapman10

Smithy84 FR 20vt

Yeah he did, lass called Laura so there probably is a thread about it as she's quite enthusiastic about cars lol
  14. dannychapman10

Cutting out backbox

Yeah brilliant cars, compared to the equivalent S3 or golf r, bargain for the fun you can have in them Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. dannychapman10

Cutting out backbox

Cheers Andrew, How's the cupra r treating you? Heard you got 400 miles to a tank? Pretty good going that mate :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. dannychapman10

My 2009 Leon 1.9 TDi Black Edition (FL) Project

Think he did it himself, but I'd like to know how easy/hard it is? I want to do mine aswell and quite a few people say its because it's a large area, did you remove the aerial base? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. dannychapman10

Cutting out backbox

Hi guys, As most of you know, we have a composites company making us some fibre glass parts, one being a rear diffuser. I'm thinking of cutting out the back box and just having a straight piece of pipe with a large oval tip on the end, K1 style, on my standard bumper. Now the tfsi engines have...
  18. dannychapman10

I now have my xenon headlights... fitting???

It should do, I'm pretty sure the bulbs aren't D2S because the D1S has the ignitor attached to the bulb where as the D2S doesn't. Those ballasts are designed to fit in the gap underneath the headlight. I'd have a look at my standard Cupra ballasts, but I can't see an easy way to get to them...
  19. dannychapman10

IIRC the bulbs are d1s and these should be right for them http://www.convert2xenon.co.uk/oem-xenon-ballasts/234-35w-12v-hid-d1s-d1r-xenon-ballast.html I don't know whether they'll need coding, I think they will Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. dannychapman10

Kufatec adaptors are normally what people use. You'll also have to get some ballasts that'll fit the bulbs used in the Xenons, try ebay etc. Not sure whether they'll need coding, but have a search as this has been covered extensively.