Search results

1. Ibiza FR TDi or Fiesta ST?

Autocar mag have the ST as 0-60=7.8, 0-100=21.8 and the FR petrol as 0-60=7.6, 0-100=21.4 which makes them pretty even in my book. Not suprising really as both cars have the same power and virtually identical weight.
  2. Ibiza FR TDi or Fiesta ST?

I think 'destroys' is maybe a bit of a exaggeration to say the least, both actually have very similar straight line acceleration.
  3. Revo on a 100bhp

The two I know of are McVickers, which is off the Saintfield road in south Belfast (I think thats right :confused: ), or DS Autos in Antrim which is the RR Dave Wishart uses when doing the remaps. AFAIK McVickers RR is a bit of an antique though. Ive been in Bangor just a couple of times on...
  4. Revo on a 100bhp

I think most RR are about £30-£50 for a run but I might be wrong, are you form Belfast?
  5. Revo on a 100bhp

Oh right I see, I thought it was the case that all 100pd engines could be remapped to the same sort of power and the ones with less power as standard just got bigger increases.
  6. Revo on a 100bhp

Surely it doesnt matter what your car has as standard, a remap should produce the same sort of figure for a 100pd thats putting out 120bhp as one thats putting out 100bhp?
  7. Revo on a 100bhp

The smoke seems to have died down a good bit now and is probibly no worse than any other remapped TDI now (only really noticable at night in the headlight of the car behind). When it was first done the soot was pretty bad but for some reason it thankfully seems to have settled which I am pleased...
  8. New diesel engines

I read that VW are going to be bringing out a performance version of their new pd engine next year. I think it will have around 170bhp. Considering the weight of the new Golf, I dont think it will be that impressive but in the likes of an Ibiza, that would be a different story, God knows when...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise