Search results

1. benny91

pedal box replacement :( costs?

who did you get to weld yours pj? i see your in hampshire i could go and make a trip. The garage are replaceing it with a brand new box again foc. so i will let them fix it and take it straight to a welders and get it strengthened up a bit i reckon
  2. benny91

But isnt there a fair amount of labour to pay in taking it back out to have welded and put back in? Ive dropped an older broken box in to a local welders to see what he can do, but my problem is I can't afford the labour to replace the box yet again, cost nearly half the value of the car the...
  3. benny91

Surely my contract is with the garage to fix a fault with my car, so if they fitted faulty parts or for whatever reason the problem isn't fixed, I shouldn't have to pay out any more labour should I? And if given the choice, should I accept another brand new box, or ask him to fit the old box...
  4. benny91

Anyone know what position Im gunna be in with the garage? am I liable to pay the labour costs again, despite it only being in a week or so ago. If i get the current box welded and strengthened up, can i claim the cost of the new box from SEAT as would it be under a parts warranty? regards
  5. benny91

I dont know, the garage recommended replacing it the first time, but im not paying for another bracket 2 weeks after i replaced another broken one. Its mad. Ill ask them to remove this one, source a replacement from seat free of charge under warranty, and before fitting it, if they could weld or...
  6. benny91

ok well after having my new car spent its first week of its new life with me in a garage for a cracked pedal box, a bill of over £500. I get the car back, 6 days later BANG clutch hits the floor and dosent come back up please dont tell me this is the same problem or its gunna be ridiculous...
  7. benny91

Exhaust?

ive just brought myself a used cupra exhaust to put on, thought its worth a try, and believe me anythings better than the poweflow 4" monstrosity thats on my new car atm haha
  8. benny91

Wheel Colour Change - Ideas Please

secong for anthracite :)
  9. benny91

Exhaust?

i heard it sounds quite nice, and is usually cheaper than a custom jobby, is that true?
  10. benny91

s3 alloys on my mk 3?

Got a chance to get a set of s3 alloys and tyres off a good mate at a sweet price however unsure if i could fit them. Right ive had a search, and not entirely sure i understand whats previously been discussed, i know someone else had the same idea back in 2008 but the thread came to an abrupt...
  11. benny91

well agreed on a price with the mechanics, cant believe theyre trying to fob me off, as they're a very helpful and pleasant bunch of chaps £300 for pedal box clutch cable and bushes replacement and labour, and a new thermostat which was the other job i needed doing so just gotta bite the...
  12. benny91

well popped into the garage to see how my clutch issue was going, turns out need a new box :( he said its a fairly common problem, and ive read a lot of information on here about it. now im in no position to 'have a go' at fixing it myself, much rather leave it to the garage, but they've...
  13. benny91

yet another clutch issue

also, temp gauge is acting bit eraticly just putting together a shopping list on eurocrparts would that be the engine temp sensor or the coolant temp switch or are the the same thing just different branding? tah
  14. benny91

yet another clutch issue

thanks mate
  15. benny91

yet another clutch issue

do i need to take the pedal out to check the plastic washers do you know?
  16. benny91

yet another clutch issue

well picked up my new ibiza last night, and aside from a far too large and loud exhaust which i will sort, the only other problem is the clutch now before anyone says, i have searched and read through lots of helpful material on this site about the clutch problems with the mk 3 however...
  17. benny91

replacing my ibiza

sold my 1.4 with 146k on the clocks and a couple of niggly faults and for an extra couple of hundred got this one with 103k and not as many of the niggly faults happy days!
  18. benny91

replacing my ibiza

with another one! sold mine, and spent a week deliberating over what to replace it with..but settled on another mk3 when i saw a nice one for sale on another forum http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l241/spudalex101/For%20Sale/DSC05489.jpg anyone recognise it? only thing is with this...
  19. benny91

1.4 cat/exhaust

powerflow did my a sports cat replacement for my dead standard cat on my 1.4 for £300 fully fitted. Duno how much 'power' difference it makes, but as good as/better than standard for 70 smackers less than stealer wanted
  20. benny91

Poll-fan fuse on battery melted/replaced or not?

does anyone else find themselves driving around with a spare green blade fuse in the ashtray, dreading the day it happens again?? or is that just me haha
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise