Search results

1. smokeyjoe

ASV engine swap with ARL

Yeah it catastrophically failed on the way home from purchase snapped number 2 o 3 rod. So I'm taking this opportunity to swap to pd and go for 6 speed transmission also.
  2. smokeyjoe

ASV engine swap with ARL

That's a no brainer lol I can definitely immobilize the ECUs anyway
  3. smokeyjoe

ASV engine swap with ARL

Hi guys after some advice I've just recently acquired a mk3 Ibiza 6k2 tdi with the asv engine in it I'm not sure if the model of car is available in the us but. I'm basically going to buy a donation car so that I have everything there that I might need. Has anyone ever carried out this...
  4. smokeyjoe

Mpg gauge and trip computer wrong

Hi folks wasn't to sure where to put this just purchased an Ibiza fr tdi 6l and the mpg gauge miles left in tank and trip computer appear to be very wrong. RPM and speedo appear to be correct, I filled car up yestardy and was expecting it to say something like 500miles left instead it said...
  5. smokeyjoe

chipped uk ST3

Hi folks by any chance would someone on here happen to have drivers for the chipped uk ST3 box ive purchased one second hand but i cant acces the box with my pc to load the appropriate files. thanks in advance.
  6. smokeyjoe

Mk1 Ibiza diesel engine swap

It's fair to say it's a pretty big job then not just a case of swapping everything thing over a donor vehicle is almost a must it sounds like. Everything sounds doable apart from the engine mount side of thinks that's something I'm gonna have to get made the 6k/2 ibizas are rare as it is I...
  7. smokeyjoe

Yeah I was thinking that the only thing I'd be concerned about is drives hubs engine mounts etc I don't mind getting a donation car for all the parts needed but I don't want to have to get stuff custom made if you know what I mean
  8. smokeyjoe

Anyone ever tried to fit a ASZ/ARL engine into mk1 1.9d mk1 Ibiza I know ECU and loom would need changed but what else needs changing?
  9. smokeyjoe

Pd130 blue smoke when deceleration

Looks like I'm the only one with this issue lol. Could it be valve stem oil seals
  10. smokeyjoe

Pd130 blue smoke when deceleration

Hi folks been a wile since i posted on here but I know there's bound to be someone that has had the same problem as me and knows how to fix it Here goes I've got a pd130 got turbo dynamics md376 turbo hybrid 150 turbo as far as I know front mount intercooler egr delete full miltek exhaust...
  11. smokeyjoe

bullet proof 1749VB

Hi mate I got fed up to blow it I replaced it with an xman turbo it still lives lol feels fairly tight aswell a little oil on the compressor housing thats about it.
  12. smokeyjoe

hybrid turbo no cooooo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OGaUCY_OjAc Hi Dan pretty loud as you can here ive never actually heard the car from outside lol it is extremely loud though I have managed to set of a car alarm with my exhaust on the limiter the turbo was new at Christmas there I've got a little smoke but id...
  13. smokeyjoe

hybrid turbo no cooooo

It is a vnt turbo just a larger one.
  14. smokeyjoe

hybrid turbo no cooooo

Hi folks bit of a strange question that I'm not sure wether or not it was asked before but ive had my gt1856 fitted for a few months no and only just realising that it doesnt make the usually vnt cooo on throttle lift off I'm in no way complaining I'm happy with the turbo and has Stuck some...
  15. smokeyjoe

bullet proof 1749VB

Ok bit of a strang question bout 6 or 7 months I notice my turbo getting very Smokey and starting to whistle so u said I'm gona try blow the fecker because couldn't really sell the turbo the so adjusted the map so it was boosting 2bar see how long it last after 6 or 7 months later the turbo...
  16. smokeyjoe

popcorn limiter

The hardcut tends to be the harsh one its hardcut for a reason it aggressively cuts the fuel in a small rpm gap the popcorn limiter is the safe one all the pd motors actually come out of the factory with popcorn limit its just that the fuel is cut slightly before the factory limit therefor...
  17. smokeyjoe

Pairing ecu without old exu

Hi folks having a little ecu trouble basically I had sent th old ecu away for a duel EPROMs setup so I could have switchable maps on the fly instead of using vcds to switch between codeblocks I since realised I should have stuck to the latter. Anyway the ecu got lost in the post I had another...
  18. smokeyjoe

ARL running issues acfer installing hybrid

Only 1.7bar at the moment so not spectacular but there is 220k on the engine and I assume the intercooler and pipes have been there from new do need a dog bone mount though there's a shocking amount of play in that. Have done the self tapper route before in other cars very crude but does in a...
  19. smokeyjoe

:clap::) no worries Dan will do I'm amazed the stock intercooler and clips are holding up.
  20. smokeyjoe

Yeah I'm aware of that Dan I 90% of the time only tune manual codeblock except for passats or audis basically the longitudinal engines because for some reason they don't always use the manual codeblock I remember a few years ago I started noticing this I have come across a handful of cars that...