Search results

1. Fitting a towbar to a 2003 Cupra - anyone done?

Hi, I’m looking to fit a towbar to my 2003 Leon Cupra and have two options:- Online Towbars / Anker : “E6322” Towbars UK: “TVW616” Has anyone ever fitted either of these and can tell me of their experiences before I decide which one to get? Thanks, Sean :confused:
  2. Putting a new aerial from roof to dash

Hi, I was wondering if anyone’s got experience of installing a new aerial in a Mk1 Leon Cupra? Not just the aerial in the roof but also all the cables to the head unit….. I’ve recently bought a Pure DAB 260DBi and have Halfrauds primed to fit it for me next Saturday – they’ll just put an...
  3. Cupra Mk1 - Removing/Replacing Lower Engine Mounts

Hi, Had a new clutch fitted recently and had the PAS pipe leaking and lower engine mount worn as advisorys. Is there a thread on here that shows how to remove and replace engine mounts please? Thanks!
  4. Clutch Sound - Cupra 2003

Hi, Probably a stupid question, but when you depress the clutch pedal in a 2003 Leon should there be a "servo" type noise that only goes when you take your foot off the pedal? Mine's done it for years making me think it's normal but I wanted to check with other owners... Thanks...
  5. Strange gutlessness at 1/4 tank..!

Hi all, Any ideas what could be happening with my 03 petrol Cupra? A while back my fuel pump packed up so a local garage fitted a new one - job done or so I thought. Occasionally when I got to 1/4 tank of fuel if I was in 5/6th at the regular revs and put my foot down then nothing would...
  6. Cupra Fuel Pump questions

I have a Leon Cupra 1.8T 20V on an 03 plate and last night the fuel pump packed up on me once I’d parked up and stopped the engine. The AA guy gave the fuel tank a thump and got it working again so I was able to get home. I then tried the same procedure and it’s not working so it looks like I...
  7. Plastic panel in scuttle?

Hi all, On my 03 Leon Cupra there's a small matt plastic panel in the scuttle (the surround around the windscreen where the windscreen wipers are). This panel has cracked and has a hole in it - I've taped it up with gaffer tape for the time being but does anyone know what purpose it...
  8. Sub Zero Ice SS3322....?!

Hi, While looking at head units last night I came across the following: http://www.saxon-brands.com/viewprod-ss3322.php Has anyone got one of these and if so are they any good? I was attracted by the graphic equalizer!!!! Thanks, Sean
  9. Aura to Alpine?

Hi all, On the back of my Aura code experience I want to get a new head unit - I was think of a DAb one but I don't listen to that much DAB so have decided on an MP3 unit with a single cd. I like the idea of an Alpine - can anyone vouch for them? Halfords seem to have some good stereos...
  10. Anyone ever fitted a driver's seat airbag?

Hi all, Was just wondering if anyone had ever removed a deployed airbag from the driver's seat then put a new one in? Surely it's just disconnect the battery, take the old one out, put the new one in then re-connect the battery? I have a code reader, so presumably plug that in, clear...
  11. How many has yours done?

How many miles has your Leon done then? Curious to see what mileages are out there!
  12. Motorhog

Hi, I was wondering if anyone's used Motorhog for spares and if they are any good? I'm after a Cupra Driver's seat and they have a couple, but looking on the web their reviews aren't good. Thanks. Sean
  13. Airbag Write Off?

Hi, I was a muppet on the 19th and kerbed my LCR which resulted in the driver's seat airbag going off, the seatbelt pre-tensioner dying and a small dent on the alloy with a gash in the tyre. I decided to go through the insurance so it's waiting to be accessed - has anyone else done...
  14. Seat Standard 6 Disc MC - USB Friendly?

Hi all, Apologies if this question has already been asked, but I was curious to find out whether the standard Seat 6 disc Multichanger Stereos that come in Cupras (well 2003 and 2004 models) are USB compatible, ie. do they have the option to plug an I-Pod in to the stereo via USB? I'm...
  15. Test Driving a Leon having never driven one

Hi all, I liked the idea of a Diesel Leon 130 SE but am now thinking of a 1.8T 20V Cupra instead. Members of my family reckon I should go to a Seat Main Dealer and do the following: 1) Drive a 1.6 Petrol Leon for instance - a car I'm not after 2) Drive a 1.8T 20V Cupra - a car I'm...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.