Search results

1. Leon Cupra TDi - PS195 (Hopefully more soon!)

Hi I got it from SFS Performance. www.sfsperformance.co.uk. It did make a difference to the performance as the original is very restrictive, and if you could hold and take a good look around this one, it allows a lot more air flow. It also makes the car sound a lot better, the air...
  2. Clutch Nightmare - Any help appreciated.

Yes I certainly do. There is no Slave Cylinder listed. I shall check the manufacturers instructions, but I have otherwise been advised by every mechanic I've spoken to including both Will and Steve that it is "standard practice". Although Steve did try and backtrack today and say that he only...
  3. Clutch Nightmare - Any help appreciated.

Indeed. I wouldn't be claiming under warranty, anyway - but technically P-Torque / VWR caused me to invalidate the "labour warranty" by not supplying the Slave Cylinder which both Will and Steve told me separately is standard practice. Yes that's what I'm doing. I'm buying a Sachs kit...
  4. Clutch Nightmare - Any help appreciated.

Doesn't look like it. There are some photos i linked to in one of my previous posts, see what you think, I'm not familiar with what they should or shouldn't look like. Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
  5. Clutch Nightmare - Any help appreciated.

Update. I had a meeting today with Will from P-Torque and Steve from VW Rescue. Conversing with them was difficult. Steve was irate and emotional with a very short fuse. Will was calm, but Steve kept speaking over him - even when Will seemed like he was trying to make suggestions as how to...
  6. Clutch Nightmare - Any help appreciated.

Yes I have told them I have a complaint registered with Trading Standards. Apparently the pressure plate cracking is due to heat caused by the slipping (actually makes sense for once). I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of photos of your flywheel thanks :-) Yeah, the friction plate does...
  7. Clutch Nightmare - Any help appreciated.

Just got back from VW Rescue with photos. See here: http://imgur.com/a/1Wx7u I couldn't see any cracking on my pressure plate. I spoke with John. I asked about the new flywheel causing the problem. He explained a similar thing to what Steve explained to me. To be honest, I think he was just...
  8. Clutch Nightmare - Any help appreciated.

Just spoke with Will from P-Torque. He got really nasty. He's not interested in replacing my clutch and is saying that I've either driven it badly or my flywheel damaged it. I told him what he said to me before; that if the clutch has failed then he will replace it - as he suspected it had oil...
  9. Grahams81-Leon 4wd, Big Turbo - Back in the saddle :-)

Wow. Grass is always greener; now I'm wishing I got into engineering as opposed to electronics! Good work & best of luck with it.
  10. Clutch Nightmare - Any help appreciated.

Thanks for your time grahams81. Certainly seems like that's what they're trying to do. That's what I thought. I do actually have my old flywheel, and it's not badly grooved. It was replaced because it was seizing i.e. becoming solid/single mass - and wasn't taken in because it was a problem; it...
  11. Clutch Nightmare - Any help appreciated.

Sorry I don't know where it's cracked. I haven't seen it yet. I'll be seeing it tomorrow. I'll take photos of all of the associated parts, and I'll be sure to record the conversation (talking) too. I would have recorded the phone call but they rang and caught me off guard. So far I'm...
  12. Clutch Nightmare - Any help appreciated.

Complaint is already registered to Trading Standards from when it started slipping. I have yet to update Trading Standards. Complaint letter will be prepared in due course following a conversation with both PTorque and VW Rescue tomorrow.
  13. Clutch Nightmare - Any help appreciated.

@big_rich Not even close. It only slips when mashing the go-pedal. I've been driving it VERY carefully and I do NOT let it slip. Granny style. No long journeys either, and minimal usage.
  14. Clutch Nightmare - Any help appreciated.

Thanks for replying. Steve from VW Rescue told me this, just this evening.
  15. Clutch Nightmare - Any help appreciated.

Hi guys. Thanks for reading. My nearly 1k Sachs Organic Racing clutch (friction and pressure) is slipping. It's less than 3 years old with under 25k on it. It was supplied by Performance Torque and fitted by VW Rescue. They did not advise me to have, and did not include, a replacement slave...
  16. ARGHHHH: Engine Speed Sensor / Crackshaft Positioning Sensor

hi mate, sorry for short reply, I'm on my phone. yes its the same sensor. there's a few different names for it. DO NOT get a non-genuine part. my garage tried one first before the genuine and when my engine got to 3000 rpm it had a fit, kind of cut out for a sec, and about a million lights...
  17. Allards PD150 Intercooler Pipework Fitting...

Yeah - that looks like the photo I took of my pipe. You'll get them from SFS. "SFS Performance"
  18. Allards PD150 Intercooler Pipework Fitting...

Sorry not sure what you meant. Well I don't have any Allard pipes, but if it helps I've taken a pic of mine and popped it on Flickr for your reference: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sly-d/5083514180/
  19. Allards PD150 Intercooler Pipework Fitting...

The bend that comes off the EGR, and sits on the brake fluid is a reversed question mark shape ? Bare in mind that you have to cut some SFS pipes to fit...
  20. Leon mk1 standard sound system ratings..?

Yep, I did have quite the giggle when I heard the noise of it stattering then ran over to find glass in his hair. He "knew" what he was doing though, and refused my assistance. I don't think he found it as amusing as I did, especially as I repaired my rear electric window mechanism in my Leon...