Search results

1. downrodeo

Please help me choose alloys

Fortunately when u buy hubcentrics they usually tend to give you longer bolts with them. Driving up to Glasgow 2morow so its going to be tricky trying to sort this out. I may just chuck cheap 5mm craps onto the back for now if I find the hub lip clears them enough to support the wheel. Really...
  2. downrodeo

Well it's mainly just the added expense. Hubcentric spacers seem to be about £50 per pair. So if I want to space out both front and back, looking at around £100 more!
  3. downrodeo

Will do it tomorrow now as its too dark for anything decent. Pain in the arse about the spacers. Going to take the wheel off and measure the hub contour to see how deep it is, unless someone on here already knows?
  4. downrodeo

OK, so I've got good news and I've got bad news. The good news is that I've got the alloys. The bad news is that the ET38 were in the 4 stud fitment. The 5 stud were ET42 (as you already figured out). The even worse news is that my old alloys were ET35, so the difference is quite noticeable...
  5. downrodeo

17s, but they have them in 18 too (not sure about offset but i'm guessing he'll have it in the right offset. http://www.hotlinemotorsports.com/ Got them in gunmetal, but from a cursory glance he had white as well as black with red lip in stock too. Will post up a pic of them mounted on the...
  6. downrodeo

Yes Tubby, like those wheels, but don't like their price :p
  7. downrodeo

Hi Paul! I have good news for you. Just bought the Inovit ST6 with 38 offset :) Got them for the same price as potn.co.uk but without the stupidity. I say got, but I haven't really got them yet. The store has them in stock in their Manchester branch, and will have them shipped down to...
  8. downrodeo

Hi Buddy, I haven't been able to get much further because of POTN wasting my time and messing me around. However, on their faq they do say these are available on an ET38 offset.. but I'm not sure whether or not to trust that. Going to shop that stocks them locally for same price tomorrow, will...
  9. downrodeo

I'd like compomotives but a bit more expensive and significantly heavier i believe. Phoenix I found those here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110419033139&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
  10. downrodeo

Yeah how comes?
  11. downrodeo

Well unfortunately I haven't received a confirmation of my cancellation either or the money back yet. They're bloody useless. They've ignored all my emails but as soon as I launched a paypal dispute the status of my order went from 'checking' to 'fail'. Anyway, I'm glad I paid through paypal as...
  12. downrodeo

Just an update on this - tried to order the wheels suggested by sambryant from potn.co.uk - please steer clear of these lot. Took the money, then completely ignored me for several days. They promise 'next day delivery' or if that's not possible someone will call to inform you. I've heard...
  13. downrodeo

Ah, those are the ones I thought were 16inch. Not a fan of those personally. I'm ok to spend 300-400 pounds - when I said I didn't have a huge budget I meant I couldn't afford something like BBS LM's which are more like £500 second hand. I don't think these are so flashy (in gunmetal, not white)
  14. downrodeo

Do you mean like these?
  15. downrodeo

Well I already have 17s, quite happy with them to be honest. Only changing now because one got buckled in Romania, and the others are in pretty bad shape cosmetically. Was thinking of getting them refurbed but decided I'd just get a new set. Also, don't like the look of 16inch cupra oem wheels...
  16. downrodeo

Right, i think we may have a winner (inovit st).
  17. downrodeo

Ooooh I like those! Did you have to get hubcentric spacers?
  18. downrodeo

Cruise control problems

Ah well, enjoy your cruise :) Will make long journeys that little bit easier
  19. downrodeo

You're right. Sadly i need to stick to 17s for all those bumpy roads in eastern europe (and london!) I just think some wheels pull off 17 better than others. The rs4s look amazing on your car, but i think they'd just look a bit weird at 17, others look okayish though. Kyle yeah i'm thinking...
  20. downrodeo

Cruise control problems

Bollocks. I just re-read my own response. What I was trying to imply there was that it was the clutch sensor as you weren't getting any feed back from it, but I didn't make myself very clear. I got confused between the box you initially mentioned and the one you're pointing out now with the 6...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.