Search results

1. 1.9tdi diag need your help...

Not strictly a Leon, but as this seems to have everyone stumped so far opening it up to see if anyone can help... Recently bought a MY59 1.9tdi Altea and I've got a unknown noise. Been out with a SEAT technician couple of days ago who could hear the noise... but not sure what it is or where...
  2. SEAT experts, need your help with a whine (Not the Pinot type!)

Do either of your noises occur under similar conditions, eg light throttle only, disappear when clutch depressed?
  3. SEAT experts, need your help with a whine (Not the Pinot type!)

Don't know sorry... Test drove car and didn't notice the whine, test drive was around town (30mph) and dual carriage way (60-70) so probably would have missed it even if present before. When I came to collect car week later the belt & WP done as part of purchase.
  4. SEAT experts, need your help with a whine (Not the Pinot type!)

Just bought a MY59 1.9 Altea XL from a Dealer and I got a unknown noise. Not sure if annoying "characteristic" of this model or something is failing. Had a road test with a SEAT technician today, can hear the noise no problems... but no idea what it is or where its coming from. Sounds a...
  5. dog bone engine mount

Easily done in under an hour.. did save quite a lot of time as I don't have an undertray on :) Recon you'd be closer to hour and half by the time you'd taken off and refitted one of those. Book time is only 1hr for both engine mounts, I reused my bolts.. same as most people. As for the...
  6. dog bone engine mount

Yep! Poly bush is cheaper, but you have the hassle of fitting it. I had loads of vibration problems when I had a poly bush, I know others have had mixed success. Recon it took bout forty minutes with a jack and a couple of tools to fit both engine and dogbone mounts.
  7. dog bone engine mount

I've got the full THS engine mount kit, I previously had an uprated poly bush but had cabin vibribrations at low revs. Thought might as well do the whole lot. THS's FR3 kit is supposed to be 30% stiffer than stock, don't anyway of messuring it though. I know it's reduced wheel hop and car...
  8. Stage 2 with original LCR backbox

Friday we're off to edition38... so won't be then.
  9. fitted sub box for Leon boot

I'm not sure I should say yes... feeling like a bit of a nerd :redface: I'd been looking into doing this recently too, what sort of price do people think is more reasonable.
  10. Which websites do I get Tyres from?

camskill mytyres blackcircles
  11. £20 unleaded = 70 miles??? oh dear

£20 to 70miles ?? How much per litre?, without makes it difficult to compare... £20 will see me for 80-90 miles (fuel £1.12pl) on an LCR
  12. lcr downpipe and cat

Same as S3 as well.
  13. lcr downpipe and cat

Stock one on the right...
  14. Candy white with black wheels

Reply to how do I search?.... Click on search button at the top ;) Just put in keywords for what you want eg. white black wheels
  15. Pictures of cars that you've owned.

well after a couple of private cars... I got stuck with company cars (so no actual pics) until the LCR
  16. Cheap LCR Prices :]

Anyone who fits cheapo tyres to their car should be shot! The Falkens are the only ones I'd even consider on that list.
  17. Air horns!

There all a bit :gay: what you really want is one of these.... Train Horn check out the demo video :cartman:
  18. Light bulbs under warranty?

If its just the bulb.. it would probably cost more in fuel to go the dealers than just to buy a bulb replace it yourself ;)
  19. Wider tyres for alloys (Better Grip?)

205/60/15 would give you a -1.1% overall diameter. 215/60/15 would give you a +0.8% overall diameter. both are well within the usual max of +or- 2.5% Wider tyres give more grip, but also more friction so slow you down at higher speeds.
  20. Insurance?

Not declaring your mods, then posting the fact you haven't on a public forum... Not really the best plan ;) I've just done my renewal, everything declared including Revo, got change from £500 (greenlight) If you had a £600 set of wheels, you'd want them covered. I want my £600 software...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members