Search results

1. alesi27

Bye bye FR.....

No longer an owner of an mk2 FL FR TSi DSG... Thanks to a dozy driver who drove straight through a STOP sign.. we still have the mk3 so I won't be leaving this site as thanks to it I had a dash camera fitted, which sorted the developing question of liability within 20 mins... Main thing is no...
  2. alesi27

Is there an Audi forum that's anyway near as good as this one?

Seeing as my 2010 FR 2.0TSI DSG was wrote off thanks to a dozy wagon driving quickly through a STOP sign, I now only have one SEAT in the household. (The wifes Mk3 1.2TSI Reference) Thanks to this forum, I had a Dash camera fitted that settled the argument of who was at fault within 20 mins...
  3. alesi27

Water in bootlid. Leaking window?

Two weeks ago after what seemed like a month of heavy rain and a power wash I noticed the car had a lot of condensation. Then I opened the boot and water was pouring from the lid itself out the join between boot lid and plastic cover. At this point I also discovered a small swimming pool in the...
  4. alesi27

Key Fob not working after battery change - NO RED LIGHT on fob

Hi all, Need some help here. Did a search but my problem is different as LED not blinking. 2013 Leon Reference with 2 remote keys. Warning on dash to replace key battery soon. Bought correct battery, 2025, opened one key and replaced battery. Key did not work after battery change. Red...
  5. alesi27

Updating maps on RNS510, do I also need a Sw/Fw update?

Hi folks, long time away, back again. Sorry if this is the wrong section. IN addition, VWNavi is down and I'm getting desperate! Have an original VW RNS510. I think it's version 6 or 7 maps. Bought from ebay about 6 years ago. Was advertised as "Version B, SW Version: 2760, Will fit...
  6. alesi27

Couple of questions on Leon 3 Reference (S model in UK)

Loving the new Leon. Still prefer the FR though! Are all Reference models (S models in the UK) pre-wired for front Fog lights? Mine.. er.. wife's car doesn't have them. Going by the online configurator they are only a €200 factory option on the Reference, and I've seen a few with them fitted...
  7. alesi27

I've won a Leon 3 Reference!

Whoo hoooo! SEAT Ireland ran a competition here in May/June; test drive any new SEAT and enter a draw for a new Leon. Well, guess who won! I've known for a week but I couldn't say anything until the official announcement, but as I'm being presented the car at 2:30 today I figured I could...
  8. alesi27

97 cordoba green paint code & name?

Hi lads, anyone know the name and code for this green used on Cordobas and Ibizas in 1997? http://www.ooyyo.net/detail/c=CD5A2F7114D2854F111B976FBB7C2552CB0B1D79FAD08677103FF6/-1893062057969918802.html/ Pics; Cheers, Roy
  9. alesi27

New model Toledo section? Any owners yet?

Surely someone has one? My local dealer has flogged 4 in the last week.
  10. alesi27

Squidgy (not really squeaky but still annoying) wipers...

Squidgy sound is driving me nuts. It's not like squeaky but more like a squigdy wet aeroboard rubbing sound. Wipers are also juddering badly on the upsweep. They are newish (car is 14 months old) and I've even tried the new pair I bought from Sere Motors a few months back for the old car...
  11. alesi27

Any benefit to using Auto Glym Extra gloss protection??

When I'm getting this result using super resin polish (new formula) followed by 2 coats of Meguires gold class wax?? Would it be pointless or good practice to include EGP in between the SRP and wax? Also, is Ultra Deep Shine any better? Cheers, Roy
  12. alesi27

Can you really put F/L bumper on Pre-F/L car without changing wings?

From reading here I thought no. But this guy seems to disagree.... http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=81015&pid=795652&st=0&#entry795652 Just curious...
  13. alesi27

Some really dumb and dopey questions about my car...

Ok, bear with me. I'm on the night shift here and just about hitting the wall... it's possible this post could be censored for pure dippyness.. I've never experienced the pleasure of more than a few weeks driving an auto (on hols in the warm USA) before my DSG. So when the frozen winter...
  14. alesi27

2010 FR 2.0 TSI cambelt change?

When is this supposed to be due? Looking at the service book I got with my car, 18 month old 2.0 FR DSG, it shows some intervals where the "toothed belt" is to be inspected and changed if necessary. The only call for a mandatory change of timing belt is after the first 180,000 kms. :banned...
  15. alesi27

Going to check a 2010 F/L FR 2.0TSI tomorrow. What should I look for?

It's from a dealer and low miles. Price is good, but road tax here is horrendous. (€677 per year). 8K miles, DSG box, 17inchers. Ex SEAT Ireland car apparently. It's even the right colour. It's all depending on what he'll give me for mine. What should I be looking for? What should I...
  16. alesi27

Arrgghh! Coolant loss...

Arrghh... OK, did a search but found nothing on 1.6 petrol engines... Noticed about 8 months ago, flashing red light on temp gauge, checked level and it was just below the line on header tank so topped up with water. about 6-8 weeks back, same thing. Looked about but could not see any...
  17. alesi27

SEAT works team back to WTCC in 2013? Also, Facelift Leon in 2012 WTCC for Tarquini!

Hopefully so. More here http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97393 Also, pics of the FL Leon being tested... http://fiawtcc.com/Read_News.asp?idnews=1158
  18. alesi27

Newbie to claying

Hi all; have current car now 5 years and never clayed one before. Looking for advice on what to get. Car is Magico Black, mrs Ibiza is Mar blue, both metallic. Have been using the two bucket method for the past few years, but only learned of the badness of sponges and changed to mitts a couple...
  19. alesi27

Pre facelift FR DSG at local dealer; Should I? (Tempted..)

Took Mork's advice when I asked about tuning options for my Stylance!! http://www.carzone.ie/search/SEAT/Leon/2.0TFSi-/131106026071174/advert?channel=CARS Sooooo tempted... The free tax and servicing just about puts it in my budget. If I can knock another grand I'll defo go for it. The...
  20. alesi27

Mod Chip resistor????

Has anyone done this? http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Mod-Chip-Resistor-5-15-BHP-Seat-Ibiza-Leon-Altea-Arosa-Toledo-Cordoba-/150734608497?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item23187b9871 A; How does it work? B; is it a scam? C; any other tuning options for my 1.6?
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members