Search results

1. Bover

My first car, where do i start?

[Pretty sure the door spears are 13cm diameter, you'll need to check the depth though (with windows wound down) :)
  2. Bover

DIY front end damage, parts?

£250 compulsory, £500 voluntary. Setting a £500 voluntary excess knocked more than £500 off her premium so it was worth doing. We're both 19, so insurance isn't kind :P Radiators seem to be fine. I'm no expert mechanic but I'm sure it's just cosmetics. Tomorrow we'll know after having a...
  3. Bover

Couldn't remember for the life of me what that was called, yes it is cracked at the offside. Thanks, for the honest info, might be worth going through the insurance then.
  4. Bover

95% sure it's just cosmetic, having a trusted garage take a look at it soon to give us piece of mind.
  5. Bover

Yeah, not sure about the quarter panel, may be repairable, will have to wait until I've got a new headlight before I can tell, at the moment it's drivable to local work as we've managed to secure the bonnet and would like to keep it that way for now. Only 1 real breakers near here and it's...
  6. Bover

Greetings from Bover, home planet: Ibiza Mk2 forum. My missus drives a Mk4 ibiza.. normally down clear roads. Not normally into the back of a mercedes.. She's been advised that she will not have to pay out her £750 excess if she does not claim for her own car (I found this hard to believe...
  7. Bover

Smaller Front Numberplate

If you were to trim your current numberplate at the bottom you will more than likely remove the BSAU and the supplier information that is legally required. I assume this fancyplates makes showplates and not road legal plates. So if you can find a place that will provide these 3/4 plates with...
  8. Bover

Help needed with getting insurance for new driver

Hey, I assume this is with a full UK driver's license? and not a provisional? Otherwise you're in for an even nastier shock :ban: Top tip for from me is to research harder than he ever did for school :P.. I'm 19 years old, currently have 2 years no-claims and am driving a mk2 Ibiza 1.4l...
  9. Bover

Ordered coilovers and received these...

Ordered my coilovers on the internet, clearly stating that I needed them for a 1.4l Seat Ibiza (93-99) What I've received in the post this morning states "ROK-POLO-6N1" on the box. Clearly these are for one of these: and not one of these: I'm thinking the spring rates are not the same and...
  10. Bover

Not seen this debadged front grill before.

Yes it is on ebay... of course you may take a look... Clicky.
  11. Bover

My first car, where do i start?

My SXE came with reflector strips, I did however paint them the same colour as the car (lazuli blue) and in my opinion they came out really well. Definitely top of the mod list would have to be some nice 15/16 alloys. I am only lowering mine now after 2 years. A tasteful backbox is...
  12. Bover

Show off your mk2 ibiza :)

The polo playa comes with that dash. Kinda makes me wish I lived in south africa lol.
  13. Bover

Difference between S and SXE?

Ahh, darn, wanted ABS :S
  14. Bover

Suj's Bora...Now Standard (Workhorse), Then Tracktoy Time :D

Dental floss works a treat :) Definitely looks a lot better debadged. I'm sitting tight, ready for the unveiling of the wheels.
  15. Bover

It's to do with the trim level, but have no idea what I'll be missing out on, want to know before I travel a fair few miles to go and have a look at an S. Currently have electric windows, please tell me an S does too? :(
  16. Bover

Show off your mk2 ibiza :)

I actually didn't notice that said MOVE. Would have done after I checked in the mirror to see what the noise was :)
  17. Bover

Just rang my insurance company, will be £80 to switch from my current car to a mk2 S. £17.50 of this is an admin fee. So what is the £62.50 for? lmao. And can anyone who owns a 1.4 S around the same age let me know what their car does/doesn't have out of the list on the first post? thanks
  18. Bover

Tried this, but there's no equipment list for the SXE to make a direct comparison, I found the list for an S. But only mentions Power steering. I know they don't have air conditioning. But still none the wiser really :S Someone clipped my drivers mirror once, and when I removed the smashed...
  19. Bover

Currently got my S reg [SXE]. Looking to get another car, and have found a possibility. It's a T reg. [S] What will I be losing out on? Currently I have... ABS, central locking, Power steering, heated rear window, heated mirrors, electric adjustable mirrors, air conditioning, electric...
  20. Bover

favourite pic of your car

Ahem!?
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.