Search results

1. Removing the Dial needles

Worked a treat. Many thanks JAmes.
  2. Removing the Dial needles

Noone? JAmes.
  3. Removing the Dial needles

Anyone know how to remove the needles on the dials on the dash? I've given them a little tugg but they seem to be on quite well, didnt want to pull them too hard without checking.... Cheers JAmes.
  4. Carbon Canister Removal - Tank Ventilation??

Link the pipe up to the air box/intake. Job done. JAmes.
  5. Fuel Light Bingo.....

If your on the 1.4 8v then you should be able to get 45miles out of it without too much of a problem (albeit a bit scary) I think i've had 49 before refueling, but that was back in the days where i realised that if you just put a 5ers worth in, and then top up as soon as the light goes on you...
  6. Gearbox Noise on my Ibiza

Fix it once it breaks :) Buy a reconned box and put it in yourself. Its a old crappy engine, there cant be much to go wrong. Thats what i'm doing when mine finally gives up after getting crunched everytime im over enthusiastic and dont press the clutch fully to the floor. Mine is on 76k now...
  7. Airbag warning light and EPC

My problem was a damaged slip ring. Well, VAG said that but it could have been a loose wire, as the brake pedal sensor was also not working. I had it replaced and there was still a fault with it not resetting itself. Eventually that problem fixed itself but I had the air bag disabled, as a slip...
  8. Maintenance manuals???

But what really happened was that you went to the dealer and asked about a problem, he then printed it off and showed you it and said that you could keep a hold of the pictures. You then scanned them in and allowed others to freely access the information that was given freely to you. I'm sure...
  9. Engine Converstion

Isnt there a 4wd A3? surely its gearbox would be the one to use? that and alot of cutting and welding :) Theres a guy who's put 4x4 mondeo running gear and engine into a Ka. Anything can be done :) JAmes
  10. clutch pedal problem

I had this, popped my head underneith the dash and saw: hth. JAmes
  11. Brembos (2nd Hand)

Brake hard before the curve then :p JAmes.
  12. Batery dieing Adhoc

but it will prove IF its draining anything, thus indicating if its a battery problem or a draining problem. JAmes
  13. Batery dieing Adhoc

Can you get an ammeter? take the +ve cable off and put the ammeter between it and the battery. That will let you know how much current is being drawn when the car is off. DONT DO THIS AND TRY TO START THE CAR. Check fuses and crap like that too. Process of ellimination. JAmes
  14. Clutch pedal box - Watchdog complaint????

How many of us is there? 1 - Jammy 2 -
  15. Ibiza trouble

when the car ran did it sound ok? IF there is a smell of fuel then i'd look at either exhaust or fuel lines. Get it jacked up and pull out all the electrical connectors that you can see and put them back on. VAG-COM would be a much useful tool here if you can get a hold of it. Check the...
  16. Anti-Hijacking Switch Problem

Check for fuses first, My central locking and interior light didnt work when i got my car and it was a missing fuse. JAmes
  17. Totally Gutted.

Hey there, I hate to add this post but My friend had a hydrallic lock write off an engine last year and his insureance told him that they would not pay out as it was because of adverse weather which they had no contorl over. Make sure that they aren't going to pull the same trick on you before...
  18. Thank You For All Your Advise

Good luck with it, but the build quality and lack of being french should have swung your decision over to the cupra. I wouldnt belive MPG figures, ever, even if someone tells you thats what they get, as its simply too dependent on driving style, type of journey, number of people in the...
  19. Warming up

i would expect the thermostat to be in the plastic housing that the temp sensor goes into. This should be replaces next as its the next most cheap and will rule out it being broken. Sounds like you have an issue with it though, so i would be trying it, even if you need to pay to have it fitted...
  20. Flip Key Testin and Myths

The Mk 3 key can be found on ebay for about £20. You can take them from the VW Sharan, Ford Galaxy or Alhambra. Mine is a ford one, causes confusion if you leave the keys with a garage :) JAmes
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.