Search results

1. GainfulShrimp

Ecomotive 1.6 (2010) won't start

Good morning chaps. Long time since I've visited; my car's been behaving flawlessly for years, until this morning... Car unlocked fine and interior lights work. The powered mirrors unfolded as usual, stereo and climatronic came on - the battery must be fine, I think - but no lights on the...
  2. GainfulShrimp

Winter tyres

The winter steelies went on my Leon this week. Currently have Goodyear Ultragrip 8 on the front and Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 on the back. I've been so impressed with the UG8s that I'm 99% sure I'll replace them with the new UG9 which claims to be the same or better in every way. My rears...
  3. GainfulShrimp

Bit of an unusual one...... Max size of USB device??

I'm pretty sure it won't work - I think I found 32GB was the maximum supported, but I'm willing to be corrected. I put my music on a 32GB SDHC card and spoken word (comedy etc) on a 16GB USB stick, so I have 48GB total and I can shuffle either media without hearing comedy in the middle of music...
  4. GainfulShrimp

SEAT Bluetooth Compatability List

I might be wrong, but from memory, I think Bluetooth media streaming is only available on Media System 2.1 and above? I have Media System 2.1 and I only rarely use Bluetooth streaming - it's a nice gimmick but it uses too much battery juice on my phone and I usually can't be bothered with the...
  5. GainfulShrimp

My new Leon Ecomotive 1.6 CR SE - first thoughts

Congrats! Glad you like your CR treehugger too. I'm quite envious of your rear LEDs. :) Be aware that the computer takes a while to calibrate properly (not that it's ever as accurate as odometer+receipt mpg calculations)... so you may be getting something quite different to 62mpg in reality...
  6. GainfulShrimp

Miles per tank?

At a push and following wind etc, I got 400 miles from my TFSI FR once or twice... so 400 miles from a TDI FR should be relatively easy. Adjust your driving style and don't plant your right foot all the time, if good mpg is what you're looking for. :shrug:
  7. GainfulShrimp

Miles per tank?

Yup if it's just short distances or only town driving, I would say get a petrol. Modern diesels with DPFs don't like not being able to stretch their legs regularly... :( As for max distances per tank, with my FR 2.0 TFSI DSG, I got >400 miles on a few rare occasions but it was more like...
  8. GainfulShrimp

My new Leon Ecomotive 1.6 CR SE - first thoughts

I'm seeing nowhere like the figures in xreyuk's signature at the moment. I've changed my working hours and always seem to be late for everything, so my eco driving seems to have fallen by the wayside in favour of dashing about in a panic... :) I don't speed (much), but I'm not...
  9. GainfulShrimp

I think it's totally reliable but I can't be bothered with the faff of the procedure all the time either tbh. Certainly for short journeys, I just take my chances unless I know that I'm expecting an important call. I've not done any proper testing and recorded my results, so can't be sure that...
  10. GainfulShrimp

I have a 2010 Ecomotive with Media System 2.1 bluetooth, the same phone (iPhone 4S) and suffer the same problems as you describe. :( I have my phone in a holder (I use a Brodit Pro-clip), so I can see the screen while driving. When it "doesn't ring", the phone itself is actually ringing...
  11. GainfulShrimp

Blower on strike :(

Just wanted to report back on this to close it off... For the past two weeks I've not had chance to look at this again: either due to rain, snow, work commitments etc... and I was getting a bit fed up of freezing my nads off when sitting in heavy traffic (although it was just about warm enough...
  12. GainfulShrimp

Unfortunately I've still not had time to look again at this (it was raining heavily when I had opportunity yesterday morning). But I have another clue perhaps... when driving to work yesterday there was some bonfire smoke visible across the road ahead, so I pressed the recirculation button as...
  13. GainfulShrimp

Haha - I just couldn't find the buzzer symbol (or indeed the oC one next to it) that you described, so I checked mine vs the photo on the box and then flipped through the manual til I found the key of symbols vs functions. :) Will give it a go in the morning and let you know...
  14. GainfulShrimp

Thanks guys. I've just noticed my multimeter is subtly different to the one in the picture on the box (it's the same box and manual for several similar models) - mine doesn't have the 'continuity buzzer' function. :( But it has a diode check function and it displays 1 on the left of the screen...
  15. GainfulShrimp

Right... I unexpectedly had 30 mins free this afternoon, so grabbed my new multimeter. There's nothing like a crappy phone pic or four, so here is a shot of what you see after removing the plastic panel under the glovebox: The large connector at the middle-left of the photo is the same...
  16. GainfulShrimp

Thanks guys. I should get opportunity to try this on Thursday. I'll let you know what figures I get...
  17. GainfulShrimp

Right... I've just spent a whopping £9.99 on a Uni Trend UT30B Palm Size Digital Multimeter, which looks like this: "UT30 series multimeter is 3 1/2 digits with steady operations,fashionable structure and highly reliable hand-held measuring instrument." Obviously, it was the...
  18. GainfulShrimp

And that's why I love this forum - thanks! This morning's drive into work wasn't as cold as I'd feared - after about 15-20 miles the car does warm up a bit even with only a trickle of warm air coming out of the vents... so I can cope with a few days without the blower while I have a go at...
  19. GainfulShrimp

Thanks chaps! I think the warranty was 3 years (2 SEAT + 1 dealer) or 60k miles... And I've done 2.5yrs and 69k miles. :( I don't have much clue with electronics (I don't own a multimeter or ought). Think I'll attempt the sympathy thing at the dealer and see what they come back with...
  20. GainfulShrimp

Long time no post, sorry! Does anyone still remember me? ;) Hopefully someone might have some advice... my 10 reg 1.6CR Ecomotive SE has suddenly (since yesterday evening) decided not to blow any air through the vents, regardless of whether it's on auto or any manual fan setting, including...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise