Search results

1. Glow Plugs

Hi all, I have glow plugs in cylinder 2 and 4 that need to be replaced. Its a 2011 new shape Alhambra 2.0 which has covered 92,000 How much will the labour cost charge. At the moment if I were to change all 4 I have been quoted £160 with gaskets. Is this too expensive? £20 per glow plug...
  2. 2011 MK2 rear air vents blows cold air

Hi, Wonder if you can all help. The rear blowers only blow cold air even when turned up to max. Car has been running for over 20 mins so the car is warm. Any advice would be great! Kinjamin
  3. Tyre load rating

Hi folks I have a Seat Altea XL 2.0 TDI 170 PD 2008. Wanting to know what the load ratin is. I have been on several car tyre website and they point to a 91? 225 45 17 91w, Is this correct? On the car at the moment is a 94XL tyre. Wondering if I should go with a 91 instead? What tyres...
  4. Coolant warning comes on when I first start car and there is plenty of coolant there

Normally the sensor in the coolant tank sometimes gets corroded/contaminated which in turn gives a false reading.. It is possible to clean the metal prongs. However, if I remember the new prongs don't cost too much money to replace! Kinjamin
  5. Spare tyre/Space saver

Dear All, Going to Ireland for a week and taking the Alhambra. Does anybody know where to buy the correct steel rim with tyre. Should I buy a full size one or a space saver. My Alhambra did not come with one. Thought it be best to have one just in case! Kinjamin
  6. Run Flat tyres

Never thought about that. Is there any difference in how the suspension is setup as well. I am assuming that the run flats are slightly rigid compared with normal tyres. Therefore I am assuming the suspension is set up for Run Flats not normal tyres! Will normal tyres affect the handling...
  7. Run Flat tyres

Hi All, Just bought a used Alhambra 2011 140 TDI. Just wanted to know if anybody has replaced any yet. Aremrun flat tyres more expensive? Where are the cheapest places to buy them from. Also wish to purchase a spare wheel as well. Any advice wil be much appreciative. Kinjamin
  8. Horton SEAT - Lincoln

Aye even Dennis Horton (Oliver) himself commented on the facebook! Must be that SEAT UK told him about it! Wont be taking my car there ever! Kinjamin
  9. freetrack tyre pressures?

Thanks for looking Kinjamin
  10. freetrack tyre pressures?

Hello all! Looking for some information as the correct psi for all four tyres for a standard Freetrack 2008! Alloys are standard and tyres came with the car 225 50 17. Checked the fuel flap and all four doors for a sticker and it does not have one! Anyone who has a Freetrack can you have a...
  11. TDI 170 revs on its own

Smoke was coming out of the back! Will check the oil tomorrow! It was not as bad as the video posted but it was smokey like it though! Will post results when its in the garage but it does sound like the turbo! Kinjamin :(
  12. TDI 170 revs on its own

Thanks for the quick response! Will call roadside tomorrow and get the car delivered to garage. Seems expensive if it is a new turbo! But glad it is not my wife's life! The car is a manual geared car. I think I was lucky that I noticed that the revs climbed higher than normal before 2nd...
  13. TDI 170 revs on its own

Hello all, I have a very strange problem with my wifes car. The car had the dpf light on when my wife returned home! She complained that the car rev counter reved itself and then it returned to normal. Later on I went out it clear the DPF and changed from first to second gear and the car...
  14. clutch pedal stuck!

I had the same issue an inch from the floor! Could not change gear switch the engine off! However, I could pull the clutch pedal back. After looking to see if there had been any thing obstructing the pedal I found this see picture! This was stuck between the top where the hinge/spring...
  15. best place for dpf delete and map HELP PLEASE!!

Can't the garage clear the fault? Any respectable garage should be able to try and clear the fault first? Can I ask which garage this is? It would be advisable that the car is free of faults first. But I am sure that the garage would help you out if you as doing the DPF delete anyway? The...
  16. best place for dpf delete and map HELP PLEASE!!

http://www.w8performance.co.uk Dont know if he has the garage as he is mobile! Part of the S.h.a.r.k network! There are plenty of others that can do the dpf delete but only a handful that can do it properly! Kinjamin
  17. dpf light on after removal

JBS did that not me! It was trying to get the values down to the correct levels? I think it was to see if the sensors were not working properly? Kinjamin
  18. dpf light on after removal

Around £45 pounds. Its just a unplug and plug in as for as I can recall. The car needs to be driven until the values are low enough not to trigger the sensor! I think Kev said something like it takes 7 or 8 switching on the engine for the values to be measured correctly! Hope you get it...
  19. dpf light on after removal

The light would not go out if it a sensor fault. As far as I can remember the car will try and regen but it cannot as I am guessing that part of the map had been disabled. If it cannot do it I think 2/3 times then the car will go into limp mode (Soft) You can drive the car but it has less...
  20. dpf light on after removal

I had that problem! Went back to JBS and it was a pressure sensor. Mine was a older pressure sensor model. A new pressure sensor £45 ish pounds and an updated map loaded on the car and the car was fine. However, I had my map looked at another tuner and there was a fault code but no warning...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members