Search results

1. 2.0 TDI oil pump problems

I read about this in an Audi Magazine a while ago. It was something to watch for as the miles piled on the cars. If I recall it was because the pump has a Hex shaped drive but the drive it sits in is star shaped and only grips the flats of the oil pump drive, Over time they wear and you lose...
  2. Which tires for economy first then perfomance?

I am up and down that road most weeks, I travel from Menai up to LLanrwst.....fantastic drive back at night when the roads are quiet. The crimea up to Blanau is a cracking road aswell :-) I am off to have a look at the North wales meets thread now. On topic, I have firestones on mine and I...
  3. What alternative fuels can i use in my AHU VP37?

Have a look on here, just go to the online shop and see if your car is listed http://www.elsbett.com/
  4. morning start problems and air bubbles in the fuel line

before you do that try smearing a bit of vaseline round the hose connections on the fuel filter. Mine has air bubbles in the fuel line and it does not like a cold start but it does not sound like its as bad as yours, Mine fires up pretty quick and just chugs for a few seconds.....only when...
  5. List your 110 tdi problems!

No Problems in the 2 years I have had the car, Its got about 74k on the clock now, regular oil changes and a good belting up and down the A5 once a week seem to be doing the trick Its Leon 110TDI se
  6. Why are most diesels 1.9 or 2.0 L?

Renault used to have a 1.7litre engine, I used to have a Renault 5 with the 1.7 engine. It was a cracking little car when it was running.
  7. cam belt change

well here is the update...... A local garage has quoted me £410 to do it, The other one still has not got back to me and neither has the Independant Vag Garage Its going into the Seat dealer Tommorrow.......I will have to take it up the A**e, I am going on a Long trip over the weekend and...
  8. cam belt change

There is one independant Vag Garage about 20miles from me, I am going to give them a phone call tommorrow.......see what they are like. The local Garages have pissed me off a bit by not getting a price for me......I like to support my local garages but i cant if they wont give me a price....to...
  9. cam belt change

Just had a quote for a Cambelt change on my Leon 110tdi at my local Seat Dealer... they want £431 to do it, to me that seems a bit excessive, I have been to a few local garages but they still wont come back with a price (asked a few times now and they say they will get back to me but they...
  10. Leon Mk1 Road noise - hollow whirring right through the Car

well I picked up my Leon 110TDI (52/03 with 56,000k on the clock) on friday and have been driving it all weekend......I can hear a noise that I thought was a wheel bearing but it was changing note on different road surfaces......thats why I came on now to do a search...It seems there are a few...
  11. TDi Sport vs FR Diesel

Is the suspension stiffer than the sport because it just says suspension is 25% stiffer I assumed it was over the normal models and has the same suspension as the sport. The springs in the sport are quite stiff already its the damping and anti roll bars that are below par.
  12. I'm leaking!

I think it actually mentions this in the seat handbook. high temp and high humidity may cause condensation to form on the evaporator which is then channeled outside and can cause pools of water to form under the car. I have never seen it happen on mine so I can't be using it enough
  13. cupra r in for lpg conversion

also LPG is not as efficient as petrol so there will be a slight loss of about 4 to 5 mpg although in reality you wont notice this as the gas is so cheap it is also a lot cleaner and easier on the engine oil. Tax on lpg is creeping up now that more people are getting converted and it will get...
  14. Tuning box question

I just held mine in until it had reset itself dont know how long it was but it was about 10secs mabye a bit more.
  15. Tuning box question

my spanner came on when I fitted my tuning box aswell but as the mileage had just gone past 15,000 I thought it was due to that so I just re-set it. Also after about a week with it fitted I had it plugged into VAG-COM and it brought up a warning for a faulty fuel temp sender unit but no eng...
  16. New diesel engines

A common rail has a single high pressure pump that fills a pipe at high pressure somthing like 1600bar from this pipe each injector is fed and the injectors are controlled by the ecu very similar to the fuel injection system on a car. PD is a low pressure electric pump ( about 3 bar) which...
  17. climate control tricks

I was looking in the leon section and they can get various bits of information up by pressing varous buttons on the climate control consul. Is there anything like this that you can do on the ibiza cc consul all I can do is change from deg c to deg F any Ideas.
  18. When should the INSP warning come up?

did mine yesterday 1 hold the reset button in with ign off 2 keep button held in and switch on ign 3 keep reset held in for over 10 secs and it resets its self
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.