Search results

1. aBoijj

Seat Leon fr Software issue

Personally speaking, I'd go with the erase all settings and then customise from there. Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
  2. aBoijj

iPhone contacts - some not showing

Do they all have phone numbers? Can't remember which phone it was with but I remember thinking the same thing with mine one day and it turned out that those that were missing either didn't have phone numbers, or there was some issue with how I'd entered the number.
  3. aBoijj

VCDS - How To Guides - MK3 Leon 5F

Partially incorrect - the presence of sat nav is irrelevant in this case. I have sat nav but because I don't have the Navi System Plus (as Seat call it) I can't play video. Navi System Plus can play videos up to 720p as long as they are in a supported format. Source: Seat "Media System Plus -...
  4. aBoijj

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

What option do you use for which sat nav system you're downloading for?
  5. aBoijj

Glass scratch but not a scratch as such

I can't say for sure that it wouldn't allow a piece of grit to be pushed across the glass, but in the three winters I've been using it, it's been a champ - no obvious sign of degradation on the metal (the plastic handle doesn't take too kindly to being bashed though)
  6. aBoijj

Glass scratch but not a scratch as such

This happened to me with my old Leon - as above, I was using a plastic scraper back then. Now I use a scraper with a brass blade - got it from eBay (search "Murska")
  7. aBoijj

High pitch whine when ignition on

The priming of the fuel pump is essentially it doing the same thing as it does when the engine is running, just pre-pressurising the fuel lines before the engine is started. Once the engine is running, the engine noise often drowns this kind of thing out. With the ignition on and engine not...
  8. aBoijj

High pitch whine when ignition on

Fuel pump priming? Haven't noticed my FR doing it, but I can't guarantee that it doesn't.
  9. aBoijj

New leon FR 1.4 with some minor issues

The sigh when you turn off the ignition worried me at first, now it just amuses me - kind of reminds me of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
  10. aBoijj

what have you done to your car today ?

Traded it in for a Mk3 because I'd reached the end of my patience with it. Technically that was Saturday though.
  11. aBoijj

Keyou fob/remote locking only unlocking drivers door following jump start last week

I know this is an old post, but it hasn't been answered and I know the answer. Assuming nothing else has changed (and no parts have suddenly become faulty) the solution is to simply disconnect the negative terminal from the battery for 30 minutes or more. Be aware that the fuel economy data...
  12. aBoijj

How does a Leon MK1 compare to a Golf MK4?

I had a GT TDI (PD130) and it drove like a sofa round the twisted country lanes I use on my commute (national speed limit). I never felt confident cornering at speed in that car, even after lowering it on new shocks and adding a rear ARB. The Leon (Cupra TDI, PD150) handles much better than the...
  13. aBoijj

Boost pipe solutions 1.9 ARL

I can't pretend to know much about the differences, but the obvious difference is that the Darkside version has alloy end tanks rather than the plastic end tanks on the OEM version... but then I'd imagine that you have already figured out that out for yourself. I bought the Darkside version...
  14. aBoijj

Boost pipe solutions 1.9 ARL

I replaced mine with the Darkside Developments pipe kit. Very happy with it. I did the S3 intercooler too, but that was much more work than I expected it to be and so I wouldn't recommend it unless you have problems with the standard item, or are going for big power. Sent from my Nexus 6...
  15. aBoijj

Temperature light

Didn't know that. I can relax now, I've learnt something today! Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  16. aBoijj

Temperature light

On mine it only occurred when the temperature was low and the engine was cold. Bizarre, I know, because it shouldn't matter if the contacts are dirty. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  17. aBoijj

Temperature light

I had that for a while too - scraping the contacts worked for me. Obviously, check the coolant level and top up to the maximum mark (when cold), if necessary. Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  18. aBoijj

Clutch replacement

I bought a Sachs for mine about 3 years ago - went for plate, cover, dual mass flywheel and slave cylinder so I wouldn't have to worry about anything else giving up in the next few years. I decided to go for something rated a bit higher than standard (I'm running a stage 1 map with a few...
  19. aBoijj

£200 Repairs to get through MOT?

Standard laser alignment at my local tyre filter is £20. Radar alignment costs a bit more but isn't worth it unless you have adjustable camber/caster Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  20. aBoijj

£200 Repairs to get through MOT?

That's not entirely unreasonable. A pair of good quality arms (with new bushes and ball joints already installed) should set you back about £70-80. I bought some last year from Car Spares - Moog branded I think. I've not bought brake hoses for a few years but I'd expect them to cost...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.