Search results

1. Fr tsi engine and dsg buying advice please

Just sold my altea tdi sport and fancy a leon fr petrol but with the dsg option . My question is are there any faults to look for when buying a dsg ? I notice some also come with the paddle shifters on steering wheel ? Are these a gimmick or should i go with just the non paddles dsg ? Also...
  2. Seat Altea cold start motor problem

Glad u replied the problem as this will be found in future searches .
  3. 2.0 TDi vibrating at idle

Just done a galaxy 1.9tdi on a 57plate with similar issue and the dmf was so shagged we had to cut the center of the dmf out to enable us to remove flywheel bolts as it had twisted round covering the bolts lol . With the dmf so worn it was affecting the engine timing causing judders/misfiring ...
  4. Closing all wibdows with key fob.

Think u have to set this up or allow it to happen via vag com settings
  5. 2.0 TDi vibrating at idle

Dual mass flywheel shagged i expect . If u put foot on clutch fully down at idle is there a noise or does noise go with foot on it ? As u bring clutch pedal up halfway and hold it there is there a noise or can you feel a vibration or judder ?
  6. door open when its not :-/

Ive just had similar fault on my drivers door ie open door and interior light doesnt come on and door open sign on dash not lit up . Its a faulty micro switch built into the drivers door latch unit at just under £100 for the part . I sprayed the latch part with electrical cleaner with door open...
  7. 1.6i remapping

Probably waste of money as wouldnt make any difference i imagine if they even do one for the 1.6 as its normaly aspirated with not much bhp from standard .
  8. Just upgraded to 312mm brakes and well worth it !

5 months on and the best upgrade ive ever done . much better then standard 288mm. Recommend to anyone especialy if youve had a remap lol
  9. Wheel spacer sizes

As above what size wheel spacers can be used with standard lenght bolts for a 2.0tdi sport altea . Was hoping 5,8 or 10mm
  10. RCD310 DAB in ALtea Freetrack

Dont think you will have battery drain issue as yours is 2008 so should be ok . Only way to find can gateway is with vag com or similar . I have an late 04 altea and want to fit a 315 or 510 but my can gateway is c version so i will have battery drain issues and need to update my gateway first .
  11. wheel spin madness

Tbh you wont stop it spinning up due to the new map and the low end torque . I just pull away as normal without flooring it until its mid revs . My traction light does its nut otherwise lol . Even going round a large roundabout in 2nd and flooring it i get the front spinning even on a hot...
  12. wheel spin madness

Mine spins up all the time after remap and i have softer pirelli winter tyres fitted which have been on for over a year and wont wear out lol . I fitted fr 17s but it goes better with 16s
  13. 2004 TDi Sport niggles.

The dog bone mount is pretty rare to go on the alteas and leons but every 6months on a renault lol . As you say drop links are easy and im very suprised you cant get the roll bar bushes seperate as seat ibiza and golfs and polos are available and all share the same bushes
  14. Strange noise after engine switch off

Thats a strange noise lol . Is it that vacum unit you touched making the noise or did you touch it to see if thats the noise ?
  15. sticky brake to soft pedal

Glad u have had progress ,and i am a vehicle technician lol . Sounds to me like trapped air in the system normaly between rear hose by axle and caliper . Can be a bummer to get air out had same issues with golfs and tourans . Good way to tell is as u have already said drive car and apply...
  16. Rear break getting hot!

Its time for new/recon calipers . Dont waste your time trying to rebuild them as its not worth the time and effort . There only about £30 each .
  17. sticky brake to soft pedal

Ok now you have explained it clearer it sounds to me that u have incorrectly set up the rear caliper by not winding the piston out . This WILL give a crap/soft pedal due to the piston is pumping out to much as you apply the footbrake and this in turn gives a crap handbrake . No need to restrip...
  18. sticky brake to soft pedal

Sounds like air in system to me . All vag group of cars can be an absolute ass to bleed after rear caliper or hose replacement . Spent hours the other week bleeding an audi tt . Brake pedal should be hard went engine off and then soft when engine running as you know as servo is being used and...
  19. Battery Choice

I have bosch on mine good batterys imo
  20. Upgreade stereo to rns310 or 315 ?

If i could find a supplier that sells them with battery drain fix , steering control ready , latest maps with speed camera and traffic cams , movies on the move etc , latest fimware updates etc etc .... Just a plug and play