Search results

1. madmonk

how many miles has everybody done??

2003 LCR just coming up to 35000 miles:D
  2. madmonk

GilMastaG. No, car was in storage for 10 years. Got it back on the road in 2014 and it had only done 12000 miles. Now used every day.
  3. madmonk

2003 LCR just done 25000
  4. madmonk

Leon fr tdi exhaust advice?

Fr+ exhaust The problem is the FR+ has the Cupra R bumpers and the exhaust cut out is in a different place to a Cupra. You need either a genuine FR+ exhaust or a Cupra R rear section. I had a Miltek LCR system fitted to my FR+, but this still had to be modified as the bends were different...
  5. madmonk

My 2003 LCR has just done 18,000miles. Been in storage for seven years and before that it was my second car, so did not get used. It has been back on the road since July last year.
  6. madmonk

Raising my exhaust - How?

Fit LCR exhaust rubers/hangers. They are more heavy duty than the Cupra ones, so the backbox wont hang as low.
  7. madmonk

03 LCR 11.5K :) plus 55 FR+ 44K
  8. madmonk

pedal vibration 04 leon tdi

If the vibration is through the clutch pedal then it could be your dual mass flywheel. Just had mine changed and this was the first symptom I had. Dont know why it would do this after a service unless someone has been for a test drive and given some abuse.
  9. madmonk

Sounds like a police car???

Had this noise coming from my PD150 for the last few months. As you rev the engine the whistle gets louder until about 1900 rpm. About a month ago the turbo blew up!!! The shaft in the turbo snapped due to one of the bearings seizing, this completly destroyed the turbo. Luckily no engine...
  10. madmonk

Dog Bone Mount - Uprated Polyurethane

I got Jabbasport to fit one of their own uprated "dog bone" mounts when I had my clutch done. I have had no vibrations at all, well worth it, highly reccomended.
  11. madmonk

FR150 New Owner - EGR & Other Questions...

I would class the Kumho's as a good all round tyre. I have used Kumho KU31's on my FR+ (150 tdi) for the last 3 years. The grip they offer is good when they are new but when they are half worn or more they tend to start sliping, they also get noisier the more worn they are. I get about 20k (12...
  12. madmonk

Exhaust Rubbers/Mountings

I did have a look but could not find a Powerflex mounting for the rear of the box (under bumper), but this may have been me having brain faid. The LCR mounting has done exactly what I wanted anyway.
  13. madmonk

Two M8 bolts (13mm Socket) hold each mounting on. The new mountings come with the steel brackets attached. I cut the old rubbers off with a stanley knife, then slid the new ones on using plenty of WD40 as a lubricant. The only thing you need to watch is that you fit them the right way...
  14. madmonk

I noticed the tailpipes on my FR+ were quite low and slightly twisted, so after doing some homework I have upgraded the rubber mountings on the backbox. All mk1 Leons use the same mounting at the rear of the backbox (under bumper) part no: 1J0253144J However the exhaust mounting at the...
  15. madmonk

Location of fuse for Cigarette lighter

Should be fuse number 41 in the fuse box. 15 amp (blue). Someone may correct me if I'm wrong.
  16. madmonk

Green Temp Sensor - LCR

Black temp sensor is a common fault. Cheap and very easy to change.
  17. madmonk

Best place to but a clutch kit?

Had my Sachs clutch supplied and fitted by Jabbasport. Highly reccomended, top quality work.
  18. madmonk

oz superturismo 17 ?

OZ Super t's are average weight, not lightweight. If you want lightweight go for the OZ Superleggera.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members