Search results

1. Another new owner...

Hi Stuart, Did you buy the LCR from the Vindis dealership in St Ives? I just sold them my grey LCR in exchange for a Lotus :-) Anyway, with regards to tyres, I swapped the Pzeros for Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 and was very happy with them. I still have two brand new ones if you are...
  2. Protective Film

For the full kit on the lotus, it was quoted as £499, I got that knocked down to £400, which the dealer claims he took a knock on, as they themselves don't really make a profit on selling it..... Obviously, the less you protect, the cheaper it gets, up to a point
  3. Protective Film

I had this put on as a upgrade on my car (VentureShield around petrol filler, all locks, wing mirrors, wheel arches and sills and front bumper and half way up bonnet). I think it is fantastic except that I keep crappying myself when I look at the car and think I have a huge scratch when in fact...
  4. private reg's

My parents bought me mine when I was 21 so have had it for 9 years (they paid £250 for it and now it is work anywhere between £1000-1500) and on 3 cars now. Again, has my name "JOE" as the last three letters. All the transfers have been done when the car was bought and sold and usually by...
  5. Let me introduce my new baby

Cheers for the post Folks. The anticipation is killing me, this weekend is going to be hell. I think I will put a last little bit of TLC on the LCR before I hand it over to the dealer. Make sure it looks its best.... DamoR, cheers for the offer of advice, I am sure I will take you up...
  6. Let me introduce my new baby

Cheers, I will keep you all posted on how it stacks up to the LCR. I know they are different beasts....but both love to be driven :drive2:
  7. Let me introduce my new baby

Yeah, insurance was a bit of a jump. Had the LCR down to £270 this year, but the Lotus is back up to £618..... Still not too bad for a group 20 car. Thank God I don't live in London anymore :-) Still not sure if I will regret having this as my only car....but the other half has the estate...
  8. Let me introduce my new baby

She is 5 months old and will be coming home on Monday http://lotus111r.fotopic.net/c1137030.html Sorry for the poor pictures, they were the ones the dealer had taken. Alas, this does mean that I will be saying goodbye to the LCR (px'ed). I have had a fantastic time owning it. It has...
  9. Opinions on what she is worth?

I did not get around to discussing the discount on the S2000, but the way he made it should, I don't think I have much of a chance. Said something about only getting 15 cars a year, I am guessing that is just this dealer so did not seem to feel inclined to offer much... I am still very much in...
  10. Opinions on what she is worth?

So to keep the conversation going, I got back from testing the S2000 yesterday and got much better news for the LCR trade in there. If I order a car within the next three weeks, they promised me a trade in value of £11500-£12000. That is significantly better than the Lotus garage, and...
  11. Opinions on what she is worth?

Hi Alex, I have only just started test driving possible replacements, so I am unlikely to have sold it within a couple of weeks. I will sort out a proper for sale post this weekend, with photos. I am in the Cambridge area. Cheers for the interest. Joe
  12. Opinions on what she is worth?

Cheers for the link. Seems to be overall lower than Parkers but very useful. Suggests a private sale value £12168 compared with Parkers £12500 Still tells me the PX price offered by the dealer is too low though
  13. Opinions on what she is worth?

I appreciate your comments Mitchy, but the car is only 2 1/2 years old and would still have a full 6 months of dealer warranty. As for thinking the PX offer sounded about right, I feel £10775 is well short of the mark, but it would be a very good PX if one felt they were only going to get...
  14. Opinions on what she is worth?

Hi All, The time has come around again to start thinking about changing cars.... I was wondering what peoples' opinions were on the value of my LCR. It is a 2004 04 Platinium Grey LCR which was Jabba'ed @ 10000 miles Current mileage is 21000 Has remainder of warrenty (6 months)...
  15. Just bought LCR tyres off ebay

All 4 fiited for £30??? My place in Ely is willing to do them for £15 each wheel, which was the best I could find. I'm still very nervous about them damaging my alloys....
  16. Just bought LCR tyres off ebay

Hi All, I thought I would give this guy some free PR. I just bought 4 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 225/40/18 ZR 92Y tyres of this guy for £375 including delivery.:funk...
  17. Mileage out of LCR tyres

bump :D
  18. Mileage out of LCR tyres

Hi All, It is coming to that time, when I have to consider replacing my first set of LCR tyres. Now I have spent a while reading what peoples' opinions are on a variety of tyres (Goodyear GSD3, Nankang NS-2, Kumho Esta 712, Dunlop SP900 or is it 9000? some other brands as well), but I wanted...
  19. SEAT UK and Letchworth Seat

I know this may not help you Scotty_b, but I have had two services from Letchworth on my LCR and have been very happy with the level of service, the use of a courtesy car and the call back a couple of days later to check I was happy with the level of service. But I must admit, they have just...
  20. Letchworth Autoway 20k service

Actually, all was fine, the car had not been washed to my standard so I washed it again, yesterday and I did not find any new marks on the car. One thing I did note, was they must have used something aggressive on the wheels because while the rear breaks have always been pink rather than red...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.