Search results

1. cupra mpg at the minute

Got 240 miles from a full (£65!) tank last week. Really hoping the weather warms up soon.
  2. Cupra R in Performance Car of the Year 2010

They've mis-typed the 0-60 figure for the VRS on the website. In the magazine it was printed as 7.4 secs. Can't believe the Cupra R gets marked down for induction noise. Most of the original reviews of the MK2 Cupra complained at the lack of noise. SEAT just can't win!
  3. mk2 leon cupra clutch?

Ooh, how did you get one under warranty? I've got 8 days warranty left and my clutch has started to slip. Has 40k miles and Revo Stg 1 on it so can't imagine a warranty claim would be entertained.
  4. Help with warning lights (EPC)calling all experts

Had the same thing myself, though every time the EPC light came on the car would go in to limp home mode. Turned out to be a faulty potentiometer on the throttle pedal. Mine was fixed under warranty.
  5. FL Cupra economy run

I did a very similar trip in my Cupra this time last year. Drove from Warrington to Cambourne with a car full of camping gear. Managed an average of 37.1mpg on the trip computer, with one tank giving me 405 miles by the time it was reading zero. 39mpg is good going though. Can't keep up...
  6. Speed Blue Cupra R Spotted

buyacar.co.uk are doing it for £22,458 which is a healthy saving.
  7. Your Cupra, Transport or Toy

Well I voted for transport, but to be honest it's both. If I was buying a car purely for transport, i'd probably have a small diesel - Fiesta or Ibiza probably. If I was buying a toy, i'd have a Boxster or an Elise. The Cupra is a nice middle ground.
  8. Intermittent loss of boost

Well if it makes you happier, let's call it 3rd gear. Anyway, the EML wasn't on at the time. I'd taken the car out to investigate whether it was losing power, or whether it was all in my mind. The EML came on at full throttle 6500rpm, along with a loss of all power. It came back a few...
  9. Intermittent loss of boost

Noticed today that the car didn't seem to be giving full power. Took it down a local dual carriageway to test, and there seemed to be intermittent cutting of boost. Then as I approached 6500rpm in 4th, the boost cut completely and the orange engine management light flashed for approx 10 seconds...
  10. worst bit of motorway

M62 between junction 11 and 10 heading west. Plenty of big bumps in the road which make me wish I was driving a Skoda Superb rather than a Cupra. Could be worse, I could be in an FR!
  11. Cupra Remap Advice

I don't really understand the problem with Revo. If you don't want all that torque coming in at once then don't floor the throttle. As far as i'm concerned, the more power the better! Yes stage 1 Revo comes on very strong around 2500rpm, but when you're used to it and expecting it, you change...
  12. BTCC Oulton Park Sunday June 6th Thanks

Yeah, saw the typhoon first time round but it was supposed to be coming back for a longer 8 minute display at 2pm. Just read on another forum that locals complained about the noise, so it got cancelled.
  13. BTCC Oulton Park Sunday June 6th Thanks

Good day out yesterday. Saw a few SCN stickered cars. Got plenty of pics of Boardman stuck in the tyrewall at the end of the 3rd race, those wheels were not pointing quite in the intended direction. Anyone hear why the Typhoon display got cancelled? I was loking forward to that after the...
  14. Passenger fasten seat belt light

My 2007 Cupra doesn't have a passenger seat belt warning. Can't say i'm bothered about it.
  15. What does a Cupra idle at?

Your fuel economy must be crippling! Bang on 750rpm for mine once warmed up. Like most Cupra owners I do get a slightly lumpy idle, but it seems to be normal.
  16. Cupra - Revo Stage 1 done today

Oh, and a quick question - Obviously it will be run on Super Unleaded, but will it still run on 95 RON fuel if I'm forced to put £10 in? Can't find any details on Revo's website.
  17. Cupra - Revo Stage 1 done today

Had Revo stage 1 installed on my 33000 mile Cupra today. Done at Prosport in Stockport. Took a bit of time to do as they were having issues with the licensing dongle I believe, and they were unable to contact Revo support for an hour or so as Revo are moving offices. I think I picked a bad day...
  18. Leon Cupra Mk2 Fuel Consumption

Never seen 40mpg from my Cupra. Best i've managed is 37mpg. Usually get around 27-28 on the commute to work and back. Getting Revo stage 1 next week, will be interesting to see if it improves.
  19. What type of petrol

The Cupra can run on standard unleaded, but with reduced performance. Super-unleaded all the way for mine.
  20. Had to scrape the ice off the inside of the windscreen this morning.

Had to scrape the ice from the inside for the past couple of days. Also yesterday I was unable to open the boot, rear doors were very difficult to open, then wouldn't close due to the handle getting stuck in the open position. Also the mirrors wouldn't fold out due to the ice. I can only guess...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.