Search results

1. Scoobster

Wastegate fault?

Just out of interest... Does anyone know the part code for the mk3 Ibiza Cupra MAF? I had a re-engineered one fitted a few weeks ago to test whether mine was garfarkled (it was) but I aren't too sure they've put the right MAF on as I can't remember the previous stock item part code.
  2. Scoobster

yet another boost question

Service your DV...?? Quite possibly a "sticking" dump valve I would have thought.
  3. Scoobster

temperature control

I was hoping someone could provide a solution to setting the exterior temperature.... I fancy 24c and sunny please.. !!
  4. Scoobster

ABS & TCS Problems

MAF Sensor blown.... The ABS/TCS are electrically operated via the MAF and if you disconnect the MAF, both the lights come on the dashboard.
  5. Scoobster

Strange temp sensor?

Vag.Com detected all the faults on mine when it was checked. Had the level sensor and temperature sensor replaced and Bob's your uncle.
  6. Scoobster

Strange temp sensor?

Coolant Level Sensor faulty, Coolant Temperature Sensor faulty.. !?! I had both of those replaced recently due to faults that elicited the same problems being mentioned (alarm beeping 3 times on start-up and temp gauge reading inconsistently). No problems now after sensors replaced.
  7. Scoobster

1st day of ownership and engine management light come on

Could be something that doesn't really affect performance to a noticable extent... Lambda, MAF, etc. Or could be even simpler, as suggested... Get fault codes read and make a decision from there.
  8. Scoobster

Pick Up The IHI Around 7ish TONIGHT!!

Awesome mate... I'm wanting more power and torque but I want a larger car too, so won't be looking at BT on an Ibiza, sorry to say... Would like to experience what so much power and torque in such a light car is like though... I bet it is pretty damn incredible. Do some of the top-spec...
  9. Scoobster

Mileage

MAF sensors, Lambda sensors, Coolant Temp Sensors, Fuses melting & Coil packs.... I've had problems with all those and all replaced. They are of course very common faults in general for modern cars and particularly those of the VAG range it would appear. I've done 51k miles on mine and car...
  10. Scoobster

Just been on the RR....Need more power!!

With atmospheric DV you are quite likely to be losing boost or certainly not getting optimal MAF readings, which could interfere with power output and delivery. Atmospheric DVs are generally not useable on remapped Ibiza Cupras. I'd switch back to the recirc Forge.
  11. Scoobster

Improving standard brakes?

Pagid 8-groove Fast Road Discs and matching FR5051 pads on the front. ATE Discs on the rear with Pagid pads. All sourced from Star Performance. When I replaced them, I made sure the brake fluid was also replaced with some higher performance stuff (Dot 4.1 or thereabouts, can't quite...
  12. Scoobster

SEAT to produce two new C/D-segment models in Martorell

If they want a good high-end vehicle to the SEAT range, I would suggest somewhere between the A4 and A5.... Current sketch from the front suggests the sloping rear end of the A5, but the rear sketch doesn't and sticks closer to the A4 and Passat R36, as suggested above. I imagine the...
  13. Scoobster

Poll-fan fuse on battery melted/replaced or not?

Mine melted and set the fuse box on fire.... Required a new fuse box, new fuses but they didn't replace the fan itself.
  14. Scoobster

Limp mode.

The TCS light comes on and stays on when the MAF sensor is unplugged.... My remapped Ibiza goes into limp mode if I run the car over 130mph for a prolonged period if time... I reckon that is due to overboosting and possibly the fault of the N249 I suppose... !?! I don't tend to drive...
  15. Scoobster

intermittent eratic idleing

Is this Coolant Temp Sensor the one that causes the Red light that flashes and beeps 3 times when first running the car on a cold day (also sometimes causing the temp gauge to stick on 60)?
  16. Scoobster

uprated exhaust rubbers

I think this has happened on my car... The Powerflow exhaust sits pretty close to the heat shield at the front (between Cat and Centre box). Shortly after I had the zorst fitted it started rattling badly and the rear rubber had gone, so Powerflow relocated the zorst slightly and things were...
  17. Scoobster

MK3 Cupra Brakes ?????

Pagid FR5051 pads for the front Pagid Fast Road 8-Groove Disks for the front ATE Performance Discs & Pads for the rear. That's what I'm running at the moment. I got all parts from Jim @ Star Performance.
  18. Scoobster

TCS light flickering

Did you have your windscreen wipers going?
  19. Scoobster

Ibiza Cupra mk3 Headlight

And waste £300.... I don't think so, not simply to get some bright lights. I'm looking to sell the car, that £300 would go towards Mods to whatever I buy next. I'll stick with the Xenon H7 bulbs.. But thanks for the opinion.
  20. Scoobster

Ibiza Cupra mk3 Headlight

The H7 Xenon's aren't true Xenon bulbs indeed... They are just Halogen bulbs with a small amount of Xenon included in the mixture, which intensifies the light emitted. I was looking at getting the Osram Silverstar 50% H7 bulbs, or the Phillips Vision Plus 50% Xenon replacements... I would...