Search results

1. Ideal Aftermarket Stereo System For 07 FR

If I wasn't to buy the RNS510 then which one would you say of the non-chinese ones looks the best integrated in the dash?
  2. Ideal Aftermarket Stereo System For 07 FR

Well, I have a reasonable budget. I'm totally not into doing it myself. I might end up in Halfords or somewhere. I googled the RNS510 and it's big bucks. so maybe not that one. Thanks for the advice.
  3. Ideal Aftermarket Stereo System For 07 FR

I'm clueless about car stereos. There, I said it. I've been looking for a solution that will enable me to have a bluetooth setup for my iPhone, something that can play or stream tunes from my iPhone, be able to get DAB and maybe have a satnav. The only problem is that despite trawling through...
  4. Mouldy Bonnet Insulation

Just wondering what's the longest period that anyone has been without insulation in a mark II TFSI. The insulation is mouldy and hanging down and touching the top of the engine. I'm thinking that is probably more likely to do damage to the car than just removing it and going without. As I say...
  5. Mouldy Bonnet Insulation

Well, I think what I'll do is replace it and wait for that one to start getting manky. Then replace that at a later date. Ridiculous really.
  6. Mouldy Bonnet Insulation

I have read all of the posts here about this issue but it seems to be quite complicated sorting it out with differing accounts of how well it can even work. This coupled with the fact that I'm out of warranty (07 plate) and also that I'm not exactly much of a mechanic makes me wonder 'Would it...
  7. Windscreen judder, help please, its driving me mad!

I realise this was quite a while ago now but I think I have the same problem as cardaft. I'm trying to work out how exactly you would apply this stuff to the windscreen to get the pesky RainX stuff off. Any ideas appreciated.
  8. Scirocco torque steer

Hmm, interesting. I should have done a bit more research on torque steer. It seems there are more people online complaining about this with the Scirocco. Shame, it was a cracking motor otherwise, with noticeably better handling than the vanilla, unmodded FR.
  9. Scirocco torque steer

Going from my trusty FR to test drive Scirocco GT today and it felt great in lots of ways but was slightly shocked by level of torque steer. This was noticeably more than on my Bluefinned FR. Given that it is basically the same engine as mine - and with less torque - what could explain this?
  10. Mini Cooper S - Fun after FR?

Thanks. FTR I have Bluefinned my FR so it's got a bit more oomf than normal. I do love it but always had small cars before and driving the girlfriend's Polo GT just made me think of test driving the MCS. May have to take one out for a spin.
  11. Mini Cooper S - Fun after FR?

I've been thinking of a Cooper S. Sort of missing the nippy, twisty vibe of a small car. Anyone any experience of these or comparisons drive-wise with Leon?
  12. Where did you get your mats from?

Really frustrating that you can't buy just the driver's or just the front ones. My ones in the back are like brand new but my driver's one is knackered. But, I have to buy four new ones as a pack.
  13. 'Spare' key problem

Good question. If you have the spare blade (on the second key) then I wonder how much it costs. Any ideas?
  14. 'Spare' key problem

This morning I took my Leon for it's MOT. I couldn't find my main key and so dug out my spare key. I took the car up there and the guys did the MOT but when I got into the car to come home again I unlocked the door, got in adjusted the seat etc and turned the key and the alarm started going off...
  15. P-Torque re-map

Sorry, I should have said not 'every time' you service the car but sometimes they will update it meaning you would need to reapply the map. I presume the place you have it done would also redo it for free in this instance?
  16. P-Torque re-map

Problem with not going the handset route is having to get it redone every time you have it serviced etc. Flexibility with Bluefin or Revo handsets I guess is what you are paying for.
  17. Adjusting windscreen wiper arms

Thanks for the suggestions. Will give them a try. By the way, the wipers I got were from SEAT and made exactly no difference.
  18. Adjusting windscreen wiper arms

I have been suffering with rubbing wipers since day one of having my FR. I have replaced them with brand new ones and scrubbed the screen with Autoglym glass cleaner but no joy. The only thing left I can think of is physically adjusting the angle of the blade. Does anyone know how to do this...
  19. Manual or DSG

But the chances of it going wrong are, or at the time I was buying in 2008 were, a lot higher than the chances of a manual going wrong. I can't really see why this is so hard to understand. I remember reading at the time a VW engineer saying that he had seen a lot of faulty mechatronic...
  20. Manual or DSG

You seem to have misunderstood. What I meant was that if I was making the choice at the time of buying a new car as to whether it would be a manual or DSG.