Search results

1. Freewheelin'

Bike rack onto Seat roof bars?? (pic inside)

I have some Altea aero roof bars which are specific to the Mk 2 Leon and some Altea bike racks which fit fine. The Altea aero bars look very similar to the Seat ones in the pic. As said the rear bar looks too far back in the pic....from memory there should be 700mm between front and rear...
  2. Freewheelin'

What to get next after my Leon Cupra?

Out of that list the Evo X eg a 360 seems the best value. You can find 2 year old ones (with warranty left) for around £20k....I would have thought the others (apart from the STI) would cost a fair bit more for a similarly aged car. They are a great drive out of the box and 400bhp is...
  3. Freewheelin'

Small Front Number Plates?

Its illegal to fit plates with anything other than the standard sized lettering and spacing if there is provision for normal sized number plates to be fitted to the car. The only exception is for imported cars where there is no room to fit a standard sized plate then you can fit one with smaller...
  4. Freewheelin'

57 plate SEAT Leon 2.0 T FSI Cupra

I'd say a fair price but not a bargain....although as has been said its the cost to change that matters.
  5. Freewheelin'

Show me you wheels

OZ Superturismo GT's....
  6. Freewheelin'

Ordered the best tyres on the market? Yoko AD08's!

The MLR sell the AD08 and the blurb says 88W is the correct load rating for the Evo so I would have thought they would be OK for the Cupra. However if you're unsure you could check with Yokohama?
  7. Freewheelin'

Handling; Car's rear feels disjointed from the front?

Myabe that's your problem....if you were used to pushing on in the Evo your Cupra will be struggling in the corners driven down a B road at similar speeds. Having said that I haven't noticed the 'disconnected' feel you describe in my Cupra....just the usual understeer if you're pushing on when...
  8. Freewheelin'

HID's Help

These are good quality kits.... http://www.gb-ent.com/store/hid-lighting/hid-xenon-light-kit-h7-bulb-type-6000k.html
  9. Freewheelin'

The FR is going....

What matters is the 'cost to change'. If you're going for a higher value car like an S3 you might get a better offer on your FR but you've got to find more money to bridge the difference. Normally I would try and sell a car privately and waive the cash under the dealer's nose but in the...
  10. Freewheelin'

The FR is going....

One advantage of going for a FL Cupra is you should get a good trade-in deal on your FR 170. Certainly my experience....I traded a FR TDI (with all the usual DPF problems) for a 09 Cupra which has been spot-on with no issues apart from routine servicing and a couple of mods.
  11. Freewheelin'

What lowering springs for fr170

H&R are a good alternative if you want to lower the car 30-40mm.
  12. Freewheelin'

Cheapest Place For VREDESTEIN ULTRAC SESSANTA

On special offer at Camskill £99 each for 225/40 x18" http://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b0s134p0/Car_Tyres_-_MPV_Tyres_-_People_Carrier_Tyres_-_18_inch_R18_inch_-_225_40_18_225_40_R_18
  13. Freewheelin'

Wheel spacing mk2 cupra

Cheers :thumbup:
  14. Freewheelin'

Wheel spacing mk2 cupra

I've got OZ Superturismo's 18x8" ET50 and 225/40x18" tyres fitted....should I go for 5mm (F) and 10mm (R) or 10mm (F) and 15mm (R) spacers, given the wheels are slightly wider thsan the OE ones.
  15. Freewheelin'

Tyres for mk2 leon cupra

Buy them off the 'net from somewhere like Camskill and get them delivered to a friend in Belfast all ready for Christmas. No chance of my other half doing anything like this....she takes zero interest in the...
  16. Freewheelin'

2007 cupra insurance

Let's say some third party is involved in an accident and its your fault. Where do they go for recompense when your insurance company discovers you're lying and refuses to pay out. They go to the MIB Uninsured Driver's Fund and where does that money come from....yep you're right.....everyone...
  17. Freewheelin'

Is it worth changing from a Cupra to a Cupra R or a Focus RS

Having owned both at the same time the Evo X is in a different league to the Cupra....although it does need 400bhp to do the chassis justice but this can be achieved relatively cheaply.
  18. Freewheelin'

Would 19x9.5 rear wheels fit?

I would have thought the outer edge of a 9.5" rim ET35 will sit outside the rear arch so you'll have to modify the arch in some way to get them to sit flush. 235 section tyres on a 9.5" rim will look very stretched imo. 245 or 255 would look a lot better which may work anyway if you're...
  19. Freewheelin'

Fr tdi help with new purchase

With the sort of budget you're talking about I would also consider a Mk 1 Cupra/FR TDI. I've owned both and imo the Mk 1 had a lot going for it....still a decent looking car, more economical than the Mk 2 and no dpf issues. You would get a relatively low mileage one for your budget.
  20. Freewheelin'

show us your wheels :-)

OZ Superturismo GT's....
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise