Search results

1. Heated Front Windscreen

I have a heated front windscreen in my 2003 Alhambra SE TDi 130 A few of the lines do not seem to be working. Does anyone know of a way to fix this or can it only be fixed by fitting a new heated front windscreen ? Also when should the heated wing mirrors work ? Is it only when the heated...
  2. Alhambra 2003 TDi 130

Check which coolant temperature sensor you need though I was told I needed the 4 pin based on the age of the car so got one from eBay. When it came to fitting it I actually have the 2 pin sensor so have had to order another one from eBay I believe the sensor is a bit of a pain to get to...
  3. Alhambra 2003 TDi 130

Mine is doing the same thing. I am having the coolant temperature sensor replaced as this has thrown an error and was picked up when the local garage checked the fault codes
  4. CD Changer

I'll see if I can find a CD changer for now as I have a seperate sat nav at the moment but this would be a nice upgrade in the future as I see the MFD unit also has CD changer control so if I can find a proper 6 disc changer for the cubby hole I can still make use of it in the future if I...
  5. CD Changer

Any details about replacing it with a double din sat nav unit ? Which year and model did you get yours from and is it a simple enough change ?
  6. CD Changer

I have a 2003 1.9 TDi SE spec Alhambra but I do not have the 6 disc CD changer in the drivers side rear cubby hole Should I still have the CD changer lead running from the back of the headunit to the storage compartment underneath the cubby hole ? If I should have it what shape and colour...
  7. Central Locking Problems

I think it was more the fuse than the door wiring but its fixed now so thats the main thing Replaced fuse 53 this morning which controls the interior lights so they are all working again now as well. No idea what has happened to cause a couple of fuses to pop at the same time. Hopefully it is...
  8. fuse 32

I have just replaced this fuse on mine which caused my dash to reset and my drivers side central locking to work sporadically I have read that it could keep blowing if there is a problem with the diagnostic socket shorting out as this fuse seems to blow when diagnostic equipment is plugged in...
  9. Central Locking Problems

Problem resolved :D Fuse 32, 5 amp, had partially blown. It completely blew and the trip and time on the dash would reset when the engine was switched off, also the voltage gauge was reading zero. Replaced the 5 amp fuse and everything is working correctly :lol: Thanks to everyone that...
  10. Central Locking Problems

On the Alhambra the actuator connects to the mechanical door lock, I have had the actuator replaced and this did not fix the problem. I have also had all the wiring in the drivers door replaced with a brand new loom so this should rule out any wire damage I dont think it can be a microswitch...
  11. Central Locking Problems

When a door locks the interior handle gets pulled towards the outside of the door, when it unlocks it pushes it towards the interior of the car Every time I lock/unlock using the fob the passenger door does this in one fluid motion, the drivers door gets stuck half way and stays in its...
  12. Central Locking Problems

Thanks for the reply but I cant see it being a key out of sync as the motor and everything is working correctly it just does not complete its full function. The door is half locking/unlocking so it is getting a signal from the key to tell it what to do, it just isnt doing it for some reason
  13. Central Locking Problems

I am having a problem with the central locking on my 03 plate Alhambra The drivers door will not completely lock or unlock when pressing the fob, all 3 other doors and the boot hatch lock and unlock correctly. The fuel cap is also mirroring the problem with the drivers door The drivers...
  14. Major Toledo problems

Cannot fault mine to be honest and if we werent expecting twins then I dont think I would be selling it. We have the SE model so climate and cruise which I now couldnt live without on the family car We have had it two years and all it has needed in that time is general servicing and a few...
  15. New wiper linkage help!

I managed to damage one of the wiper arms when I put them back on. Think I did it up a bit too tight and it snapped where it attaches to the motor, new arm from the scrapyard and problem sorted
  16. New wiper linkage help!

I'm 99% sure thats what I paid, will see if I have the receipt at home tonight Sometimes parts can be sensible at the stealers. I had to wait for it to arrive in to them though so its not always ideal if you can pick up a secondhand one locally. I refused to drive mine until I had fixed it as...
  17. hard to start when warm (after about 10 mins)

Could be the starter motor. I have heard of these getting corroded and then having problems starting the car again when it is warm May be worth getting it scanned on VAGCOM to see if there are any sensor faults first
  18. New wiper linkage help!

When I needed a wiper linkage for my Toledo I got it from our local dealer for around £40
  19. low :)

Think I have seen this around Yeovil. I drive a burgundy Toledo at the moment but have just bought an Alhambra so the Toledo is for sale
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.