Search results

1. keebo_sioux

Dual Mass Flywheel

Although it's possible that I don't drive it correctly, I don't believe that to be the case as I've been driving for many years and have had two Ibizas - nothing like this on the old one. I am not driving aggressively at all - if anything I don't really utilise the car's power/torque - but I...
  2. keebo_sioux

Dual Mass Flywheel

its 03, the DMF went in 2008. Wouldn't a single mass affect the performance?
  3. keebo_sioux

Dual Mass Flywheel

I've been told that the Dual Mass Flywheel is going for the second time on my Ibiza and I've only done 20k since the last time (The car is well out of warranty but I've only done 56,000 on it from new). I have asked for goodwill but been told I must book it into a stealer rather than an...
  4. keebo_sioux

Mileage on your ibiza's?

41k on '03 plate
  5. keebo_sioux

Do SEAT have poor or good after sales in your experience?

I've had two Ibizas in 10 years. The appalling after sales and service I've experienced over the years mean that I will never buy Seat again. I've tried several dealers and now I have given up on them. On my first car they couldn't fix an ongoing problem with the spark plugs (for years) and a...
  6. keebo_sioux

tyre wear

I thought my bushes had been done by the stealer (when they ripped me off for a new flywheel and clutch), but it seems it was suspension 'brackets' instead - can't tell if they are front or rear from the description but have part numbers.
  7. keebo_sioux

tyre wear

yup! in my experience I have gone through 3 sets of front Bridgestone Turanzas in six years because the insides of the front tyres have gone practically bald whilst the outsides have still had 4mm on. The back tyres hardly wear at all. And I only do around 5000 miles a year. Every time I've...
  8. keebo_sioux

What fluid am a low on? quick help

many thanks for your help :)
  9. keebo_sioux

What fluid am a low on? quick help

I have the same problem - we've only noticed it since the clutch got replaced though...the mechanics wouldn't have needed to touch it when they were replacing the clutch and flywheel would they? So I have to go to a dealer, they definitely wouldn't sell it in Halfords? Does it have to be a...
  10. keebo_sioux

130TDi Sport service history advice

I need this info too as I have a replacement service book which they charged me £7.50 for and it has no useful info in it! There doesn't seem to be anything on a website which says what I need for a 5 year service (its only 40,000 miles) I don't want to have to use Stealers for anything any...
  11. keebo_sioux

urgent reply requested - what are my rights if dealer 'forgot' VAT?

I still can't believe that he tried to pull that trick on top of a £1500 bill! I hope it wasn't because I'm female?! When I went in, no mention was made of the "forgotten" VAT and we settled for me being completely fleeced anyway for a flywheel, clutch, and front bush 'brackets'. I'd already...
  12. keebo_sioux

I simply can't afford to pay more than he quoted me. In order to meet this bill I have had to move money around between accounts and reduce my mortgage payment this month - I am between jobs and had a grand saved for a rainy day but we are talking about another £250 on top of a hefty bill.
  13. keebo_sioux

yes, he asked me to "meet him half way" but I can't afford to. He says he will try to get the figure down to what he quoted me...when I go in to get the car later today.
  14. keebo_sioux

I was verbally quoted a price to fix my car and I confirmed with him twice that the price included VAT, now the dealer says that he 'forgot to add' VAT. What are my rights? Can I just pay the price I was quoted?
  15. keebo_sioux

CD Failure and availability of spares from Seat

oh mine does it when it overheats. The CD gets very hot and starts to warp slightly I assume, then it skips and won't eject. Every long journey where the air con or just the fan is on.
  16. keebo_sioux

Altea 1.9tdi Flywheel / Clutch dead

Thanks for your input; they confirmed it was the flywheel that's gone. They are going to put a new clutch and flywheel in for £1200 and replace the front suspension bushes whilst they're at it (another £300). The dealers are submitting a goodwill claim for me now (THANKS pantsdavies) I have...
  17. keebo_sioux

Altea 1.9tdi Flywheel / Clutch dead

ahhh...my heart sank when I read this. This is why my car is at the stealers now. It is 5 years old though but only 36,000 miles and I don't think a clutch should go at this point. 1.9 TDI Is there anything I can do, they are going to charge me anything from £700 to £1400 depending on...
  18. keebo_sioux

My Poor Driving = Damaged Bumper

Does it affect the paintwork warranty to get it fixed? I seem to remember people saying that a few years ago - but could a dealer tell if minor work was done anyhow?
  19. keebo_sioux

help! horrible clutch noise - possibly bearing - need rough estimate of cost?!

thanks for taking the time to give me some idea. There goes the last of my rainy day fund...I had better find some work in the next two weeks!
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.