Search results

1. General maintenance Handy things to know about your Ibiza MK5

I keep looking through threads on this site and finding ouy loads of handy things about my ibiza. Thought it would be handy to have a place to put anything you find out. I was thinking things like the wiper service mode, coming home headlight function, the little button on the bottom of 1 of...
  2. Fitting new Double Dinn Head Unit

Sorry what i meant is that i ordered a 3200dvd instead of 3200bt so had to cancel. Iv had a look around and seen a few pictures with double dinn units fitted now and i dont like the huge gaps around it :(. Having second thoughts about double dinn because of it
  3. Fitting new Double Dinn Head Unit

just realised i ordered the wrong head unit so canceled order :P It actually was the AVH-3200BT that i was ordering. Going very cheap at the moment. Might go for the zenec VW style head unit though instead now. I just need to check if it is the exact same dimensions needed (it looks...
  4. Fitting new Double Dinn Head Unit

Hi all, Just ordered a pioneer double dinn head unit. I am going to fit it myself (I have never done it before but refuse to pay a fortune to get it done). Anybody got a diagram of the wiring for the current head unit? Or have any advice on doin this? I will be taking pictures while I...
  5. 2.0 TDI DPF better than 1.6TDI ?

my 2.0 ft tdi runs beatifully, I can barely tell when its doing a regen. Only way I can tell is that it idles at 1000rpm. No performance decrease at all! had the DPF light on twice in the 12000 miles on the clock, cleared fine though following the instructions given :)
  6. Vag Com cable. which to buy? how much?

Any chance you could post a link to the item you bought? I have seen a few on ebay but some say not for CAN BUS vehicles etc. I am worried I am going to buy one that isnt compatible with the ibiza.
  7. Vag Com cable. which to buy? how much?

thanks will give it a go
  8. Vag Com cable. which to buy? how much?

*BUMP* Sorry to bump but really need to know :( going to order one soon and as its coming from hong kong I dont want to order the wrong one.
  9. Vag Com cable. which to buy? how much?

Been looking around and cant see anywhere which vag com cable to buy? Found this one: http://www.bestofferbuy.com/vagcom-usb-vehicle-can-bus-cable-with-software-cd-p-29355.html?zenid=2an6e63cukm8tgh8tmbgtmh1i7 Is that the correct one? Is it a reasonable price to pay or can i get it...
  10. Black Magic 2.0 TDi FR

Which exact sidelight bulbs did you go for? wanting to change mine too (I hate the yellow tint they have at the moment). Is the bulb warning light still off after fitting? You managed to pick out some new headlight bulbs yet too? wanting to change those at the same time but dont know where to...
  11. Passenger door won't shut

It depends where you are as to whether seat assist can help you. I belive you must be more than 2 miles from your home for the breakdown cover to be active. They will simply get AA to come and help you if you are more than that away, and if it something they cannot fix for you they should take...
  12. "NEW" Seat Ibiza FR order - INFO Please

Yeah the whole thing sounds fine to me doesnt sound dodgey. I think the dealer is just trying to get the car quicker for you (he will get his money quicker too, so a win win situation as far as hes concerned). I got the same with my first mk5 ibiza 1.4 (now have fr tdi). got the car in 2...
  13. New Tyre price?

getting 2 new tyres on mine next week. only got 12000 miles. Just depends how heavy footed you are really.
  14. Handy things to know about your Ibiza MK5

another thing to note... DO NOT: press the boot unlock button (or the lock button while the boots open) place your keys in the boot while you pick up your shopping forget to pick up your keys close the boot... the Boot will autolock, with your keys inside! havent done this myself...
  15. DPF Info - All CR-TDI Owners Should Read This

My dpf light came on last night. Tried doing what was said about driving at 40mph in 4th or 5th gear but the light still seems to be on after about half an hour. At what point do I contact the dealer? Do I wait for the other intrument lights to come on aswell? Also, if those lights do come on...
  16. Horn stuck on

yeh mines about 6 weeks old so must be a fairly recent change
  17. Horn stuck on

oh i didnt mean just the book on its own i mean the whole package DOES fit in mine. the package i got in my fr tdi is MUCH smaller than the 1.4 i had, it is perfectly sized to fit in the glove compartment.
  18. Horn stuck on

depends on how old your car is i think as to whether it fits in the glove box. My 1.4 09 reg ibiza sc had a fairly large book etc and didnt fit in, but my 10 reg FR came with a much smaller book which slots in fine :)
  19. Plug 'n' Go Supechip

I dont know much about tuning, but could anyone tell me... There is a blufin chip available for the VW Passat 2.0L TDI which has the exact same engine as the 2.0L FR TDI, does this mean that the bluefin chip will also work on the ibiza fr tdi, or not?
  20. Appeal for help!

hmm. If that is true, then it would not be covered under warrenty. I would check up to se if the place you got your wheel alignment done at actually DOES check for positive and negative cambers. Some places only check the alignment without checking the camber. If they do check for camber...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members